• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs Frisk

I’m surprised this wasn’t done before

Rules:
Speed Equal
Both are 9-B (Early Game Ness vs Minimally Determined Frisk)
Ness can’t use fate and probability hax
Starting Distance is 10 meters
Both have optional equipment

Okay (0)

Verse with totally consistent tiers
(2: Quibster, King_Dom470, LeoEpicGamer8910)

Both join up against Giygas (0)

Last edited:
Doesn’t Frisk one-shot? Is Ness’ Fate/Probability hax restricted here?
Frisk is 0.0016 Tons while Ness is 0.000029472 Tons, so yea. I forgot to restrict that, I probably should

Ness should be able to stall Frisk with Paralysis and Sleep, so at least it isn’t a total stomp

Ness is much more cunning than Frisk by leaps and bounds, and debatably has more survivability than Frisk via consumables and PSI.

The two also have access to consumable items, with Frisk's being much more limited, yet more potent (the pie and cup noodles being able to heal Frisk to full in an instant). It should be noted that Ness can hold more items than Frisk as well.

However there's the glaring fact that Frisk has an AP advantage and his determination can lean the fight in his favor. Yet Ness arguably has the utility to deal with these advantages by stacking PSI Shield, and regaining HP and PP with Lucky Sandwiches. This fight is looking like a resource grinder until one caves first, or Frisk just one-shots anyways.

As it stands, Frisk seems than capable of mortally wounding Ness, whereas Ness is able to replenish himself even after incurring such injuries that would outright kill him. The way I see it, Ness also has an edge with incapacitating Frisk, but how his determination will fall into play in those instances makes it nebulous to determine who comes out victorious.

My vote goes to Frisk for now!

Last edited:
Ness is much more cunning than Frisk by leaps and bounds, and debatably has more survivability than Frisk via consumables and PSI.

The two also have access to consumable items, with Frisk's being much more limited, yet more potent (the pie and cup noodles being able to heal Frisk to full in an instant). It should be noted that Ness can hold more items than Frisk as well.

However there's the glaring fact that Frisk has an AP advantage and his determination can lean the fight in his favor. Yet Ness arguably has the utility to deal with these advantages by stacking PSI Shield, and regaining HP and PP with Lucky Sandwiches. This fight is looking like a resource grinder until one caves first, or Frisk just one-shots anyways.

As it stands, Frisk seems than capable of mortally wounding Ness, whereas Ness is able to replenish himself even after incurring such injuries that would outright kill him. The way I see it, Ness also has an edge with incapacitating Frisk, but how his determination will fall into play in those instances makes it nebulous to determine who comes out victorious.

My vote goes to Frisk for now!
Counted

Just to give my own input, Ness definitely has a severe AP disadvantage and I doubt he’ll come close to killing or knocking Frisk out (excluding the use of PK Flash). I don’t think Determination is going to help Frisk in this situation. This is weak as Frisk gets with this and it’s main use is to prevent death out of sheer will. Right now I definitely see Ness just flat out incapacitating Frisk. Not to mention, Frisk has not met another mobile opponent before (as of this point, sorry funny bone man). Ness can definitely outmaneuver Frisk, as he’s a physical based character who’s used to wacking things without mobility. He also has far superior skill, taking out 5 police officers, while Frisk lacks H2H experience.

Ness can definitely outmaneuver Frisk, as he’s a physical based character who’s used to wacking things without mobility. He also has far superior skill, taking out 5 police officers, while Frisk lacks H2H experience.
Ness is way more experienced in terms of athleticism by default. His mobility is increased via Skip Sandwiches a well. It should also be noted that he defeated Frank Fly, a gang boss of the Sharks in the early game (Pre First Sanctuary). Not even the Onett Police force could take Frank Fly down, yet this child did it in an afternoon with brute force and an inventory of burgers.

Ness should have more experience, but that wont compensate for the AP difference.

Tangentially related; Frisk has also never fought against another human either. Not that it really matters though.

Last edited:
Ness also doesn't obtain PK Flash until mid-game. There's a lot Ness is restricted from in this key if we're going by progression in his game.

Otherwise if he has access to everything his optional equipment lists, Ness stomps via Bag of Dragonite.

Ness also doesn't obtain PK Flash until mid-game. There's a lot Ness is restricted from in this key if we're going by progression in his game.

Otherwise if he has access to everything his optional equipment lists, Ness stomps via Bag of Dragonite.
Oh, right.

I don’t think he has access to that Early game

So wait, what are Frisk’s wincons here aside from AP? From what it looks like, Ness easily counters Frisk with maneuverability, combat skill, and PK powers. Determination is obsolete unless Frisk gets killed, which is probably not gonna happen. I don’t think Frisk has anything against Ness otherwise

Back