• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Profile Clean-up and Revisions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly agree with Matt on this point. I think Anti-Monitor/Monitor would get upgraded but everything else should be left alone.

Let's not forget that these new writers constantly confuse the original 2-A Monitor with the Overmonitor (a.k.a Monitor Mind). This new arc is just nonsense if you ask me, as it even mentions multiple Overmonitors.

Okay. I suppose that is a valid point. The problem is that some of those references have been offhanded mentions, whereas others are taken as official.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I suppose that is a valid point. The problem is that some of those references have been offhanded mentions, whereas others are taken as official.
What? How can one officially published DC Comic be more official than another?

The new arc could always be retconing the old stuff as well. Like how one of the mid-2000 Ms Marvel comics retconed how she destroyed a planet back in the 80s or 90s.

I mean that a minor character making an offhanded reference to infinite dimension in a mostly irrelevant Larfleeze comic that all other writers ignored afterwards, cannot be taken with the same gravitas as Grant Morrison's well established DC cosmology from Final Crisis and Multiversity.

Shared settings mean that some things are picked up and given weight, whereas others are not.

Are we literally going to ignore the fact that Mxy stated that the 6th Dimension was outside the Source Wall given that the Source Wall is treated as a barrier between the Universe and the Sixth Dimension?

And Mxy stated that he could now bring Superman to the 6th Dimension since the Source Wall was broken?

Oh, because you decided it was inconsistent in a thread about DC revisions, we ignore it, right?

Okay. You should have called this the DC consistency thread rather than revision thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back