• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa: Small doubt on Makoto tanking a really huge fall

I wanted to make myself sure of this idea I had.

Feat: Makoto tanks a huge fall, which isn't specified the height, but the time yes (with this I found that it lasts from 7:42:29 to 07:52:11, making the time frame of 9.82 seconds).

So, using this calculator, I found that the height of such a long fall is of 472.839 m, so putting it here (with the weight of 65.4 kg due of 52 kg for Makoto + 5 kg for the chair + 8.4 kg for the desk), I got the force of 314263.91 Joules (Wall level).

Issue is, is the way I found his durability right? Because I'm a bit iffy on the method used since is the first time I use such method for open fall feats.

Last edited:
IIRC Mr Naegi landed onto piles and piles of rubbish which should act as smelly but good cushions to absorb damage.

Anyway, while the rubble's only around him isn't it possible he pushed it aside when landing?

So we do not know what was exactly under Naegi at the time he (when possibly still tied to a chair) fell onto.

Well I can recalculate that and when that is done ... To be safe we can still get a ceiling value for the long fall.

So we do not know what was exactly under Naegi at the time he (when possibly still tied to a chair) fell onto.

Well I can recalculate that and when that is done ... To be safe we can still get a ceiling value for the long fall.
He fell with the head on the ground tho, not with the chair under him, meaning that he tanked the fall fully.

Last edited:
He fell with the head on the ground tho, not with the chair under him
You have the exact scan Makoto hit ther ground head on? When Makoto was still head downward he was still falling and flipping. And apparently the chair and desk started to get loose from that Mr Naegi.

And Monokuma even mentioned that the bottom is a garbage-strewn pit, meaning the bottom (at least where Makoto landed) was actually filled with rubbish bags which should act as rough cushions.

You have the exact scan Makoto hit ther ground head on? When Makoto was still head downward he was still falling and flipping.

And Monokuma even mentioned that the bottom is a garbage-strewn pit, meaning the bottom (at least where Makoto landed) was actually filled with rubbish bags which should act as rough cushions.
The whole scene of the execution, he falls with the head upside down and then he its the ground in that position

The position he was when starting to fall doesn't really matter. In long enough falls you spin and rotate, so obviously he'd be in a different position.

It was later confirmed that they are across the room, we don't see any trash behing Makoto, nor him saying that there was trash under him.

The "tunnel" was too small to allow too different changes in position to happen tbh
Then wouldn't the chair (and his head) repeatedly collide with the edges, slowing it down a bit? Though it'd probably be fairly minimal.

Then wouldn't the chair (and his head) repeatedly collide with the edges, slowing it down a bit? Though it'd probably be fairly minimal.
We don't see such, at very least Makoto did a really small rotation, meaning that he still crashed with his arms/back

if he did leave the falling point then the whole feat might be moot.

Naegi falling feat is 91k-ish maximum assuming a not safe landing (like nothing to slow the falling speed and nothing good to cushion the impact if nothing to further harm him) IMO and is a high end feat in his own tier.

Even arguable that Naegi kun is a stone wall and not everyone else compares. The heavy hitters have their own tier. Tokami san and Kyoko chan should reasonably scale.