• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Kratos: The Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
Because both characters have been upgraded.
Minor nitpick but that's only half true, Kratos got upgraded, but DMC2 Dante went from 3A to High 6A, though that ultimately made High 6A Dante a bit stronger.

Dude, someone said this on the Wonder Woman vs Thor thread.

If it's not on their profiles, either of them, this is not the place to discuss them.

I don't see Spatial Resistance on Kratos' profile. Until it is, it is not a point to be made until it is accepted as legit.

What is the point of this rematch? we probably has to do this again after the new game of god of war come out.

Wow I came back to some pretty annoying arguments :^)

Now, countering UMC's arguments:

Kratos is WoG-stated to have gained immunity to time-stop towards the end of the Castor & Pollux fight. Won't work.

Meanwhile, the Amulet of Uroborus gets better each time Kratos uses it. Eventually, Kratos will be able to trap Dante in a huge time-loop.

shadow manipulation via doppelganger (his clone can do whatever Dante does, doubling the hax)

Was it shown to be able to do everything? Kratos has the Oath Stone of Orkus, which allows him to summon a clone that literally blitzes even big enemies like Cyclopses, so he has similar hax.

damage nullification/reflection and healing via royal guard,

Kratos also has a healing factor, and he can also reflect damage with the Golden Fleeche.

invincibility

NLF. What is the strongest thing it can stop?

Kratos's Rage of Sparta makes him invulnerable to all sorts of damage in game, including planetary stuff like Zeus's strongest attacks.

void manipulation via majin form

More like darkness-manip IIRC. And the Scourge of Erinys is similar to Dante's ability.

slight precog with Alastor,

Kratos can control his own destiny.

faster regen in devil trigger forms.

PoH Kratos is powerful enough to regen-tag the Blade of Olympus, the same blade that killed Zeus and literally everything except Kratos.

Also, Power of Hope Kratos has Semi-Type-5 immortality.

First of all abbreviate my name correctly :^)

1. No such thing as immunity here. Time stop only affects bangle of time, Dante can still slow time via bangle of time. Time slow =/= time stop. Amulet of Uroboros? Looks here to be only effective on objects.

2. In the cutscene he does what Dante does, uses Devil Trigger when he uses it, etc. It's the whole point of the ability.

3. The healing factor is cool, but I hope you're not using golden fleece as a serious argument, unless you're also saying Kratos is going to deflect everything Dante throws at him with one arm.

4. Invincibility- Can take o The Despair Embodied, where Mundus < Argosax who turns into < TDE for 0 damage

5. If Kratos could control his own destiny then how does he ever lose? Sounds like more of a NLF/misinterpretation to me.

6. Not on his profile.

Yamato cutting through anything is a common fact, given it can cut things without making physical contact, judgement cut, it's actually stated to do so in-game, etc. Kratos has no counter to this. I don't see how fate manipulation resistance is a counter.

And Quicksilver isn't a bubble. As far as what we're shown in-game, it affects time for an entire stage/location.

It's not "controlling his own destiny", it's Resistance to Plot Manipulation. He doesn't possess Plot-Manipulation himself. So yeah, you are right Rice.

Again, all the stuff you bring up is not even on the profile. If you want to make a Content Revision for his Hax and Resistances, feel free to do so.

As others have said before, this thread is shit. I really don't like the arguments coming from either side. It reminds me of Luke Skywalker VS Mewtwo.

Or, you know, Comicvine threads.

The amulet does work on enemies. We could search for a clip but it depends on the player, most do use it though. I mean, when Castor and Pollux used it they tried it on Kratos, he simply tanked it.

No such thing as immunity here. Time stop only affects bangle of time, Dante can still slow time via bangle of time. Time slow =/= time stop. Amulet of Uroboros? Looks here to be only effective on object

Rebuttal: Kratos has resistance to time-stop, not just time-slow. And no,the Amulet of Uroborus works on living beings too . Castor and Pollux used it to speed themselves up , and they tried to use it on Kratos but he powered through it with his speed alone & gained immunity to it after the fight. Kratos powered through full time-stop, and there is no evidence he wouldn't be able to do power through Quicksilver since it affected Dante.

. In the cutscene he does what Dante does, uses Devil Trigger when he uses it, etc. It's the whole point of the ability.

What are you talking about here?

. The healing factor is cool, but I hope you're not using golden fleece as a serious argument, unless you're also saying Kratos is going to deflect everything Dante throws at him with one arm.

The Golden Fleece can deflect even Zeus's lightning bolts. What can Dante throw at Kratos that he won't be able to deflect?

4. Invincibility- Can take on The Despair Embodied, where Mundus < Argosax who turns into < TDE for 0 damage

Power of Hope Kratos tanks Fear Zeus's attacks like they are made of peanut butter.

And Rage of Sparta Kratos gains a temporary invulnerability when he uses it.

Hell, Power of Hope Kratos 'died and willed himself back to life.

5. If Kratos could control his own destiny then how does he ever lose? Sounds like more of a NLF to me.

I meant he had resistance to Destiny and Fate Manipulation.

Precog is good and all, but it's not the be-all end-all.

Yamato cutting through anything is a common fact,

NLF.

given it can cut things without making physical contact, judgement cut, it's actually stated to do so in-game, etc. Kratos has no counter to this. I don't see how fate manipulation resistance is a counter.

Give me a better explanation of its properties. It may not sound like it, but Kratos has counters for a LOT of stuff. Seriously.

And Quicksilver isn't a bubble. As far as what we're shown in-game, it affects time for an entire stage/location.

Quicksilver is time-slow, not time stop. The description itself states this:

Send out a dimensional time-rift wave that slows down your enemies while giving you ultra-high speed. Also, while in Quicksilver mode, you will constantly consume DT energy

Kratos can't be affected by time-slow, as i've shown above.

It's not a NLF. Yamato can cut through anything by negating durability through Spatial Manipulation. Which Kratos does NOT have resistance to, and if he does, IT'S NOT ON HIS PROFILE.

Seriously, I feel like people are WANKING THE SHIT out of these two with these constant NLFs. It's seriously starting to feel like a Comicvine thread.

TeenAngel101 said:
It's not a NLF. Yamato can cut through anything by negating durability through Spatial Manipulation. Which Kratos does NOT have resistance to, and if he does, IT'S NOT ON HIS PROFILE.
It not being on his profile doesn't matter if it happens in-game. Feats beat anything.

Also, no, Yamato won't work on Kratos.

It could not cut through the Rebellion and it couldn't even cut through Lady's rocket launcher. Its ability to cut through the veil between the human world and the underworld is not some quantifiable cutting power, and its more of a function that it specifically has. Seeing as Dante even calls it the key to sealing the underworld from the human world as well, so it can also do the opposite. It simply has an affinity between two sides of reality. Kind of like the Sparda sword.

I also can't help but notice how many Word of God statements your using.

TRIGGERED

Also, if it's not on his profile, then it is not a valid point to use in this thread until it is. If you want to legitimise it so badly, like I said before, make a Content Revision Thread.

So your argument in a nutshell:

Kratos has infinite speed via speeding through a time stop.

No time hax will work on him via his resistance feats

Yamato's cutting abilities is a NLF

Kratos will be able to fend off Dante's entire arsenal with one arm.

Beeruslol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back