• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please spell out the full names rather than the abbreviations, as PFP can mean both Post-Flashpoint and Pre-Flashpoint. It is hard to understand otherwise, and the same goes for Post-Crisis and Pre-Crisis.
PFP = Post-Flashpoint for me, but fair point.

At the moment, I think the Hypersonic - High Hypersonic calcs seem the most consistent, but I can agree to Massively Hypersonic+ if we get more calcs on that level.
Thank you for the evaluation.

There's a handful of statements in the World's Finest run that say that characters have different power levels on different realities, it's why Power Girl has two different keys for her two different realities. I think this is important to note because it makes a lot of inter-reality scaling so much easier and less messy. So I think we should just scale characters off the feats from their own realities.

Anyway, I did a llot of street tier speed calcs lately (here and here) and got consistently Supersonic+ stuff. Take from that what you wll.

Should we use her calculations to scale from?

Anyway, I did a llot of street tier speed calcs lately (here and here) and got consistently Supersonic+ stuff. Take from that what you wll.
For the Killshot calc, those calibers look real big, I'd suggest using 7.62x51mm NATO/.308 Winchester as the bare minimum, and at best, .50 BMG (Which really isn't much faster than full-power 5.56x45mm NATO rounds which is what the AR-15 uses but the US military shifted to HK416 M27s now, so yeah, won't be that much swifter, unless you go sabot .50 BMG)

Last edited:
For the Killshot calc, those calibers look real big, I'd suggest using 7.62x51mm NATO/.308 Winchester as the bare minimum, and at best, .50 BMG (Which really isn't much faster than full-power 5.56x45mm NATO rounds unless you go sabot, which is what the AR-15 uses, but the US military shifted to HK416 M27s now)
Ah, thanks.. Still Supersonic+ but a bit more accurate it seem.

BTW, for the Katana calc, why not just assume that the bullets were arm's length away from Katana? This is because when she strikes them with the katana at one point her arm would be straightened out to the front and her katana would be horizontal like a shield, directly ending up in the bullet's path.

Or... you could use the scan after the bullet slice to determine the distance between the bad guys and Katana's group.

Just saw that point-blank lightning dodging feat and it is not legit. We don't see the lightning go to her and then she moves, just the weapon before attacking her and then the next panel it already attacked her and she dodged, but we have no idea of what was in between that. The staff was blowing lightning everywhere, she could have dodged a hit from the staff at staff speeds and the lightning was there around.

Okay. Do some of them overlap with each other? If so, I can ask some other calc group members to check what seems most reliable to use.

@Executor_N0 @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @DragonGamerZ913

I have been told that several of the above calculations are for the same feats, and as such overlap with each other. Can any of you help us to decide which of them that are most reliable to use please?

A bump I guess, better get this long overdue issue over with since I do have some DC revisions in mind too.

So firstly in response to Jasonsith some of the lightning feats seemed to have been debunked above, I'll have to scroll the thread to recap what the points made were.

There's also two versions of the recalcs right now, Amelia's and mine, I'll try to take a look at Amelia's tonight but it'd be nice if a calc group member has time to review and compare them.

After that we'll have to make a decision based on all the calcs on which one is the most consistent for the characters.

If you link to the different calculations that handle the same feats, I can ask a few other calc group members to evaluate which of them that are more reliable to use.

@Executor_N0 @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @DragonGamerZ913

I have been told that several of the above calculations are for the same feats, and as such overlap with each other. Can any of you help us to decide which of them that are most reliable to use please?
This is the latest DC street leveler speed feat.

I see some old calcs are exaggerated So Spino downtoned them - just to let Spino himself spot some legit lightning dodging feat.

Do we take the second craziest accepted speed feat as something similar to how we do things at Marvel street leveler speed feats?
Nightwing has a MHS feat that has now been accepted.

This is just one feat btw. Both Static and Livewire are stated to be as fast as lightning and the street tiers scale to them.
Just to quote a few

Thank you. Would you be willing to compare, and if necessary evaluate, them, or should I ask other calc group members for help?

200.gif

Took the time to read Amelia's version and here are my conclusions: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan/Yet_another_DC_speed_recalc

I found myself agreeing with her calcs more than my original version which took values from the even more original calc (the bad one). I recalculated the Batman feat once again though, and ended up with an underwhelming Mach 2. That also seems to be in line with the Nightwing feats which are in the Supersonic to Supersonic+ range.

I guess maybe Supersonic+ would be more consistent for DC, unless we decide to use the lightning feats.

There's also the Cassandra Cain MHS feat though that is unrelated to lightning: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...New_Calculations#Cassandra_Cain_dodges_bullet

Thank you for helping out. Amelia's calculations that you accepted can probably be applied now then.

Which of your own calculations currently need evaluations from other calc group members?

I redid the Batman calc which is in the first link.

The MHS range calcs have been accepted, it's a matter of whether they or the Supersonic range calcs are a more suitable rating for the DC characters.

I redid the Batman calc which is in the first link.

The MHS range calcs have been accepted, it's a matter of whether they or the Supersonic range calcs are a more suitable rating for the DC characters.
Okay.

@Armorchompy @Damage3245 @KieranH10 @Mr._Bambu @Therefir

Would any of you be willing to evaluate the following calculation blog, and otherwise help us out with deciding which versions of the calculations for the same feats that we should use here in general please?

I mean, I don't think it's about choosing THE most consistent, but rather choosing the highest that is somewhat consistent

Well, our calc group members need to make a decision, and somebody needs to apply the results.

bruh

Anyways what's the sitch with this thread, in regards to completion
Not anywhere close to completing tbh, need input from more knowledgeable members. Basically we have a bunch of Supersonic calculations and a few MHS ones (some of them are being questioned though).

Not anywhere close to completing tbh, need input from more knowledgeable members. Basically we have a bunch of Supersonic calculations and a few MHS ones (some of them are being questioned though).
Are they all performed by the same people orrr?

Because street tiers can have like, dynamics amongst themselves

We have a Supersonic feat by Batman and a couple of Supersonic to Supersonic+ feats for Nightwing.

Cassandra Cain has a HHS+ to MHS feat, but there has been some debate on the extent regular street tiers scale to her since she's supposed to be like really fast.

Then there's a bunch of questionable MHS electricity/lightning calcs that I think people brought up some issues with but I'll have to check the thread again. Someone mentioned some metahuman being as fast as lightning too iirc.

Cain getting listed way the **** higher than everyone else isn't that much a stretch, yeah.

Check the other feats though, ye

TBH cloud to ground lightning strike is pretty easy to dodge - one from another comic book takes as little as subsonic speed to dodge.

Well this may mean all cloud to ground lightning dodging speeds need to be discounted.

Meanwhile speed tiers are benchmarked against the highest applicable speed feat so it can be unfair if we go against this rule just because "we think" they should be closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back