• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Argosax wasn't ever accepted at universal mindhax to begin with, so there's no need for a CRT. Universal mindhax is made impossible by the very cosmology of the verse since the only inhabited planet on DMC lore is Earth.

And no, Beryl never states Mundus conquered multiple planets.

Schnee One said:
Luke's mindhax is absolutely his first move, even in the movies when he mastered it he used it to mindhax Jabba.

There are multiple showings in the legends continuity that reinforce this as well

Lephyr can tell you more if you wish

Anyway, I'm going to be going out to dinner for a few hours.
Nah, I believe you, Schnee

Going with Luke by Schnee's reasons

Considering the amount of windows the dude has and the fact that if both were bloodlusted Dante would win makes it a descisive victory IMO

I'm gonna have to go with Dante here, a solar system level character mindraping a universal is just NLF in my book, even if we don't wanna say that Argosax's mind manip is superior due to his ridiculous superiority in ap I still think Dante would have enough resistence for him to not be rendered completely unable to fight, and at that point what's Luke gonna do? Attack him? Dante is basically infinitely superior in terms of AP and durability, one slash and Luke is done for

I think it's pretty logical that the same hax shown by 2 beings of different power is gonna be stronger for the stronger being, and i talked about AP when refering to NLF. What we know is that Dante is infinitely stronger and has withstood mind manip by someone who is infinitely stronger than luke. that's enough for me to believe that Luke wouldn't be able to mind rape him. And as i said, even if we don't say that Argosax's mind manip is stronger than Luke and we say that Luke could in fact effect Dante, i think it's at the very least fair to say that Dante would be able to not be ko'd. Now that i think of it, we don't even know what the win conditions are

This is a spite thread

But seriously, how is this match notable? These two are several tiers apart from each other and it's not like there are any themes going on here. This is like putting DBS Goku against a random lower-tier character who has insta-kill hax. So, yeah this is a mismatch. Did everybody forget about those?

It's not logical at all for physical strength to matter in Hax that has nothing to do with physical strength

Especially since mindjaxing people above your tier is far from an uncommon thing in fiction

Luke says "Go home" and Dante listiens, incapping him

Saying that power has nothing to do with hax would basically imply that Silver Surfer's mind manip is on the same level as Odin's because they have similar feats. Also we are all just completely forgetting about what dante could do before Luke mind manips him? Because i really don't think Luke is gonna go LITERALLY as soon as the match starts, Dante could stop time and turn him into mincemeat, blitz him with DT, go SDT, incap him and blow him up from the inside out. There is so much stuff Dante could do before Luke mind controls him, IF he can mind control him to that degree at all, i might add. It's just not logical for me to say that someone can hax a character who is almost infinitely (in his 3A key) or literally infinitely (in his low 2C key) superior to him and that has resistence to said hax

RebubleUselet said:
This is a spite thread

But seriously, how is this match notable? These two are several tiers apart from each other and it's not like there are any themes going on here. This is like putting DBS Goku against a random lower-tier character who has insta-kill hax. So, yeah this is a mismatch. Did everybody forget about those?
Yeah, I kinda have to agree. This seems like a mismatch to me.

That is exactly what I am saying

In fact Silver is known to be one of the best Telepathy in verse, so his might even be stronger, so that argument kinda fails.

Dante can't blitz him due to 4KM distance and a thought is faster

Time Stopping isn't thought based and even then he kinda gets mindhaxed before he uses it

Why would Dante do any of those things before Luke, who may I add has not only mindhaxed at the start multiple times but also is a Jedi and thus doesn't want conflict, mindhax him at the start of the match

Dante has resistance yes, but Star Wars characters with stronger Telepathy bypassing others is far from uncommon.

I won't even touch your statement about SS's mind manip being superior to odin's tbh. Why would luke do any of those things before Dante does that? Why would Luke's impulse to mind manip be stronger than Dante's impulse to just finish the job? I mean, has Luke ever mindhaxed a universal+ character? It's one thing to bypass some who's roughly equal to you but we are talking LITERALLY INFINITELY superior here, until i am shown proof that Luke can bypass resistence from someone who outclasses him by this much i am gonna say that Dante murks

Multiple reasons

1. Luke doesn't like conflict, he rather ends it peacefully

2. Luke has done this before in character dozens of times

3. Dante isn't going to instantly look at a Human being and think "This human being needs to absolutely die right now", he is a Demon Hunter after all.

Dante infinitely superior physicality doesn't mean shit to mind resistance.

Dude, he not only is infinitely stronger, he DOES HAVE MIND RESISTANCE, and he has shown it against someone who is also infinitely superior. And again, we don't even know what the win conditions are, what if incap isn't a win condition and it's only death? How's luke even gonna harm Dante physically? This is ridiculous

Luke has told beyter mind resitances to f off before. Physicality doesn't matter, it's hax. It's not like Dante is higher dimensional or something.

1. SBA says they can win by any means.

2. He tells Dante to kill himself.

Infinitely physically stronger is moot for reasons I already gave

SBA means win by any means

If it's to Death, Luke tells Dante to "Die", but that's not in character.

SBA means max range of both fighters

Oh so Luke has bypassed universal+ mind resistence? Where exactly? And if we take dante for his low 2c tier then yes, he is. All i am seeing here is "power has nothing to do with hax so Luke mind rapes" completely ignoring the fact that Dante does have mind manip resistence and you are failing to show Luke having ever haxed someone who has resistence and is this superior to him. And i really would want to know where Schnee read that they are 4 km apart

Twellas said:
Oh so Luke has bypassed universal+ mind resistence? Where exactly? And if we take dante for his low 2c tier then yes, he is. All i am seeing here is "power has nothing to do with hax so Luke mind rapes" completely ignoring the fact that Dante does have mind manip resistence and you are failing to show Luke having ever haxed someone who has resistence and is this superior to him. And i really would want to know where Schnee read that they are 4 km apart
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions

Dante is still 3-D.

Again, physical strength has nothing to do with mindhax. In Homestuck, lesser tier characters mindhax stronger characters literally all the time. Professor X mindhaxes people stronger than him literally all the time because he's just a guy in a wheelchair without his mind powers. This stuff happens all the time in fiction.

Twellas said:
<Universal+ mind resistance

Feats or you're full of it.

by "universal+" i meant "the resistence of a universal+". One could make a case for Argosax's mind control to be universal because he was controlling the entire energy of the underworld (a universe) and said energy has mind manipulation.That being the case in Homestuck is irrelevant, and did the stronger beings have resistence? Dante does. 3\4 of the people Xavier mind-hax have no resistence to it. I'm gonna sum this match up: Dante is literally infinitely more powerful and has resistence to mind manipulation, Luke APPARENTLY has better mind manipulation but seemingly has never haxed someone who is this much superior to him. All i am seeing here is rampant NLF. Having said this, this match is terrible

And again, as I said like 4 times now, even if we say that Luke can manipulate him at all, what makes you think he would be able to incap him? Even if you want to say that Argosax's mind manip is weaker, Dante still has a resistence that is gonna play a part in that, and if Luke doesn't incap Dante via mind manip i think we all know what happens

Literally every Jedi and Sith has some form of mind resistance, even higher up ones have planetary resistance

If mindhax works, why wouldn't it incap?

The only NLF here is someone saying that you being infinitely stronger which has nothing to do with mind resistance, gives you mind resistance.

are you playing with me right now? Dante DOES have resistence to mind control, it's also listed among the abilities in his profile. A mindhax working doesn't necessarily mean the one who is suffering it is completely controlled by the haxer, so to speak. Again, has Luke ever mind controlled a universal+ with resistence? It's mind boggling to me that we are seriously having a discussion about whether or not a solar system character can mindrape a universal+ with resistence

The wiki itself states that Dante " Can resist Argosax's control over the Demon World's energy", and i think being able to resist a universe-worth of mind-maipulating energy is nothing to scoff at

I know he has resistance to mind control

Just like literally every Jedi and Sith, whether a master or a fodder

We literally went over the Argosax feat in this thread and even Dante conceded, make a CRT or it's moot.

Seriously, I'm not stating this again

Luke's mindhax has better feats until universal resistance is accepted, which it isn't right now.

He has shown that he can mindhax people with resistance, like a lot of characters in Star Wars

Dante being physically stronger doesn't make his mind resistance better

If you disagree, that's on you, because you and I are repeating the same thing over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back