• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Kratos: The Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your arguments

Me.

Wow.

Nice comeback. Using the same thing he said to you on your blog. How long it take you to come up with that?

Also, you can tell he linked it as an afterthought because he edited it in.

Matthew Schroeder said:
No, sonny. You just can't accept different opinions and feel the need to act all smug about it.
"Such wank"

User222437 pic71490 1370609620 thumb

I can accept different opinions just fine. I actually conceded the Chakravartin argument over the LB wiki.

Lol.

@peter this is DMC 2 Dante so he isn't cocky and won't taunt as much but he is still level headed

Just gonna point out that the amulet of Ouroboros doesn't just slow time but it can also de-age and age stuff. In Ascension, Kratos can use it to eat apart massive hardened steel chains and then reform them. Dante's speed might still be superior though. Count me as a neutral/stalemate vote.

@clyde speed is equal so they are even but again would he think of doing that from the get go like I said Dante wouldn't screw around at this point of DMC

Also, gotta reply to this before the storm takes over my power:

how will kratos counter Dante's transmutation, spatial and mind manipulation

Kratos has resistance to Mind Manipulation.

What are Dante's transmutation feats? If he can't transmutate beings of superior strength, it won't aid him in this battle.

Kratos has resistance to Spatial Manipulation with the Power of Hope, and this is PoH Krato

Dante's precog will let him see kratos's attack

Kratos controls his own destiny as per GoW II.

Dante has soul manipulation resistance so the claws of hades won't work

What is Dante's best soul manip resistance feat? Does his soul manipulation require him to physically overpower the person who is trying to suck his soul out?

Kratos's regen isn't as good as Dante

Kratos regenerated from being impaled by the Blade of Olympus, who killed Zeus. And this calculation places Zeus's death KE at Small-Planet level.

Yamato could possibly destroy the Golden Fleece with its durability Negation

Yamato's durability negation feats?

The Golden Fleece is able to counter the Blade of Olympus's attacks.

Both the majin form and dreadnought form make him completely invulnerable from both the saviour and argosax/despair

NLF.

i don't see resistence to spatial anywhere

I don't get how that even works...

Regen? can you link me again how did he regen just to see?

Yamato uses dimensional cutting so that isn't a side by side comparison

Those guys are around his tier tbf

When has kratos resisted getting transmuted you are assuming that he has resistance without any evidence when has kratos shown resistance to spatial manipulation

It won't matter if kratos has control of his own destiny Dante will see the attacks coming

Gilgamesh can transform organic matter into steel with its attacks

Yamato was able to cut Nero's devil bringer when nothing else would

Dante can fight over power the soul eaters who try to suck out his soul

I asked for Dante's transmutation feats. Stop moving goalposts.

What's Dante's best time resistance feat? Because the Amulet of Uroborus gets better each time it is used, so eventually it will bypass Dante's powers, and if Kratos traps Dante with his time manip he won't be using his precog.

Kratos can resist petrification, and the Golden Fleece counters that attack. The odds are Kratos will end up turning Dante into steel instead, unless he can resist that.

What falls under "nothing else"?

So Dante has to physically overpower the soul eaters?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
@clyde speed is equal so they are even but again would he think of doing that from the get go like I said Dante wouldn't screw around at this point of DMC
That's subjective but then again, I didn't bring it up because of speed alone but hax too. It was pretty common for players to use it, put the enemy in a time bubble and blitz them like that. From what I saw, it doesn't even need blue orbs to work and I don't know how Dante would tank hax like that.

Gargoyle One said:
Time bubble?
They both have time stop
Yes, but what I'm saying is that while Dante can stop it, Kratos can use it to put enemies and objects in a state of decay that can eat apart steel.

Devil May Cry 4, Dante's Arms File — Gilgamesh: "Made of a devilish metal that absorbs organic material and transforms it to steel, this weapon will shock and awe enemies with its brute force.

From its description it seems more like it just aborbs matter, not that it turns things it hits into steel. I could be wrong though.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Yamato ignores durability it could destroy the Golden Fleece
And Dante has attack reflection as well
Ignores durability by turning organic matter into steel. Except the Fleece is not organic matter, and it has been shown to be able to counter a very similar attack. So yep, no, Yamato won't work.

Apparently, also is there any reason to redo this match when the results are already on their profile?

I'm not talking about Gilgamesh that is what turns organic matter into steel Yamato ignores the durability with spatial manipulation

Because both characters have been upgraded.

Also, people are voting with "Dante for reasons in Rice's post" when Kratos has literally the same type of hax Rice listed, and he also has counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back