• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh also, I changed a few of my PFP 9-Bs that should have been upgraded to 8-C but weren't, I feel like there may be more.

If we're just gonna put it as unknown we might as well not have it here to begin with. Better to just delete the rating
Well, "Variable, up to [insert tier here] at maximum speed", or something similar, works for me as well.

Well, "Variable, up to [insert tier here] at maximum speed", or something similar, works for me as well.
So do the rest of you find this solution acceptable?

Also, can somebody write a list of all the knowledgeable members who have helped out with this thread previously, so I can send them a notification, please?

What are the conclusions here so far, and what do we still need further community input about before it is accepted and can be applied?

To do list:

1: Add Batman's 9-A calcs to his "Feats" section
2: Change Post-Flashpoint speed to "Massively Hypersonic, possibly Massively Hypersonic+"
3: Evaluate Owlman's calc
4: Find instances of the Flashes scaling to Weather Wizard
5: Add the fifth calc to Batman's page since that's an upgrade to his current calc
6: Discuss Joker's and Punchline's ratings again because the current calc is 2.7 times baseline and not 1.4
We don't really need any input other than maybe for the last point, we just need to do what's stated above

Okay. That seems fine to me at least, but I would appreciate further help from our community.

Kinda really busy last few days, haven't been helping, sorry.
I'm fine with Joker scaling to Bats directly, he's weaker but he isn't that much weaker, and Bats is deep enough into the tier where downscaling wouldn't cross into the tier below.

Joker and Punchline are already At most 8-C, I don’t see why that needs to change just because Batman scales a little bit higher.

Okay. I suppose that we currently likely just need the Owlman calculation evaluated, and can then apply this revision then.

Can you link to the calculation in question, so I can ask for help from our calc group members, please?

Thank you. You need to move the calculations that you want evaluated to a wiki blog post before our calc group members can officially do so though.

Iirc @Chariot190 said that he will move it to a blog after it gets accepted here since the calc is long and he only wants to move the accepted calculation out of the 10+ calcs he made. We can wait for his response

For that calc, we need to actually figure out which end we're using first. Once we decide which end we think checks out the best, I'll just move that into a blog and ask Armor or someone to eval it.

The reason it isn't blogged yet is just because I wanted us to figure out what end we think is best first, I just feel putting a calc with like 20+ ends into a blog where ultimately, only one will be used is just going to inflate the blog, make it hard to read and make it harder to understand and confuse people who visit the site checking the calc or profiles, as they won't have the context we have and might get confused when they see two dozen versions of the same calc but only say, end 14 is used over the others.
I'd recommend asking KLOL which end he thinks is best, I'd also like to ask which end Transcending thinks is best and whoever else has been around.

For that calc, we need to actually figure out which end we're using first. Once we decide which end we think checks out the best, I'll just move that into a blog and ask Armor or someone to eval it.

The reason it isn't blogged yet is just because I wanted us to figure out what end we think is best first, I just feel putting a calc with like 20+ ends into a blog where ultimately, only one will be used is just going to inflate the blog, make it hard to read and make it harder to understand and confuse people who visit the site checking the calc or profiles, as they won't have the context we have and might get confused when they see two dozen versions of the same calc but only say, end 14 is used over the others.
I'd recommend asking KLOL which end he thinks is best, I'd also like to ask which end Transcending thinks is best and whoever else has been around.
Which one was it again? Can you gimme the...

OH DEAR GOD 20 ******* ENDS.

This one I suppose. Give me a bit.

'Kay most of the methods look wack because of inconsistent and wonky-as-**** FoV and PoV and characters not being fully lined up with the building properly enough for pixel-scaling to work (One of the issues with pixel-scaling 2-D stuff is that the character being far or close can drastically change up the values, which is what's going on here), so I am compelled to say only Methods 1 and 7 work here (With me leaning on Method 1 more because the floor limits have the best visibility here). Method 2 is straight up wrong because nobody makes buildings with each storey being 3.3 meters and involving dual stacks of railing. That doesn't happen.

Also, wikipedia and skydeck both state that the average is 14 ft or 4.3 meters and that many buildings have storeys below that or wildly above that. Since this is a skyscraper without any ceiling, and the floors look fairly large, I'm fairly confident that 4.3 meters is the right way to go about this one.

Then you need to do the job of dividing the yield with the number of bombs involved to find the yield of each explosive, then find the closest explosive from Bats, scale him to that.

'Kay most of the methods look wack because of inconsistent and wonky-as-**** FoV and PoV and characters not being fully lined up with the building properly enough for pixel-scaling to work
I mean, yeah I'm aware, but not much I can do about that.
I can swap 3.3 for 4.3m though in about a minute or two tho, which version do you want me to swap out?

Then you need to do the job of dividing the yield with the number of bombs involved to find the yield of each explosive, then find the closest explosive from Bats, scale him to that.

Technically already done in the calc so yeah, just remove the extra step, that's easy to account for.

So in that case, Method 7, or Method 1 but with 4.3?

Ok that's easy, I just went and counted the bombs and what not, I'll toss it together here in a moment.

If you're busy I'll hit up Chompy.
Edit: Ok so that's done now. Tbh, the fact Owlman has High 8-C spammable bombs is probably the coolest part.

Anyway what's left? Add the feats to a feat section, change speed and something about point 5 being an upgrade calc?

Last edited:
So what has been accepted to be applied, and what is left to do here currently?
1: Add Batman's 9-A calcs to his "Feats" section
2: Change Post-Flashpoint speed to "Massively Hypersonic, possibly Massively Hypersonic+"
3: Add the fifth calc to Batman's page since that's an upgrade to his current calc

Okay, if all of that has been accepted previously, it is probably fine to add then.

Okay, so how many pages do you need to edit, and can you list the exactly worded titles for all of the ones that you need me to unlock please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back