• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Manga: God Tier speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMH,

What is the farthest distance Goku has ever casually teleported... it seems like he is unable to teleport back onto Granolah's planet at a go.

Answer that question as a lowball and as a highball, multiply the number of times Goku had to use IT to get back,​

I don't think across the universe is a literal statement here, it is used to say they travelled in space, but there's no indication that planet Cereal and the dinosaur planet stand at the two edges of the universe.

It indeed is a super long distance, possibly superior to the one between Earth and Beerus's planet, I don't know if that was ever calced, but Gas's little experience with IT might have something to do with it, considering he could Teleport-Hop back like Goku did, despite having a superior form of IT.

I don't think across the universe is a literal statement here, it is used to say they travelled in space, but there's no indication that planet Cereal and the dinosaur planet stand at the two edges of the universe.

It indeed is a super long distance, possibly superior to the one between Earth and Beerus's planet, I don't know if that was ever calced, but Gas's little experience with IT might have something to do with it, considering he could Teleport-Hop back like Goku did, despite having a superior form of IT.
Whis said it was "too far for him to go in one trip", so it should at least scale above Earth-to-King Kai's Planet distance, which is the low end, something Goku can do rather casually.

That's interdimensional travel and can't be calculated through conventional means.
It is likely that hopping from a dimension to another is easier than crossing astronomical material distances.

That's interdimensional travel and can't be calculated through conventional means.
It is likely that hopping from a dimension to another is easier than crossing astronomical material distances.
That's not the case.
Goku went to the Other World to get to New Namek with more ease, because from there, it was closer to New Namek than Earth was. Goku's instant transmission still would have to have him travel the physical space between Earth and the magic seal that separates The Universe from the Other World either way.

Universal distance was rejected before.
"Across the universe" can literally mean anything from one galaxy to another to one planet to the third one over.
Why is the galactic distance rejected then?
I remember something about Vegeta being able to teleport from Yardrat all the way to Earth, is that relevant?

hat's not the case.
Goku went to the Other World to get to New Namek with more ease, because from there, it was closer to New Namek than Earth was. Goku's instant transmission still would have to have him travel the physical space between Earth and the magic seal that separates The Universe from the Other World either way.
There is no mention of King Kai's planet being closer to New Namek.

Goku goes there because he needs to know the direction of where New Namek is which he learns from King Kai.

This still proves there is a physical space between the two, direction would be meaningless for interdimensional travel if the physical space isn't accounted for.

The galactic distance was never rejected, I just struck through it initially because I assumed the universal end was the correct one.
Well, we should use it then. Can I link your calc instead?

That's not the case.
Not really, Goku goes to King Kai to ask for a general direction of new Namek, which is already paradoxical.
But it doesn't take away the fact that the other world and the universe aren't physically connected, you can't travel from one another trough flight alone, they are different realms altogether, it's impossible to determine a distance.

This still proves there is a physical space between the two, direction would be meaningless for interdimensional travel if the physical space isn't accounted for.

Not so. The direction is only needed because Goku needs to lock onto the Ki signature.

EDIT: On second thought, I see what you mean, but I don't think this provies us with any distance value we can use for the calc.

Anyway, I agree with that, now they are even rejecting things that are on the website and in the work? Is this serious?
Because the website doesn't outright state they have travelled from one edge of the universe to the other.
They didn't cross the universe, they travelled across the universe, just like you can't travel across a city without going from the beginning to the end.

The thing about Yardrat being outside of the Galactic Patrol's jurisdiction might hold some weight, but the dots need to be connected carefuly.

Not so. The direction is only needed because Goku needs to lock onto the Ki signature.
Even then, it's literally the afterlife. If it was physically connected to the main universe, all the dead people could just travel back whenever they wanted. (this isn't to go after you, I know what you mean, it's to add more to the overall argument)

The thing about Yardrat being outside of the Galactic Patrol's jurisdiction might hold some weight, but the dots need to be connected carefuly.
Yardrat being outside of the Galaxy seems very unlikely since Goku crash-landed there after Namek blew up.

Not really, Goku goes to King Kai to ask for a general direction of new Namek, which is already paradoxical.
But it doesn't take away the fact that the other world and the universe aren't physically connected, you can't travel from one another trough flight alone, they are different realms altogether, it's impossible to determine a distance.
Except you can?

I remember that there were some statements about the distance between Earth and Namek, but I feel like trying to triangulate Yardrat based on the Galactic Patrol's jurisdiction might be a pointless chase.
And honestly, being outside of the jurisdiction of the patrol might mean anything, not just distance alone. The patrol's control encompasses Earth and seemingly a good other chunk of the universe, including the territories of the Frieza force, which are all very far, to the point that Earth iirc was always referred to as a peripheral world.

Yardrat being outside of the Galaxy seems very unlikely since Goku crash-landed there after Namek blew up.
This is the distance between Earth and Namek.
QjYXOst.png

That's not necessarily physical distance.
For the other world, specifically, given we also have Goku needing physical directions to feel Ki (which does not travel through dimensions if they're below Buu level), should be enough to validate the distance imo

All we know though is that Gas probably wouldn't be able to cover that distance in one teleportation, not that Goku or Vegeta couldn't. Goku took multiple jumps back because he was focusing on the Ki signatures of each of the people he had used to get there to Whis instead of focusing his Ki sensing on someone on Planet Cereal.

That map's not drawn in a reliable scale, Heaven alone is as big as the living universe, while Enma and King Kai's homes are way bigger than they are.

Agreed. No depiction of measurements on it either.

That map's not drawn in a reliable scale, Heaven alone is as big as the living universe, while Enma and King Kai's homes are way bigger than they are.
The size is not relevant to the point, geographical locations have no reason to be inaccurate, as in, if Earth is pointed to be in a particular place in the globe, there is no argument as to why that would be inaccurate or false.
This size counterargument is meaningless.

For the other world, specifically, given we also have Goku needing physical directions to feel Ki (which does not travel through dimensions if they're below Buu level), should be enough to validate the distance imo
No one ever said you can't travel across dimensions while below Buu's level, that is for creating ripples in space through force alone.

But the afterlife is often reffered to as another realm, our whole DB tiering system is already based on this.
But even then, Goku's ship could cross the universe in six days, if the afterlife was really connected no one would have ever needed to be brought back to life, they could have gone there and take 'em back.

All we know though is that Gas probably wouldn't be able to cover that distance in one teleportation, not that Goku or Vegeta couldn't. Goku took multiple jumps back because he was focusing on the Ki signatures of each of the people he had used to get there to Whis instead of focusing his Ki sensing on someone on Planet Cereal.
So, Vegeta who barely learned the move and sucked at using it could teleport to Earth from Yardrat,
this means Gas absolutely could as well. Yardrat's distance is a perfectly usable low end.

I remember that there were some statements about the distance between Earth and Namek, but I feel like trying to triangulate Yardrat based on the Galactic Patrol's jurisdiction might be a pointless chase.
And honestly, being outside of the jurisdiction of the patrol might mean anything, not just distance alone. The patrol's control encompasses Earth and seemingly a good other chunk of the universe, including the territories of the Frieza force, which are all very far, to the point that Earth iirc was always referred to as a peripheral world.
It literally means they are outside of their galaxy lol, and then going across the universe starts to make more sense here, especially when stated by the site also. The whole point is protecting peace in the galaxy. That is the GP range.

No one ever said you can't travel across dimensions while below Buu's level, that is for creating ripples in space through force alone.
The fact Goku's SSJ3 Ki was felt on the Kai's planet was shocking to them. How would Ki from mere Namekians cross a dimensional barrier?
But the afterlife is often reffered to as another realm, our whole DB tiering system is already based on this.
But even then, Goku's ship could cross the universe in six days, if the afterlife was really connected no one would have ever needed to be brought back to life, they could have gone there and take 'em back.
You might disagree with me but this point is silly. You know there are universal rules set by the Gods of the verse who wouldn't let this happen. Even doing something as trivial as visiting the living world for a day is costly.

Also, did you not see when I mentioned there is a magical seal that keeps the Afterlife not accessible to mortals?

By @Nullflowerblush:
"According to Jaco:
According to Jiya:
It is also worth noting that Planet Vegeta is within their jurisdiction, with Vegeta appearing across the universe from Earth in some maps."

These points should prove that Goku had to jump through the entire galaxy (as life and thus Ki is scarce) to get rid of Gas

The size is not relevant to the point, geographical locations have no reason to be inaccurate, as in, if Earth is pointed to be in a particular place in the globe, there is no argument as to why that would be inaccurate or false.
This size counterargument is meaningless.
You might take that as an indication of how far they are. but again, how do you measure were Yardrat is? We don't know how much time it took Goku to reach Yardrat, he used a spacecraft that can cross approximately the entire universe in a year and traveled anytime in the span of 130 days (that's the time they summoned Porunga).

It literally means they are outside of their galaxy lol, and then going across the universe starts to make more sense here, especially when stated by the site also. The whole point is protecting peace in the galaxy. That is the GP range.
The Galactic Patrol clearly doesn't operate within the boundaries of the same galaxy. Jaco was sent to check on earth, but was seen going somewhere after Cereal and the prison was even farther, close to the dinosaur planet allegedly so far from Cereal.
Besides, the notion of jurisdiction is bound by law, not distance. Yardrat might be outside the federation, just like the planets under the Frieza force. Even in the real world works this way.

The fact Goku's SSJ3 Ki was felt on the Kai's planet was shocking to them. How would Ki from mere Namekians cross a dimensional barrier?
I don't see how the things are relevant to each other.
You can sense ki across dimensions, but it takes a real strong ki to physically affect it, and that's a matter of AP.

You might disagree with me but this point is silly. You know there are universal rules set by the Gods of the verse who wouldn't let this happen. Even doing something as trivial as visiting the living world for a day is costly.
That's honestly speculation on your side.

Also, did you not see when I mentioned there is a magical seal that keeps the Afterlife not accessible to mortals?
Show me any actual proof of these spaces being connected, instead of speculation based on teleportation and travels performed by characters who can casually cross different realms.
And while we are at it, you can take a knack at the Dragon Ball tiering that is based on this separation.

You might take that as an indication of how far they are. but again, how do you measure were Yardrat is? We don't know how much time it took Goku to reach Yardrat, he used a spacecraft that can cross approximately the entire universe in a year and traveled anytime in the span of 130 days (that's the time they summoned Porunga).
Damage pointed out it is unlikely for Yardrat to be outside of the galaxy, given Goku land-crashed there from Namek. This implies Damage believes Yardrat and Namek are close to one another. I used the map to refute the notion that, even IF Yardrat was close to Namek, it wouldn't refute the idea that it's outside the Milky Way.
The Galactic Patrol clearly doesn't operate within the boundaries of the same galaxy.
"That's honestly speculation on your side." wasn't it? None of these locations have any reason to be outside the Milky Way.
Besides, the notion of jurisdiction is bound by law, not distance. Yardrat might be outside the federation, just like the planets under the Frieza force. Even in the real world works this way.
Read my message.
They watch over every star in the universe. If Yardrat, which is a planet with LIFE is outside of their jurisdiction, it's due to distance, nothing more could influence this.
I don't see how the things are relevant to each other.
You can sense ki across dimensions, but it takes a real strong ki to physically affect it, and that's a matter of AP.
This still doesn't answer why Goku needed to sense Ki in a particular direction to find things in another dimension.
That's honestly speculation on your side.
What causes Goku to be forced back to the Other World after his time is up? Is it MAGIC?
No. It's not speculation, that's, in the most literal sense, how it is.
Show me any actual proof of these spaces being connected, instead of speculation based on teleportation and travels performed by characters who can casually cross different realms.
And while we are at it, you can take a knack at the Dragon Ball tiering that is based on this separation.
I'd love to, I think Low Multiversal for Dragon Ball is bogus, but I don't have the necessary evidence to refute the current interpretation since they're based around standards of the site.

Damage pointed out it is unlikely for Yardrat to be outside of the galaxy, given Goku land-crashed there from Namek. This implies Damage believes Yardrat and Namek are close to one another. I used the map to refute the notion that, even IF Yardrat was close to Namek, it wouldn't refute the idea that it's outside the Milky Way.

I was mistaken about that. I thought Goku crash-landed there after being propelled by the planet's explosion.

What actually happened was that he got in one of the Ginyu Squad's spaceships and it flew him to Planet Yardrat over an unknown span of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back