• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Souls Tier 4 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my suggestions.

• Ashen One, Gael, and Soul of Cinder remain as they are, though bumping them down to "At least 4-C, likely High 4-C" would be favorable- I doubt 4-B's legitimacy.
  • Nito and Izalith become 4-C
  • Four Kings and Seath all gain "possibly 4-C" for bearing a fragment of Gwyn's Soul.
  • Manus gains "likely 4-C" via backscaling from Nashandra.
I was iffy on the following being shoehorned in: Midir scaling to Gael or any Lord of Cinder. I don't think this is usable, given that while the two are fought one after the other, Midir has very little in-game lore to support this. Midir's entire in-game lore shtick is that he's been absorbing the Darkness that was attempting to consume the Ringed City for countless millennia. This doesn't inherently make him comparable to a Lord of Cinder, and we generally don't care about when the boss is fought.

So as far as I know, my suggested edits are all. I'm willing to put them through if you like, was just busy today.

I would say in addition, given that we don't know how major that portion of his soul was. It's safe to assume that it was significant indeed but we can't make an exact guess.

Will say again since it seems the profiles don't reflect this: Seathe and Four Kings should keep their Tier 6 ratings, and simply have "possibly 4-C" added on.

...Seath?

Because of the crystal. The one that makes him immortal. That you need to destroy to kill him.

Witch?

Probably because of the bug-things inside the Bed of Chaos that need to be destroyed to silence the thing.

...Seath?

Because of the crystal. The one that makes him immortal. That you need to destroy to kill him.

Witch?

Probably because of the bug-things inside the Bed of Chaos that need to be destroyed to silence the thing.
eh bed of chaos is the bug
seath eh yeah sure but it should be a foot note that his immortality is tied to the crystal

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Well, the revisions that Bambu thinks are appropriate, or do I misremember?

Okay. That is good. So what is left to do here?

I am in agreement with Apies. The Bed of Chaos is the great big tree thing, the various bugs are letting it continue functioning. They aren't necessarily the witch herself, I suspect the bugs are her daughters and the Bed is the Witch. But in either case, the Bed relies on them to remain active. Type 8 Immortality.

We might need a Pre-Bed of Chaos key for Izalith.

I don't see why. Bed of Chaos still contains her Lord Soul, e.g., the thing that makes her comparable to an LoC.

She doesn't have creation or corruption Pre-Bed of Chaos tho. Also, she's not immobile.

In hindsight, I think I'll do this as a separate CRT.

it would work if destroying the bug wouldn't flat out kill the bed of chaos
that like saying oh yeah a vampire has type 8 since you have to destroy its heart to kill it

That isn't the only way to kill a vampire though? If it were then, yes, that's exactly how it would end up?

Lemme try to clear this up.

You are saying this isn't Type 8 Immortality.

"Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists."

This is what Type 8 is defined as. So, quite simply, can you, in any way, kill the Bed of Chaos without destroying the bugs?

well its heavily impled that the bug is the bed of choas but **** it the type 8 is bearly even aplicable in any fight since destroying the bug inside the bed of chaos instanly kills it
i conceed

I think Bambu is referring to the two things you have to destroy before killing Bed of Chaos.

Well, if you reached a conclusion, the results also need to be applied.

I think it can be, unless Soul has some reason for bumping it.

Also just gonna plug my own thread here. Now that we got this and the tier revisions finished, hopefully I can get it reopened soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back