• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Revisions Part 1 (Ghostly Wail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Danny's Ghostly Wail rating should be downgraded. The move may have power behind it but it clearly is more than just force.

In The Ultimate Enemy we see the ghostly wail has different levels of potency and effects. Dan used it multiple times and it went from shaking the amity park and messing with the electrical towers, to flinging helicopters and tanks, then to simply causing a piece of a building to crack and collapse.

When Danny is attacked by his future enemies. They have been crippled and are incapable of healing and Ember commented and said he destroyed her vocal cords with his wail and she couldn't fix her form. You can even see Johnny 13 is legs are broken and everyone is older which is impossible since ghosts don't age since their forms are just ectoplasm.

Danny then uses the wail on them and not only does it incapacitate the ghosts but also leaves Shadow in a state in which he couldn't regenerate from even though he has been reduced to small bits of pieces and regenerated in seconds.

This supports what future Danny's wail did to them. It made the ghosts incapable of fixing the damage done to them and messed with their physiology to the point were they even aged. Danny's wail also did serious damage to Dan but another one of his wails just pushed Vlad into a wall.

There is another moment were the wail is less effective against a sphinx ghost than his normal ghost rays. With these showings, the wail should be treated as a move that while is powerful, also has different effects. Given it can effect a ghosts physical form like it did Ember and Shadow. I can easily believe it effected Dan in the same way which it why it actually damaged him. So it's rating should be downgraded as it isn't that strong, just that it has several effects.

Suggestion

Higher with Ghostly Wail (Can easily knock back and incapacitate ghosts equal to or stronger than himself)

Maybe some dura neg for GW as well and maybe regeneration negation?
Those are already accepted for the Ghostly Wail. This thread is just downgrading to AP of the force wave. It's still Danny's most powerful attack so it's above his normal ap but by an unknown amount. It's just since the power behind it varies I think just "higher" is better than a complete 4-A rating.

Oh nvm then, should have checked the page my
Well Danny's powers and abilities section needs to be updated with better descriptions and more links.

Here is a message of someone asking me about it and at the bottom of the thread I wrote down his powers and abilities section with links. I think it's better than the current one but I want to finish revisions first before updating it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:4624395

Personally I see no problem with the "up to 4-A" we have on the page. Saying that it's "up to" already tells us that it's level of power can vary and it makes sense since Danny can control how powerful his attacks are (see Ghost Rays) although I can understand why some would prefer "higher"

The 4-A characters might not be a thing after the Top Tiers are revised. This is just the safest rating that won't cause any issue since everyone knows the Ghostly Wail is much stronger than his normal attack power but not every agrees with it's upper level via scaling.

The 4-A characters might not be a thing after the Top Tiers are revised. This is just the safest rating that won't cause any issue since everyone knows the Ghostly Wail is much stronger than his normal attack power but not every agrees with it's upper level via scaling.
What might they get revised to and why?

So they are MSS because of a statement that Pariah Dark destroyed their homes, which contained starry skies (evident with Poindexter’s realm), but it was too vague to be considered, given how they couldve meant him destroying their homes/habitats, not literally their entire realms.

For that, the top tiers will be downgraded to Small Country upscaling from Vortex.

Makes sense.

So it would make sense for Season 3 Danny to get Small Country+ as well, right? I heard the Large Island feat isn't legit anymore and given how he progressively gets stronger throughout the series, "At least 8-A" may be a little unneeded at that point.

I mean, Danny was required to have certain temporary powers in order to beat Vortex, and when he rematched him in the finale without the powers, Danny got beaten easily. You could argue Vlad could harm Vortex, but it isn't consistent.
Ive heard Danny’s tier would be 8-A, likely High 7-A, possibly Low 6-B

There was that scaling that to Undergrowth that Danny had since Undergrowth did have a higher bounty than Vortex (if the scaling can logically apply like that), but I'm sure somebody has something to comment on that.

I'd rather this be discussed when those threads are made. Let's just wait for this to be finished and I'll post part 2.

Part 2 revisions will be discussing season revisions.

Part 3 revisions will be Top Tiers.

It's fine, I just want this to go quick and smooth since this revision is pretty simple.

If the wail is sheer hax, I don't mind switching to "higher".

The sphinx things also is a good indicator that it might not just be full AP.

I'm in agreement with this.

The Sphinx seems more like an outlier TBH
Well it's not only the sphinx. Dan's wail had no effect on Sam and Tucker when it passed by them, only the building next to them. The wail used on Amity Park also only shook everything and disabled the towers but didn't fling or hurt anyone.

These moments and ones with the ghosts show it has more properties than just brute force which is why I suggest just rating it as "higher" since it is more powerful than his normal attacks but has other properties. Like how his energy attacks can harm people but also phase through them if he wants them too.

Last edited:
I guess this has enough support, I'll update the profile later but right now I'll leave this open for a bit longer just incase someone has something they want to say.

Note: Part 2 of the revisions will be discussing the scaling between Danny and other ghosts such as Aragon and Vortex. That thread will have two options on what could be done about it so if you do decide to take part in the thread, please state which option you think is more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back