• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom: Ghost Energy = 4-D in potency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I already have a feeling this is going to fail hard, but hey, it's worth a shot. You read the title correctly, here is my attempt at making ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm 4-D in potency... This is either going to be the biggest L in VS battle wiki history, or the greatest W since... well since... I got nothing.

Ectoplasmic Energy/Ectoplasm = 4-D potency

I think I'll start with the main evidence, and that's the Ghost Zone.

Effecting Space and Time

The Ghost Zone and everything in it is shown and stated by the creator of the series to be made entirely out of ectoplasm. It is stated in Season 3; Episode 2; "Infinite Realms" by Frostbite that the Ghost Zone is constantly shifting with portals opening in one time period and then leading to another (Here's the video with sound). This by itself proves raw ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm can effect space and time naturally which is 4-D.

Connection to the Human World

It's connection to the Human World has yet to be fully explored (Hopefully the upcoming Graphic Novel provides good lore). However, it's tied to it, as I already mentioned it naturally shifts and opens portals in space and time to the normal universe, and in Season 3; Episode 7; "Livin' Large", the GIW are going to send an anti-ecto missile into the Ghost Zone which would have released a substance that would have destroyed it, and Sam and Tucker have this conversation.

Sam: Tuck, in astrophysics, what happens when an entire dimension is suddenly removed from a plane of existence?

Tucker: Easy, the whole dimensional structure becomes unstable, and cufluy.

Sam: Well the Ghost Zone is a flipside of our plane of existence. If it goes, we go.

While you can argue this is just an assumption. The entire plot of the episode hinges on this, and Danny even gets help from three of his enemies to stop it so even the ghosts to it seriously. So this supports the Ghost Zone (A pure ectoplasmic structure) has an effect on the entire dimensional structure of the Danny Phantom universe which includes space and time.

Earth effecting the Ghost Zone

I'm bringing this up as to not make it seem like I'm ignoring anti-feats.

In the final episode of the series "Phantom Planet", an ectoranium meteor is going to collide with and destroy Earth, and Danny says this to the ghosts when trying to get their help.

Danny: Wait, let me explain. Our worlds are linked, if mine goes, yours goes too.

Now this tries to say the if the Earth is destroyed, the entire Ghost Zone gets destroyed. This obviously makes no sense and given what has been previously established, and the Ghost Zone isn't linked to Earth because in that episode, a portal opens up in space near Saturn.

Even the ghosts don't reply to him and continue to beat him up, as if what he just said didn't phase them. But let's say that what Danny said was actually legit. It just means the the Ghost Zone is anchored to the Earth for some unknown reason but that doesn't negate it's shows nor does it negate the effects it would have on the entire dimensional structure.

Ghost Realms

There is already an accepted blog that I made which explains how ghosts can create their own realms which some are shown to have their own time flow, while on a small scale, this proves their ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm can have a 4-D effect.

Ghost Physiology

As stated on the Ghost Physiology and the acceped sandbox I made regarding ectoplasmic energy (ghost energy) and the Universal Energy Systems, you'll see that ghosts are made up of their ectoplasmic energy/consciousness and are ectoplasm.

All relevant scans are in that blog, and note, this is just me explaining that you can't say humans can interact with ectoplasm so it can't be 4-D in potency (because they can't interact with ectoplasm in it's natural state by default). The above is explaining that they energy that is shown to have 4-D potency is apart of their make up and is also apart of their powers. It's shown in the series that other ghost abilities can effect time Wulf's claws which got accepted here, this thread talking about how Desiree's wish effected the timeline which was accepted as 4-D.

Conclusion

The Ghost Zone and everything in it is made entirely of ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm and it can effect space and time, while even having an effect on the dimensional structure of the universe itself which is 4-D. Ghosts are also made of ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm and while they each have a unique signature, it's all still the same given both Danny and Vlad got their powers from the energy released from the Ghost Zone through portals. Ghosts can use their energy to construct their own pocket realms which have their own space and time flow, and regardless of size, effecting space and time is 4-D.

Given what ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm is shown to do, this would mean ghost energy and their abilities should be 4-D in potency since their form is partially made up of said energy and their abilities come from it. This will be put into a blog as well, so we don't need to put 4-D next to all their abilities.

Like I also said on the DP discussion board, these points all do seem to make sense, but I'll stay neutral for now for more opinions

4-D is space + time...

They literally can make their own little space and time. That's like saying Clockwork's time hax sn't 4-D

3D space + 1D time.

very different from hax that is 4D space hax.

this is like claiming, any energy manipulation is 4D because the universe is made of energy. It superfluous

Hax being higher-dimensional in nature doesn't depend on whether they're spatial or temporal axes. What are you on about?
Baseline universes are 4D in nature, all hax starts at having at potency of 3D plus 1D time.

Yeah it doesn’t matter if it’s 3-D space and 1-D time, we still consider it 4-D hax on wiki standards if it can affect things that are 4-D in nature.
Everything is already is defaulted to 4D if we are including time.

Baseline universes are 4D in nature, all hax starts at having at potency of 3D plus 1D time.

Everything is already is defaulted to 4D if we are including time.
.....No, the **** it isn't. Hax is just 3-D by default. If there's a verse that does this then it needs a revision pronto.

Do you think we assume hax affects the universe as a space-time continuum by default????

.....No, the **** it isn't. Hax is just 3-D by default. If there's a verse that does this then it needs a revision pronto.

Do you think we assume hax affects the universe as a space-time continuum by default????
The premise of this CR, is that because the universe is made of extoplasm, all abilities with ectoplasm are 4D.

For regular universes, everything is made of energy including empty spacetime, so is energy manipulation 4D by default too?

The premise of this CR, is that because the universe is made of extoplasm, all abilities with ectoplasm are 4D.

For regular universes, everything is made of energy including empty spacetime, so is energy manipulation 4D by default too?
If you can find verses that outright specify they're manipulating energy to such a fundamental degree on a large scale then sure.

But you won't because it's needless pedantry that more than 95% of verses never bother with.

Since I guess these all settle it, I'm gonna lean for agreeing now

Wouldn't this result in a Tier Change for them ?
Tier/AP, no. Unless it's done on a universal scale, messing with space-time doesn't do anything in terms of stuff like that. Heck, being a higher dimensional entity alone isn't even enough to buff in statistics wise you without additional context.

why did you think this cv was going to fail??
I have this thing where sometimes I think an idea is more than likely to fail (not a great mindset, I know) but I've made many threads thinking something makes sense but then it wasn't the case. And considering what this thread is proposing, you could understand my thoughts.

Considering that this has been widely agreed to and this has been more than 48 hours, it shouldn't hurt to apply

I've added the blog to the verse page, so I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back