• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Darth Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my first Star Wars fight thread, who wins between the Chosen One and the Sith Lord that incorporated the Rule of two?

Darth Vader
Darth Bane Pic 2

Seems like they're fairly equal in stats, except with Vader being a bit stronger without force amp. Though, I think Bane has more potent techniques...?

yeah, I think Bane might have this, also, out of curiosity, was Bane really able to move Planets? I've seen all 7 Movies, and finished the first season of the Clone Wars, but haven't read any of the books

DBZMLP12345 said:
yeah, I think Bane might have this, also, out of curiosity, was Bane really able to move Planets? I've seen all 7 Movies, and finished the first season of the Clone Wars, but haven't read any of the books
Not sure on that but i'd say his best feat was defeating multiple battle meditated jedi while in his orbalisk armor simultaneously

No, nothing Bane has done would insinuate at such power. His most prodigious telekinetic feat is crumbling the temple on Lehon,which stood at its apex at twenty meters.

Alright, here's my opinion on the fight.

As Darth Bane is going into this fight with his Orbalisk Armor with him, I personally believe that Bane will win this fight, granted it will be high diff, Force Lightning used by strong Force Users, notably Galen Marek/Starkiller have caused Vader's suit to either shortcircuit momentarily or disable it with higher levels of Lightning (Palpatine), and Bane's lightning will be able to get the job done, he's studied the craft of the Force to near perfection, unlike Vader, who was limited by his lack of human tissue, which prevented the Force from properly flowing through his body, and with Bane having his Orbalisk Armor, Bane will be able to take a solid strike from Vader without going down immediately.

Vader and Bane are both Form V: Djem So masters, which means their lightsaber styles are basically brute force vs. brute force, however while Bane was also familiar with Form III: Soresu, the all defensive form, Vader incorpoated aspects from all seven forms of lightsaber combat, basically making his own style, built on the backbone of Djem So.

It'll be a good fight, a fight till the last breath, but I ultimately see Bane winning.

Oh boy, this is gonna be long.

Addressing each facet point by point, Bane's most prodigious telekinetic feat is crumbling the temple on Lehon, which stood at an apex of twenty meters( a feat which I have already mentioned).Vader has demonstrated similar power, having seemingly collapsed a building on himself and toppled an immense tree on the Dark Woman (the latter of which feats cost him no strain). The former example occurred in Vader's early career Post-Mustafar, and we know for a fact, based on what the RotJ novelization states, that Vader never reached the pinnacle of his ability and potency until then. As an added point in Vader's favor, he has demonstrated Lightsaber Throw on multiple occasions, while Bane never has, to my recollection. It should be within the scope of Bane's ability to do so when taking into consideration his level of power and control, but he has never done so in the past. So the odds of his doing so here is unlikely. Now, as Vader and Bane both possess a natural Force aura, their telekinetic attacks against one another will be blunted in a straight duel, but this hardly renders TK useless. Bane managed to withstand the burst that Zannah sent toward him, but he still lacks Vader's resistance to and tolerance for damage, which grants Vader an advantage.

For powers such as Deflection, Absorption, and Barrier, this is harder. Vader is more evidently adept with Force Deflection as he repeatedly and very casually deflects hails of blaster bolts with the Force. The only occasion in which Bane manifested Force Deflection was in Freedon Nadd's tomb in order to block an orbalisk from jumping on him, which, honestly, is not a very impressive use of it. Force Absorption is more clearly a strength for Bane, as he managed to absorb the explosions of two concussion grenades, while Vader at best has drawn in blaster bolts. Force Shield is harder to determine though, as the only instances I am aware of where Vader has shown this ability were Pre-Mustafar, and they were more to block an enemy rather than an attack. Bane's utilization of Barrier is similarly ambiguous, as the only times I can think of where he uses it, his Barrier is broken or fails to defend him totally. As to how that plays a role for the purposes of this thread, Absorption should be largely irrelevant since I doubt either Vader or Bane could absorb the blade of a lightsaber, and Barrier would probably be out of the question due to the unexceptional appropriations of it by the two. On the other hand, Deflection potentially could be useful to Vader. I have never seen him redirect a lightsaber stroke with Deflection before, as he never seems to bring it to bear in the middle of duel, but it is possible, given his feats. At the very least, it would be of more plausible use than Absorption or Barrier. Bane does have Lightning, which Vader lacks of course, but there are stipulations to its effectiveness here. For one, Vader could just stop the bolts with his lightsaber. For another, were the Lightning strikes to connect, he may very well be able to withstand a blast or two of it. Bane's Lightning, at best, has been used to char people. While this is noteworthy, it would hardly overwhelm a foe resilient enough to tank explosions and the like. To Vader's credit, he has withstood an electrical discharge from a net and subsequently broke the net. So while electricity, and by extension electricity-based Force powers, can short out his life support systems, the efficiency by which this can be accomplished is suspect, and although I do believe Bane could do this, I don't believe he could do so instantly.

Now to covering Bane's use of Force Drain and Essence Transfer... When Bane employed a variation of Drain at Andeddu's Temple, he had to amalgamate his own Force energies with those residing in the temple itself, because without doing so he would have exhausted himself in the process. So whether he can exercise this application of the Force under his own power is vague. Moreover, even if Bane could use Drain in a fight, Vader is immune to the effects of life draining regardless because of the technique Ulic's hologram/ghost taught him during the Dark Reaper incident in the Clone Wars. So that tactic is invalid. Pertaining to Essence Transfer, when Bane finally did attempt this in his duel with Zannah, she was on the ground, briefly incapacitated as he was, and he was holding her arm. So what the parameters are regarding the distance of the transition of his spirit are unclear, as it was never tested at a distance, and it may only be useful for a person within arm's reach. More to the point, he had to enact a ritual in his mind/the Force and then speak an invocation to complete the use of Spirit Transference. Since Zannah was on the ground, he had ample time to do this. In a duel with Vader, unless Vader is weakened and down temporarily, I see no reason why this would be effectual seeing as Vader would never allow him time to perform the ritual before killing him. And assuming hypothetically that Bane did somehow project his Essence, I find it very unlikely that he could possess Vader. Bane failed to possess Zannah, and Vader's will should be at least the rival of hers.

On physical stats, the two are a match in some aspects and very different in others. Vader has a definite durability edge. Not much else to say on that, as that point should be pretty much axiomatic. Speed is difficult, because Vader has very few objective speed feats unto himself. We can generally ascertain an idea of his speed based on the enemies he faces, such as Rebellion era Luke, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, or the countless Jedi he fights, all of whom are very fast, and the first two in particular have comparable in speed with Bane. It is worth mentioning that Force sensitives don't have to be perfectly equal with one another in combat speed in order to fight one another, since skill and Force senses also play a role in the matter, and as such, Vader may not be a complete parallel to his opponents in speed just because he fought them. With that said, even if Vader is slower than Bane in fighting speed, because he is not required to be altogether even with Bane in speed, he could still fight him anyway (I doubt Vader is slower at all though). For the few speed feats Vader does have unto himself, he has produced afterimages of his blade a few times in comics during duels (the ANH and RotJ comic adaptions come to mind). In respects to running speed, Bane should be obviously faster. He can run fast enough to appear as a blur to regular people; while this may not help him against Vader since Vader is significantly faster than ordinary people, it is a superiority Bane has regardless. In strength, I would favor Vader but marginally. Both have shown strength feats such as tearing steel doors off their hinges and throwing them (although I believe Vader did this with one hand while Bane did with two), but Vader has also ripped nets, broken steel restraints, destroyed a column he was tied to, and casually lifted/thrown people. And as Bane and Vader are both Djem So practitioners, physical strength is a huge factor in their fighting style.

Code:
@Shadow has already mentioned both combatants lightsaber forms so I will instead mention their dueling feats.
In dueling feats, Bane never impressed me much to be honest, primarily because he just never won duels by skill but instead through circumstantial factors or a Force attack, as was the case with Kas'im and the Jedi he and Zannah fought in Belia Darzu's temple. In the former, Bane lost and killed Kas'im by destroying the temple on Lehon, and in the latter, he had the orbalisks, which rendered him immune to lightsaber blows and amped his speed and strength, and was aided by Zannah, who killed one of the Jedi from behind granting Bane a distraction to be exploited. Bane did fight as a rough equal with Zannah, but she is largely featless herself in this way, aside from beating Set Harth. As for Vader, he has defeated Celeste Morne, the Dark Woman, Roan Shryne, the six/seven Jedi who accompanied Olee Starstone, Bol Chatak, and numerous others (many of the names of whom are just not worth remembering). Vader did also fight as an equal with Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Luke. To be fair, Vader's lightsaber skill is more well documented than Bane's is, but considering the portrayals of Bane's lightsaber prowess that we do have, I have to conclude a skill supremacy would be on Vader's side. I think Bane could certainly give him a close duel, but Vader just has better feats. I would say that the two are evenly matched for the most part, but lightsaber combat does take a precedence as far as the importance of each factor. I would give Vader a 6/10 majority. If Bane has his armor, then I would favor him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back