• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs. Darth Krayt

To begin with, Darth Krayt in FotJ is implied as capable of supporting the Throne of Balance with Luke Skywalker and the only one who can help him in the fight against Abeloth (link ). During the battle, Luke and Krayt received equal damage (link ), they won with almost identical wounds (link ). Both of them made a big contribution to the victory and everything in the book indicates that Luke and FotJ Krayt have comparable power. Vader at best surpasses DE Luke, but he is not at all close to Prime Luke. Reborn Krayt is much stronger than ever (link ). I am absolutely sure that he is capable of ragdolls Vader.

considering that all his other feats shown him as closer to someone like cade, at his strongest aka post resurection, i ususally ignore his feats agasint abeloth, as they are extremely, heavily contradictory. now, vader at his prime is the second strongest person in the galaxy (should be equal to gethzerion at least; stronger than sedriss, who could give DE luke a fight; stronger than joruus; stronger than old yoda; stronger than obi wan; stronger than exar kun, and was stated to be above DE luke, dooku, anakin at his strongest, and stronger than his ANH self, who was already stronger than the same anakin). that makes him stronger than krayt at that time as well. now, obviously this krayt here is much stronger, but idk by how much. being solidly above cade is pretty good, as cade at his strongest in the comics is stronger than any jedi krayt faced, which makes him stronger than obi wan. albeit, i tihnk the obi wan that krayt faced had been in hiding for a year by then, with no fighting and traning, so idk how good that is. idk about expereince either, but vader 100% has the variety in enemies, so i give it to him. who is more skilled in the force is tough, but vader can move shit without moving at all, while krayt has been traning for 40 years straight, so its tough. as to who has more abilties- vader for sure. the guy knows almost everything than sidious knows, and some other stuff that even sidious doenst know (gotta find where thats said, tho). vader is also stronger, but he is slower by a bit. he is more durable and resistant tho, so a drawn out fight is good for him. skill with a saber- tough choice again. i wanna say even. who is smarter- vader for sure, from what i can tell. so yeah, ususally vader, but by nothing

How is he close to Cade? He absolutely stomps him. The whole fight demonstrates how ludicrously powerful the revived and healed Krayt has become. At the very beginning, the Sith easily throws Cade with telekinesis and holds him, despite the fact that he desperately tries to free himself (link). Then, when we are returned to their duel, Krayt defeats Skywalker in a one-panel lightsaber battle and uses Dark Transfer on him without hindrance, killing him. Krayt many times more powerful than Cade, so much so that their battle almost ended with a one shot (link).

I fully agree with your scaling of Vader, but in no way puts him above Krayt. Before rebirth, Krayt was very weakened by coral seeds, which literally severed his connection with the Force and caused his body to collapse, and for the last seven years he has ignored this problem, which in the end almost killed him. Darth Krayt is not really controversial and at his prime he is really at the level of FotJ Luke and DE Sidious. Ignoring his statements and feats from the Apocalypse would be just silly.

The book right during the battle with Hett notes that Kenobi "had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine," nonetheless, and "had not allowed his reflexes to become dull." Already at that time, A'Sharad was almost equal to RotS Kenobi. After that, Krayt has a tremendous growth in the Force, and I do not understand how you are trying to compare his strongest version with Vader, relying on the fight with Obi-Wan.

It was fortunate for Ben that he had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine, that he had not allowed his reflexes to become dull. He did not think about how long it had been since he had last used his lightsaber in combat. Nor did consider that he was older than Hett by at least a decade, or Hett's considerable skills with his own weapons, and that the Tusken was far more experienced at fighting in the desert. Ben knew that any such thoughts would probably only get him killed.
~ The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi​
I doubt that Vader will have an advantage in knowledge and an arsenal of abilities. Even Darth Wyyrlock III had all the knowledge of the Dark Side, but his knowledge was still inferior to Krayt (who was also aware of the Light Side, as we remember). Such statements have only DE Sidious, who additionally spent several years studying the Force, and this, respectively, does not apply to Vader (link) (link).

I do not see that Vader was a more experienced and skilled lghtsaber duelist. Krayt easily defeated the strongest Sith of his Empire. The victory over Cade was even easier for him. Cade himself has a tremendous amount of exploits and praise, defeated fighters like Darth Talon, Darth Nihl and Darth Stryfe, and also fought against weakened Krayt.

He does, but like i said, his feats are almost 100% on that tier then on the ´┐¢'fighting abeloth' tier. The difference between is really huge..

I don't think it maters, since krafts seeds really only started to affect him in his late 100s, then much earlier on in his possible 60s, which was when Vader was still alive, and still being the second strongest in the galaxy, above that same krayt. But rebirth krayt seems just about the same, if not above Vader by a bit in full on pure power. That's really the only advantage i can give krayt aside from maneuverability and possibly skill with the force, which should be very small in difference.

I'm not too sure, but a few statements contradict that, and one of them is said by kenobi himself. I do know that he got better with the force, but he let his body based skills decay, i believe.

I don't think krayt knew more than wyrlok at all, but i cant be sure of course. Could u check on that, please? Anyhow, Vader spent 20 years learning everything that, or close to, palpatine knew, and he himself knew shit that sheev didn't even know. And Vader, just like krayt, is also a user of the light side, and tbh, I'm pretty sure Vader has more jedi stuff than krayt does (he learned everything kenobi could teach him, plus stuff that he only he had). And just cuz vader doesn't have those statements, doesn't mean they don't apply to him.

He isn't, like i sais lol but the difference in opponents is quite huge. Vader fought almost every single type of force user and non force user u can imagine. Now on to ur point, vader as Anakin, while more agile, didn't actually lose all the skill he had with a blade. He just couldn't some of it off cuz of the suit. Aside from that, he actually just got better. So he is better than Anakin, who is better than dooku, who is comparable to windu, who is an equal in skill to yoda. So yeah, krayt and him are equal at max. And if u wanna talk easy victory, a weaker Anakin could stomp the order's battlemaster and his Palawan at the same time (battle master is the order's best duelist, and its main teacher). Him defeating nihl regularly is his best by far, in krayt case, since he is actually really, really good. But vader has just better stuff, such as fighting obi wan and dooku, then later Luke, who not only copied his style, which was custom style made by Vader himself to handle pretty much any other fighter, but he also mixed to a style made by kenobi to defeat Vader's own style, all the while Vader held back in that fight.

Comparing FotJ Krayt and Reborn Krayt does not create any contradictions. There is nothing that puts the Reborn Krayt below any of his previous versions. You can only refer to Cade, who killed him, but taking into account everything that happened before, it becomes obvious that this is a PIS.

Hett was captured by Vongs later than Vader died. Even at a time when Krayt was impacted by coral seeds, it continued to grow in the Force. First, in captivity, he gives himself completely to the Dark Side (link). After that, Krayt honed his skills for a long time and became stronger, regardless of the coral seeds. At that moment, he actually became the most powerful sieve of the Legacy era, so he is above Darth Caedus, Sarasu Taalon, Darish Vol, Dyarth Wyyrlock III and so on. And each of the listed Sith would probably defeat Vader (link). One has only to note that it was in the comic book that the problem with coral seeds became the most acute, and Krayt was on the verge of death in the middle of the plot, which was repeatedly said. Even a short duel with early Cade forced him to plunge into stasis. This Krayt is most likely weaker than Vader, but FotJ Krayt and Reborn Krayt are far superior to him. Reborn Krayt => FotJ Luke = FotJ Krayt >>> Vader. Even just such a great superiority in the Force can solve this battle.

The battle of Hett and Obi-Wan takes place only two years after the Revenge of the Sith. I know about the alleged deterioration of Ben Kenobi's skills, but this Obi-Wan, by his own admission in the same text, is still at the same level as in RotS. However, this is not so important. If we compare Jedi A'Sharad with Vader, then the first, of course, will suffer a crushing defeat.

I have already presented evidence that the knowledge of Krayt is superior to that of Wyyrlock. Now I have found another quote that fixes this (link). I do not see any abilities that Vader knows would have a major impact on the battle. We know that DE Sidious studied the Force for about six years and achieved the most complete knowledge of it, and this happened after the death of Vader. The updated knowledge of Palpatine does not apply to Vader. Not to mention that in the NJO era, new abilities of the Force were created. Anakin may know more about the Light Side, but Wyyrlock, Krayt, and DE Sidious have more knowledge of the Dark Side.

Hett long before his prime is almost equal to Kenobi, as a duelist. In a very weakened state, he stomps imperial knights, noted as some of the most talented and skillful fighters in the Galaxy (knights have the same fighting styles as the Jedi, as well as two unique). Antares Draco was the best of them and defeated many Sith, but was crushed by Darth Havok, a subordinate of Darth Maladi. Nihl and Talon are the greatest swordsmen of the Order after Krayt and Wyyrlock. All of these individuals are significantly inferior to Prime Cade, who is many times less masterful fighter than Reborn Krayt. Wyyrlock performed better than Cade, but it was still destroyed. Krayt had no problems stomping the greatest duelists of his time. He also defeated hundreds of Jedi and Sith, who are unknown, but this nevertheless indicates the great fighting experience of the leader of the One Sith. He is clearly not inferior to Vader, as a pure swordsman, but I recognize that Vader is also a very skillful duelist, and in general they are close in skill.

As a result, I would say that the fight on the lightsabers between them would be very difficult, and both of them have chances to win. Overall, Krayt is too powerful for Vader.

i can actually also compare the fact that wyrlok's TP worked on him, and the fact that he slightly struggled to defeat him. this means that he by no means as strong as he previously shown to be. and tbh, cade's force killing thing works by him forcing the spots that he sees as weak spots to break or something like, meaning he actually overpowered krayt's defences to do that (he had to literally use the force to kill krayt, and not just some random hax ability. this means that krayt couldve forced it back, since he knew the same power). so as far as showins go, this krayt is nothing compared to the abeloth krayt imo.

he is only said to be strongest dakrsider by the time that all those people u mentioned died, aside from wyorlok, of course. and the only person that he is prolly stronger than, in that list, is caedus, who tbh, did nothing side from showin immense speed by fighting luke. saraus moved so fast luke thought it was teleportation. much above anything krayt ever did. and i dont doubt that the krayt that abeloth foguht against would beat vader- i just doubt that reborn krayt would. now, is reborn krayt prolly stronger in the force than vader usually is? yeah, most likely. i do think that enraged vader is above reborn krayt tho (overpowering rotj sids's lightning is much better than anything krayt did tbh. punching through an unsuspecting abeloth is nice, but as we know, even the strongest force users have normal bodies, when not paying attetion, and can easily be taken out by punches and kicks, so i dont think i need to mention force enhanced hypersonic punches that are as hard as steel).

im pretty sure we agree then that vader and krayt are equals in saber? cuz i dont wanna go over this again lol

im quite sure wyrlock is said to be the knowledgeable sith at that time, which puts him above krayt as well. makes sense, since his job is literally to do that lol. now as for vader, i never said that vader is that good, but i said he knew almost everything that sidious, and even knew some stuff that even sidious didnt know, meaning that he might have something in his arsenal that could be surprise. idk what that would be, but i know its something hahaha but actually, one good thing vader has is battle meditation. if u want proof that he has it, just ask. this can actually turn the battle for him, if u really think that krayt is that much stronger. vader is also imune to drain. the only thing i see krayt using agasint him effectively is his weakness spotting thingy. as for new abilties being created, krayts empire (meaning all of his sith) have yet to show something new or out of the ordinary. everything that krayt has, vader either has it, or he can counter it tbh. and yup, i found it. i found two statements saying that wyrlok is unmatched in knowledge of the force. just check this respect thread here https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/darth-wyyrlok-iii-respect-thread-1675001/ tis pretty geud.

back to sabers, i dont think i need to mention the fact that vader has no real good dueling feats, right? the one good is beating the dark women, being above anybody in the galaxy by his time, and matching rotj luke while holding back. as anakin, his feats are much, much, much better.

i dont doubt that krayt may be more powerful, but not enough to leave vader in the dust like that. if we unclude pissed vader feats from rotj, he can match krayt in power, or least hold his own. vader is much more durable too, so i think he can last longer than usual. like i said, it can really go either way

@darthsorox forget what I said about cade using shatter point on Krayt. Mixed it up with what Krayt did to Cade instead. Lol I totally forgot how stupid his death was LMAO

Not certainly in that way. The whole fight was quite one-sided. Krayt has shown its superiority in the use of lightning and telekinesis. After that, he defeats him in a lightsaber duel for one page. Krayt withstands Memory Walk, and Wyyrlock himself falls into his trap. This is remarkable because Wyyrlock was well aware of all the weaknesses of Krayt and had the advantage.

https://imgur.com/a/lOlzIfM

In addition, I do not quite understand your logic. Is there something that will discredit Wyyrlock in relation to FotJ Krayt? Wyyrlock was able to give battle to Krayt, not because Krayt is weak, but because Wyyrlock is strong enough for this. I see no reason to assume otherwise. Reborn Krayt is completely cured of coral seeds and should be at least slightly stronger than in FotJ. Reborn Krayt is weaker than FotJ Krayt because it did not show the same feats? Very far-fetched, because we still have not revealed anything that would indicate that he really cannot repeat this, and even more so given the fact that he scales above himself in FotJ.

You did not understand the quote. She directly indicates that Krayt is the strongest Sith of the Legacy era. Era, not series. All the Siths listed by me fall under this quote and are canonically inferior to Krayt.

https://imgur.com/a/VGoAX

Caedus scales over all the Jedi of the New Order except Luke. This might already be enough to say that he is above Vader. The Post-Pool Taalon became a Force user near the Luke level, as well as Krayt, and is probably the most powerful of the listed ones. FTE arguments in the Star Wars universe are mostly crap, however. Darish Vol was able to injure Abelot in battle and was close to Luke in raw power. I have already said, Reborn Krayt is above FotJ Krayt, it's just a fact. There are no inconsistencies in the feats, Reborn Krayt => FotJ Krayt >>> Vader.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
overpowering rotj sids's lightning is much better than anything krayt did tbh.
What?

Yes, they are on the same level as fencers. We could discuss this issue later if you wish. You might also mention that Vader easily surpassed the Starkiller clone, i find it very impressive.

I am aware of Wyyrlock and myself provided quotes about his knowledge of the Force. I also showed a quotation according to which only Krayt competed with his knowledge. They are anyway on the same level in this regard. It inspires more than what Vader has.

https://i.imgur.com/XDuro5v.png

I do not remember a single case in which combat meditation could change the course of the battle between two fighters and generally be used in open battle. Correct if I'm wrong. Vader has resistance to drain, not immunity. Dark Transfer and lightning will still be effective against Vader (please note, I'm not saying that Vader is weak to lightning, these lightnings would be too powerful). In the end, Krayt can just ragdolls Vader. A fairer match would be Legacy #1 Krayt vs Vader.

Okay, before i make any arguments im just going to point out that Krayt can literally just make Vader explode by looking at him, rupturing his shatterpoints, and using Dark Transfer in conjunction to rip open all the wounds Vader has ever received

Since the general consensus for u both is that krayt is that much more powerful, there doesn't seem to be much for me to do here, so I'll counter what I can at least. Krayt struggling a slight bit is actually why I mostly think he can't be as strong as fotj as we know for a fact that wyrlok is weaker than krayt even I his weakest state, who was just barely above Cade. This puts wyrlok at more or less rots kenobi lvls (his saying Cade is the strongest Jedi he fought and knows is pretty vague and weird. That could potentially mean that Cade is stronger than Luke, and of we go by the Jedi he only fought against, him being stronger than kenobi is also weird, as kenobi barely fought krayt seriously for more than a few seconds and didn't use the force at all against him, so krayt doesn't even knows how strong kenobi really is). So no, it's not that wyrlok is stronger than we thought. Why battle meditation? Well, someone at Leia's lvl, I believe, used it on de sidious effectively iirc, meaning that it could potentially even things out power wise in this battle. If he could it that easily, weekly, he would've done it to Cade from the start. He had to get closer.

I just found out that there are 17 different statements that put anakin on rots at Yoda's lvl, but we still have him at 5b. Come on now people

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay, before i make any arguments im just going to point out that Krayt can literally just make Vader explode by looking at him, rupturing his shatterpoints, and using Dark Transfer in conjunction to rip open all the wounds Vader has ever received
Who the **** is this Guy and why haven't I made a match with him yet....?

WeeklyBattles said:
Could you post them?
Yeah. I'll try to do so tomorrow. And there are 4 statements that say he is the second strongest in the galaxy even by the time of ANH. one of them is in shadows of the empire, one is in insider 65 (whatever that is,i really don't know lol), one is in adventures magazine 4, and the last one is in the death star book, I believe Oh there is another statement that says that while Vader is not strong enough to succeed sidious (meaning that he wasn't stronger than him, as we know), he had been fully strong enough to kill him at least. This is said by sidious himself in the Jedi Vs sith guide thingy

We do not know how strong Krayt is in the weakest form in relation to Cade. Back in the beginning of the series, they had a fight where Krayt really wasn't much stronger, but clearly dominated and eventually won. After this, Cade develops and becomes more powerful in the Force. Krayt, on the contrary, continued to degrade and at a later moment (issue 30~) was at the limit and was almost dead.

https://imgur.com/a/52MiW3g

Cade then again showed a big growth in power. In the final of the story, he ridiculously stomps Darth Talon, who could have challenged him in issue 31. And Wyyrlock is much stronger than Cade, based on the fight with Reborn Krayt. In normal condition, Krayt is undoubtedly the strongest Sith of the Order, but there is no point in believing that he was such at any time when we have these facts.

In general, the simplest and most convincing proof that the Reborn Krayt is more powerful than FotJ Krayt is that he completely got rid of the coral seeds and his strength no longer holds back anything.

What kind of nonsense? Assuming that Wyyrlock is weaker than the worst version of Vong-Krayt, you put it at best at the Kenobi level. Why is Kenobi here and where do such conclusions come from? Krayt did not fight with Luke Skywalker, it is unlikely this quote at all somehow concerns him. Obi-Wan struggled with Hett enough time to be able to conclude that they were on the same level. In this fight, he was even particularly strongly motivated. The force was used by him, but he could only push Hett away, forcing him to lose his balance.

But in the end, Ben knew he wasn't fighting for his own life. He was fighting for Luke's.
Quickly raising his left hand, Ben used the Force to push out at Hett, shoving him back through the air as Ben's lightsaber swept up and through Hett's right arm. Hett shouted as his arm fell away from his body. As Hett stumbled back, Ben used the Force to tear Hett's other lightsaber from his left hand's grip. Both of Hett's lightsabers deactivated as they sailed past Ben and landed in the sand behind him.
~ The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi​
As for Leia, are you talking about the Palpatine case? If yes, then everything is correct, she did not use meditation in battle, but only supported Luke. Also, how often was it used by Vader? Why didn't he do this in a duel with Luke, Galen, or Obi-Wan? Instead of showing how Vader does it, you refer to Leia's example, but ask me to show how Krayt does it in open battle, while the ability to use this ability in combat conditions has not even been proven.

i came to the conclusion that krayt mightve performed as badly as he did cuz of the sudden aquirement of a brand new body with brand new powers in no time. i already said he is stronger than vader, so idk why u are getting so heated up my dude. i just think its weird that someone at his lvl acted the way he did agasint his opponents. and no way wyrlok is much more powerful than cade. if we go by the comics, he compares cade to obi wan, which is why i used him, in power, even though thats not very reliable since the comics themselves show that obi wan literally blasted his arm off with a casual force push. had that been his head or torse, krayt wouldve 100% died. he fared as well agasint obi wan in sabers cuz of the sand, and the duel wielding. and even the attacks that hett did hit obi wan with made no damage whatsoever to him, per the comics. they are comparable, but not as much as u say. this is more like obi wan in mustafar vs anakin, tbh. obi wan is 100% a tier above, but that doenst make krayt some sort of weakling. to finish my point, obi wan's first use of the force in that battle was enough to semi one shot krayt. could he have killed obi wan? 100%. doesnt make them semi equals tho.

wait, so did she or did she not use BM against sidious then? im confused lol. anyhow, i looked it up to be sure, and im mixed up battle meditation with battle mind. they are quite different, but battle mediation is just much better. battle mind just makes u mentaly stronger (puts u at the best of ur mental abilities, or somethng like that), but doenst seem to amp ur overall power that much. and i dont remember asking u anything, but ok..? i think u are confusing what i said to weekly. i said that his shatter point power (dark transfer, i think) isnt a insta one shot, especially at distance. other wise he wouldve comatozed cade instantly.

I think the discussion can be considered over. But, in fairness, Kenobi never stomped Hett in the Force. In the comic, we cannot clearly discern this moment, but the novel explains that Obi-Wan was only slightly able to push A'Sharad and cut off his hand with his lightsaber. The passage was presented by me in the last message.

idk if i told u guys this, but i found a statement that says that vader's suit also made him faster and more mobile than ever before... .which is hella contradictory. i wish those guys just stuck to one story lmao

I indicated the source of the quote. Vader's speed argument does not seem unviable to me, tbh. Considering that even 18 BBY Vader was moving faster than Kenobi, and that GL himself explained his slowness in the film by the weight of the suit. He was also faster than Starkiller in TFU II, which is better than the original Galen, which was faster than Vader a year ago.

@darthsorox i mean his agility. i found something that said he was also more agile, which, well, wrong. the speed and strength is true, but not the agility part

Back