• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader (Star Wars) vs Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)

Pretty self explanatory. Both High 6-A I dont think this will be added, but I am curious to hear your guys thoughts. Speed is equalized.

Edit: Forgot to add that this episode 5 vader, before he surpassed his own peak in power.

^ Empire Strikes Back Vader is pretty much in or close to his prime.

Anyway, I give Vader the win here. Not only is he slightly superior to Anakin in terms of raw power at this point, he's also vastly more skilled when it comes to control & precision and tactically brilliant applications of TK in mid-combat. His lightsaber style is more developed and overall far more versatile and deadly than end of Clone Wars Anakin's. He also has Dun Moch with which he can mess with Anakin mentally. The only advantage Anakin has here is in mobility and that is in no way saving him against Vader.

Also wanna add Vader uses a more passive form of Djem So.

Anakin was immensely aggresive with his.

Vader: 1

Anakin: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I vote Vader. He is older and therefore far more experienced, Anakin still has a moral codex while Vader is far more ruthless, Sith doesnt limit their force powers like Jedi and Vader is canonically stronger than Vader.

KinkiestSins said:
Also wanna add Vader uses a more passive form of Djem So.
It's not a "passive" form of Djem So but more of a hybrid lightsaber combat style with Djem So forming the back bone. He includes elements of Shii-Cho, Makashi, Juyo, even some moves specific to Niman. I would also like to add that Legends Vader became proficient in Soresu. Soresu plus physical strength greater than Kenobi's means Anakin is absolutely not getting past Vader's defences in lightsaber combat.

Vader, although Everlasting, it's worth noting that there are also sources that state Anakin was stronger than Vader ("shadow of his former self" from none other than Palpatine, among a few others).

Anakin has more raw power when he's on a good day, but Vader generally has better feats with stuff like TK, similar to Dooku. He's also a tactical genius more so than Anakin, along with a more balanced and developed fighting style. And both use strength as their main attribute when lightsaber dueling, and Vader is > Anakin physically aside from speed.

For these reasons and more, I vote Vader 7/10

This thread is almost a month old.

Also,

"Lord Vader did not mind waiting, though, nor was even aware of it. For it was an honor, and a noble activity, to kneel at his ruler's feet. He kept his eyes inward, seeking reflection in his own bottomless core. His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor. He felt engorged with this power, it surged like black fire, demon electrons looking for ground… but he would wait. For his Emperor was not ready; and his son was not ready, and the time was not yet. So he waited."

I think when Palpatine is talking about Vader as a shadow of his former self, he's talking about wasted potential and what could have been.

Back