• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Revisions Part 2 (Scaling Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Season 1

All season 1 characters are scaled to episode 1 Danny's feat of creating a crater when smashing into the ground. There are also two other tier 8 feats from weapons that Danny and other ghost can and have survived with not much damage so all in all, season 1 characters are 8-A.

Danny makes a crater (8-A)

Valerie's missiles (8-B)

Maddie's blaster (8-A)

Season 2

All season 2 characters are at least what they were in the previous season and there are two more 8-A feats as support.

Skulker's missiles (8-A)

Danny's energy blast (8-A)

However, we get a High 7-A feat from the dragon princess and there is evidence of Danny scaling to it which I will provide.

Dorathea's fire breath (High 7-A)

* Aragon is stated to be equal to Dorathea and has taken her hits without much trouble. Danny effects dragon Aragon with his ghost ray, knocking him back and down

* Danny survives a blast of fire from Aragon that easily blew past his shield

* Aragon knocks back Danny's ghost ray

* Aragon slams Danny into the ground

* In the season 2 end episode Reality Trip, Freakshow stated he was in jail for a few months. He was arrested in the last episode of season 1. So from the start to end of season 2 took place over the course of a few months so Danny has the time needed to get stronger.

Danny seemed to effect Aragon with his Ghost Ray but the next time he shot it, Aragon casually knocked it back. Danny could keep up with Aragon in speed but as shown, once Aragon got his hands on Danny, he slammed him once and Danny was down for a bit.

This issue is we don't know if Aragon was holding back or not. Danny caught him off guard with his first attack and Aragon stated he was going to beat Danny slow and painfully so he's not going to just destroy him quickly. While Danny did survive Aragon's fire breath, he put up a shield which could have taken most of the attack.

In the end, it's possible to scale Danny to Aragon but their are several factors that need to be taken into account. However several months pass so Danny reaching this level of power isn't impossible.

Season 3

All season 3 characters are scaled to Undergrowth's High 6-C feat. However this feat is invalid do to the fact that while the feat started, and spreads quickly through Amity Park, you can see that when the screen backs away a large part of North America is already covered. Then you can see large vines wrap around the planet

It is clear that the first part of the feat happened and the trees did spread across Amity Park quickly, but once the screen backs away and we see the surface shot cover far more to fast and the last part with the vines is a clear vision of what Undergrowth will do eventually. He even states he will spread across the planet. But given the scene transition and the jump in speed, Undergrowth's feat of covering North America that quickly is invalid.

However, the scaling to Vortex may still be valid. Like before, I'll post the highlights of the fight.

* Vlad harms Vortex with his ghost ray

* Vlad survives an attack from Vortex but he's clearly injured

* Danny's ectoplasmic shield can stand up to Vortex's attacks

* Danny survives multiple attacks from Vortex

* Vortex blocks Danny's ghost ray with one hand

Vortex clearly is more powerful than Danny or Vlad but the two can survive his attacks and Vlad was able to harm him. The issue is the same as Aragon, we don't know how much Vortex was holding back or if he even was. Vortex likes to show off his power but the way the Observants describe him, he's far mor powerful than the average ghost. If all ghosts walked around with power some what comparable to him then what would make him so dangerous?. Like before there are several factors that need to be accounted for. The verse has many inconsistencies with it's scaling so it's a bit hard to say what was the intention. However Danny is later shown capable of taking attacks from Vortex in the episode Phantom Planet so Danny keeping up with Vortex and taking his attacks (with damage) is consistent.

In regards to the Undergrowth's bounty being 3 Million while Vortex has only 2 Million, it is possible that they could be talking about power. Some have made the argument that they gained these overtime since the Box Ghost was adding up his destruction and stated his bounty was increasing. However this is incorrect because Vortex was only active twice while Undergrowth just attacked the planet one time. Both are global threats so it is possible they are comparable in strength going off their bounties.

Also, Wulf had a bounty of 1 Million but he is a good guy and doesn't cause destruction from what we are shown and lacks the range to do what Undergrowth and Vortex can so how did he rack up 1 Million?. Box Ghost caused mass terror and destruction in Amity Park but his bounty only went 50 cents to 5 dollars... If the bounties were based of this system Wulf, Vortex and Undergrowth would have had to kill countless people and destroy cities on a regular basis and only Vortex has done that and he only got 2 Million while Undergrowth has been active only once and didn't cause much destruction yet got 3 Million.... . I'm not saying it's 100% based off power since that has some issues as well but it sure as hell isn't 100% based off over time destruction. It could be a combination of both but it's never stated.

In the end it is only a possibility that can support scaling between the two.

Scaling

Above I have shown the reasons for the current scaling and talk about what should be removed (High 6-C). However I think it's best to give my thoughts about what should be done. I see two options we can do and I'll explain them both.

Option 1 (Scaling to himself)

Danny Phantom like any other verse has many inconsistencies with it's scaling. The safest way we can go about this is scaling Danny only to his own feats and those of others he has consistently shown to be comparable to. This will cut out and issues people will have about the inconsistencies with the Aragon and Vortex scaling. His shields will still scale to Vortex due to them consistently holding up to the laters attacks. This option will remove each season key given Danny only has feats within the same tier and won't change so there isn't a reason to keep them around. He'll simply have a key for his normal statistics and one for the Ecto-Skeleton.

Here is what Danny's tier, statistics and keys would look like if this option is accepted.

Tier: At least 8-A

Attack Potency:
At least Multi-City Block level+ (Caused this much destruction by smashing into the ground, caused this much destruction with his energy blast and has grown more powerful throughout the series), higher with Ghostly Wail (Can knock back and incapacitate foes equal to or stronger than himself)

Speed: At least FTL (Flew to Pariah's Keep at this speed, can dodge Ghost Rays which are considered light, and has even moved faster than them, also fast enough to keep up with other ghosts who can keep up with the Specter Speeder which traveled from Saturn to Earth in a short time)

Lifting Strength: At least Class K (Casually lifted an occupied school bus, lifted and tossed a dragon, and is much stronger than the skeleton soldiers who lifted and tossed trucks)

Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class+ (Can physically harm ghosts who are comparable to him in durability)

Durability: At least Multi-City Block level+ (Survived attacks from other ghosts comparable to him in power and has taken his own Ghost Ray), up to Small Country level+ with forcefields (His ectoplasmic barriers have repeatedly stood up against attacks from an enraged Vortex)

Key: Normally

Option 2
(Scaling Aragon/Vortex): DarkDragonMedus, Antvasima, BlastX, ShadowChild'sReaper, Tipper17, Psychomaster35, Js250476, Dinobot1996, Elizhaa

This option is basically keeping the season keys and giving Danny a possible scaling to Aragon and Vortex. While there are some inconsistencies with this, it's not unlikely and it has some backing. Danny has shown that he gets stronger as the series progresses and does have scaling feats to Aragon and Vortex to a degree. Here is what the scaling for Danny's statistics and keys would look like if this option is accepted.

Tier: 8-A | At least 8-A, possibly High 7-A | At least 8-A, possibly Low 6-B

Attack Potency:
Multi-City Block level+ (Caused this much destruction by smashing into the ground) | At least Multi-City Block level+, possibly Large Mountain level+ (At least as strong as before, caused this much damage with his energy blast, could harm Aragon in his dragon form with his ghost ray, and is comparable to other ghosts who can harm him), higher with Ghostly Wail (Can knock back and incapacitate foes equal to or stronger than himself) | At least Multi-City Block level+, possibly Small Country level+ (At least as strong as before, comparable to other ghosts who can harm him), higher with Ghostly Wail (Can knock back and incapacitate foes equal to or stronger than himself)

Speed: FTL (Flew to Pariah's Keep at this speed, can dodge Ghost Rays which are considered light) | At least FTL (At least as fast as before) | At least FTL (At least as fast as before, moved faster than a Ghost Ray)

Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Lifted six people and a tiger at the same time, lifted and threw a dragon) | At least Class 5 (Much stronger than the skeleton soldiers who lifted and tossed trucks) | At least Class K (Can easily lift an occupied school bus)

Striking Strength: Multi-City Block Class+ | At least Multi-City Block Class+, possibly Large Mountain level+ | At least Multi-City Block Class+, possibly Small Country Class+

Durability:
Multi-City Block level+ (Can take hits from ghosts as powerful as him) | At least Multi-City Block level+, possibly Large Mountain level+ (Can survive being hit by his own ghost rays and survived Aragon's dragon fire which is equal to that of Dorathea's) | At least Multi-City Block level+, possibly Small Country level+ (At least as durable as before and has repeatedly taken attacks from Vortex and Vlad Plasmius)

Key: Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3

Here is a list of moments Danny (and Vlad) prove they get stronger in each season. There is evidence of Danny growing stronger thanks to his ability to grow stronger in each season quickly (which is accepted)

Season 1

Episode 1 "Mystery Meat"

Danny fights the lunch lady and they are around equals. They traded blows with each other but a little later he became strong enough to one shot her in her meat form which was just equal with him no more than a few minutes ago.

Episode 6 "What You Want"

Tucker gains ghost powers and after taking off at high speeds, Danny comments he can't fly that fast and wondered if Tucker was becoming more powerful. Desiree later confirms Tucker is growing stronger but about a day later, Danny is keeping up with Tucker perfectly. Even after Tucker goes through two transformations and grows stronger, Danny still keeps up with him.

Episode 7 "Bitter Reunions"

Danny gets speed blitzed by Vlad and states that he better stop holding back. Meaning Danny doesn't go all out against his opponents right from the start.

Episode 11 "Fanning the Flames"

Danny fights Ember and the two are equal until a crowd of people chant her name. A few hours later Ember grows even stronger now that countless people yet Danny fights her on equal footing in their next match.

Episode 13 "Fright Night"

Danny fights the Fright Knight and was incapable of even making the later flinch, but later in their fight he gets strong enough to start effecting him with his blows.

Season 2

Episode 4 - 5 "Reign Storm"

Skulker and Danny fight briefly and Skulker wins. This is important because in a later episode after this one.

Episode 12 "Flirting with Disaster"

Danny finds out Valerie is not in the suit but was actually Technus controlling it. He then states he has no reason to hold back against it and literally blows it to pieces casually. This is the same Valerie suit who could keep up with him and allowed her to survive a hit from Fright Knight (who was stronger than Danny at that time) in Reign Storm which was back in episode 4 - 5.

Episode 13 "Micro Management"

Danny easily blows Skulker's limbs off. The same Skulker that beat him back in episode 4 - 5 Reign Storm.

Near the end of season 2 in the episode "Reality Trip". Freakshow states it's been months since the last time they saw him at the end of season 1. This means season 2 takes place over the course of several months which means Danny has more than enough time to grow in power.

Season 3

Episode 1 "Eye for an Eye"

Danny beats up Vlad but then Vlad reveals he is weaker because he created dozens of shadow duplicates. Vlad states he grows stronger constently the hits Danny once and harms him.

Episode 2 "Infinite Realms"

Danny and Vlad actually fight on equal terms (Vlad being just a bit stronger)

Episode 11 "D-Stabilized"

A duplicate of Vlad one shots Danny... This means that even when Danny previously caught up to Vlad's level of power in a past episode. Vlad also got stronger to the point were he stomps him the next time they meet.

So yes, there is evidence that Danny and Vlad grow stronger throughout each season to such degrees that they can start matching or outright stomping people they had trouble with before. This doesn't just apply to them either, Danny's enemies also come back stronger some by just getting stronger, others via upgrades. So to say Danny could not reach Aragon or Vortex's level in any way even though he could keep up with them, survive their attacks and has proven he grows in power is not true. I'm not saying it's a fact he should scale, I'm just saying it's possible.

Last edited:
I added a list in the OP of several times Danny proves he gets stronger in each season.

I just want to add that in Reign Storm Tucker or Sam (can't remember which) said that Danny is in a good mood cause he beat both Skulker and Ember earlier that day (or last night).

Plus Danny wasn't actually trying to beat Skulker but talk to him, then after he got "beaten" he gets back up like nothing happened and punched Skulker and sender him flying.

I just want to add that in Reign Storm Tucker or Sam (can't remember which) said that Danny is in a good mood cause he beat both Skulker and Ember earlier that day (or last night).

Plus Danny wasn't actually trying to beat Skulker but talk to him, then after he got "beaten" he gets back up like nothing happened and punched Skulker and sender him flying.
It was Tucker. Sam said Danny seemed to be in a good mood and Tucker said something like "why shouldn't he?, last night he shoved both Ember and Skulker back into the Ghost Zone".

However we don't know the full context on how it was done. I'm not saying he can't fight them but Skulker was able to fight with him evenly. But yes, after Danny's "fight" to Skulker, he wasn't even injured and when Skulker put him down, Danny sends him flying with a punch (although Skulker is fine afterwards). Danny actually tried to suck Skulker into the thermos at the start so him wanting to talk to him doesn't mean he was holding back when his first idea was to lock him up.

I guess I worded it wrong. Danny fought Skulker equally and the two could visually effect each other but Skulker gets the last hit in before they stop fighting, then Danny catches him with a cheap shot. In a later episode Danny casually blows Skulker's limbs off which forced the later to come back with upgrades. This shows use that Danny's power is increasing.

After looking over the two options I feel I can support Option 2. I'd say an argument can possibly be made for the numerous inconsistencies as to why the ghosts wouldn't scale. Plus the fact that there's no real outright/blatant proof of Danny/ghost getting stronger over time. However that can be placed on Butch and the common tropes of storytelling. But regardless I can get behind the possible scaling to Aragon & Vortex.

It was Tucker. Sam said Danny seemed to be in a good mood and Tucker said something like "why shouldn't he?, last night he shoved both Ember and Skulker back into the Ghost Zone".

However we don't know the full context on how it was done. I'm not saying he can't fight them but Skulker was able to fight with him evenly. But yes, after Danny's "fight" to Skulker, he wasn't even injured and when Skulker put him down, Danny sends him flying with a punch (although Skulker is fine afterwards). Danny actually tried to suck Skulker into the thermos at the start so him wanting to talk to him doesn't mean he was holding back when his first idea was to lock him up.

I guess I worded it wrong. Danny fought Skulker equally and the two could visually effect each other but Skulker gets the last hit in before they stop fighting, then Danny catches him with a cheap shot. In a later episode Danny casually blows Skulker's limbs off which forced the later to come back with upgrades. This shows use that Danny's power is increasing.
I assumed he beat them pretty easily or quickly, hence the good mood but yeah you make more sense

Anyways, I support option 2

Also, wasn't there a calc for Danny and Dani combined Ecto Blast?

Yes, there is a calc but there was no destruction caused by the attack. The large orb of energy we see expand past the buildings was just the flash of light from the attack exploding. This is evident when we see the smoke clear, the only thing damaged is danny's clone who only had a hole in his stomach.

So, I have a doubt. Wouldn't it be more likely to say that Dorathea's fire breath feat isn't part of her overall AP but Wheather Manip? The feat doesn't look like some explosion moved the clouds but those being precisely pushed by TK.

So, I have a doubt. Wouldn't it be more likely to say that Dorathea's fire breath feat isn't part of her overall AP but Wheather Manip? The feat doesn't look like some explosion moved the clouds but those being precisely pushed by TK.
Dorathea's fire breath is an attack. If it was weather manipulation than it wouldn't have sent Aragon flying. Aragon's fire also harmed him when it hit his tail. They are using the power of their amulets to do this and said amulets enhance their natural capabilities and transform them into dragons.

Aragon created a crown for Sam that she couldn't take off. Dorathea states that "we do have the same power, so I should be able to do this!", and grabs the crown and destroys it. Yes, visually it their is no explosion but that's because it's fire. The attack was still the cause of the cloud splitting so it would scale to power of the amulet.

I meant that can't it be a 8-A attack with High 7-A Weather Manip? Wouldn't that be more likely? I know the fire's an attack.

I meant that can't it be a 8-A attack with High 7-A Weather Manip? Wouldn't that be more likely? I know the fire's an attack.
I honestly don't see how the attack can 8-A but High 7-A via weather manipulation. I haven't seen that any other time in the show. It's fire breath that is shot from her mouth which she used to split the clouds. No form of weather manipulation in the verse is done like this and the fact that the only other times she uses this is to attack or cancel out Aragon's fire, I don't see why we should rate it as having a secondary AP only for weather manipulation. It's ap should be that of what was needed to preform the feat. So I find it more likely to be her AP overall instead of just via weather manipulation. It's all still the power of the amulet and that power is fueling her.

Alright, on a second thought I think it would be off for the amulet to have that much difference in overall power to its Weather Manip, which I still think it's what was done.

I also wasn't all that sure when saying what I said, so there's that.

Looks like option 2 has enough support. I'll leave this open for some time just in case someone has anything they got to add. I'll post Part 3 later.

Note: Part 3 will be discussing Revisions to the 4-A rating. I want to point out that the revision will have supporting evidence for season 2 characters scaling to High 7-A. I did not include this evidence here because it relies on the Top Tier scaling. So I won't update the profiles until after Part 3 revisions are finished.

Option 2 is honestly the best way to go here. Saying he's only "At least Multi-City Block" doesn't exactly feel fair given how much stronger he gets throughout the series

I know why his third key says "possibly Small Country+" due to some questioning in the scaling, but is there any reason why second and third key can't have him at Large Mountain+ rather than have the 8-A rating in front of it? I'm curious

This could just go “At least 8-A, likely High 7-A, possibly Low 6-B”, given he becomes stronger overtime

Problem is, Danny at first was able to harm Aragon, before he was later defeated by him easily. Then, scaling Danny to Vortex is iffy given how he was required temporary powers to defeat him, and when he rematched him in the finale, Danny lost to him easily. However, he did defeat Undergrowth who had a higher bounty than Vortex.

You can still get defeated by somebody while being comparable to them. Do keep in mind, the scaling Aragon seems FAR more justifiable to Vortex given the circumstances you mentioned

Aragon didn't actually defeat Danny easily. Danny let his guard down and Aragon grabbed him and slammed him and it looked like Danny was about to pass out but then got right back up after Aragon was knocked of off him and he was fine again.

Danny simply gained Vortex's powers which he used against him. Danny wasn't boosted by the power, he just gained Vortex's weather abilities. Danny still took multiple hits from Vortex and in the final episode, all Vortex did was hit Danny and destroy his outfit, then at the end when they meet again he shocked him and did damage. Danny wasn't even fighting back at that point, he was trying to ask the ghosts for help.

I already stated Vortex is more powerful than Danny but not by a large amount. Even when he blasted Danny into a building to finish him off, all it did was put him in his human form and Danny was unharmed when he emerged.

Option 2 is honestly the best way to go here. Saying he's only "At least Multi-City Block" doesn't exactly feel fair given how much stronger he gets throughout the series

I know why his third key says "possibly Small Country+" due to some questioning in the scaling, but is there any reason why second and third key can't have him at Large Mountain+ rather than have the 8-A rating in front of it? I'm curious
Part 3 will have another thing that supports Danny being High 7-A in season 2 and will remove the At least 8-A. I'm just waiting for this to finish since that piece of evidence is connected to the Top Tier scaling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back