• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Dragon Upgrade/ Possible Giygas, Ness, and Pokey upgrade

I can see this changing Dark Dragon from Universe+ to Multi-Universal to an unknown extent, and possibly buffing Giygas to Universe+ or the lower end of multi-universal, but I don't see it affecting Ness and Pokey, who while they themselves proved universal, weren't beyond that, as they were still absolute garbage tier next to Giygas, so backwards scaling is doubtful to work, in that case.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Ness beat Giygas though, didn't he? I know Paula's prayer helped, but I'm not entirely sure. It's been a while.
No. Ness and co. were pretty much entirely powerless against Giygas, and couldn't even really grasp everything Giygas was doing in the fight. It was direct intervention from the player and Paula's Prayer that weakened Giygas, causing his emotions to return and his essence to dissipate.

The Player is...difficult to quantify. As for Paula, I doubt it, as it's not really her power, but the power and emotion of the Player.

The Everlasting said:
Is there a TD;DR version of that thread?
Dark Dragon is >>>> basic universal characters

Dark Dragon has the ability to affect an unknown, but multiple, amount of universes

Dark Dragon affects space-time and not just 3-D things such as matter/energy

This likely boosts Giygas from "At least Universal" to "At least Universal+, possibly Multi-Universal"

Makes sense. Considering giygas also exists in another dimension but also affects the ness' universes' future.

Even timeline crossing in a way.

Question about pokey upgrade though.

Should his tier be based on his machines? while he himself is useless with out them?

In mother 2 (Earth bound) at the final battle he has his time/dimension traveling machine. which allows him to even endure ness' and poo's ultimate PSI's.

In mother 3, because of his time traveling he's a cross between old and young and seemingly sick and dieing but he can't "die" but he's still the same but strong via his spider bot.

I only think his durability should go up and not his potency in terms of attack. Though he can screw around with time it seems,

IDK i think i'm just babbling like an idiot now.

Back