• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa Downgrades

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Forgot to makes this when it happened, but Danganronpa's 8-Cs should be downgraded.

Nekomaru's feat is now baseline 9-A, and Gozu's feat is completely unusable since the floor had already been weakened by the explosions, which makes it's impossible to calc. So anyone who scales to those feats should be downgraded to 9-A, unless there are other accepted calcs I'm unaware of.

If there any other feats that can be calc please inform me here, as I do not mind doing them myself.

Shouldn’t Nekomaru upscale from Chiaki anyway?

Nekomaru being baseline 9-A doesn’t make sense from a lore sense.

What is Chiaki's 9-A feat, the feat on her profile is 9-C.

But yes he is far stronger than her.

The feat might be calc at 9-C but she uppercut a character, knocking him out, with 9-A durability.

Can... can I see the 9-A calc? Since Teruteru doesn't have a profile.

There's a lot of things that could've happened there, but even assuming they were still in the classroom, they wouldn't be exposed to all of that energy. Due to the inverse square law only a small fraction of the explosion would hit their bodies.

So even if it was 9-A, the actual result would probably be 9-B.

If Great Gozu has some feats can you link me the episode he does them at, and for Nekomaru's feat I'll do a recalc right now.

I think it was the first episode of the Future Arc, but I have watched the anime quite long ago so can't remember, sorry (and I don't know any anime sites)

Sorry I meant the episode number, don't actually link any anime sites.

I do not think a downgrade is required.

Here, I have calculated the classroom feat to be indeed well above 9-A.

Also, havent I have been told about 8-A to High 7-C feats?

Episode 1 or 2 of Future Arc I think. But I can be wrong. It was around the time when he died, so either of those two episodes.

Yes but they used 20 psi (And it was using the air burst formula, the surface explosion wasn't being used yet) and I didn't like how the explosion was measured.

It's hard to tell what was an explosion and what's moving smoke.

I actually intended to make a downgrade too, since current 9-A is based on an explosion meant to fake their death (so they likely didn't tank it) + it contradicts how way smaller explosion were considered deadly.

Note: I also don't believe they tanked the explosion either.

Also there is a possibility of Nekomaru's feat is an outlier, does anyone have any other possible 8-C feats?

Maybe the scene where he ***** really hard? I remember someone calcing it to tier 8.

I have no idea how to calc that, since I can't get a good shot of it.

Probably is over 9-A though given the size, and it's bigger than the crater he made against Akane.

is based on an explosion meant to fake their death (so they likely didn't tank it)
Nah, they definitely tanked it.

image0.png

She presses the button on screen before everything fades to white

image0.png

Then the next time she appears is in the same room destroyed

image0.png

image0.png

With her clothes worn down, different than how it was before the explosion.

Never mind then, though the inverse square law would still take affect, I might take a crack at that later.

I honestly think Dangan being tier 9 is so off. First off, is the anime canon to the games? If so, these guys are still threatened by lesser things. Spoilers to anyone who didn't play, but characters like Gundham dying to 9-B animals, getting harmed by a lesser explosion in one scene, dying from a single kitchen knife stab, a hit in the head from wooden hammers, etc is below 9-A. Other than that explosion, Komaru and Toko surviving attacks from massive robots and explosions, and Neko surviving a bazooka (scales to his robot form only, he almost died as human) is all I can think of.

And another spoiler, all of Danganronpa 2 took place inside of a game. While everything felt real to them, every feat in that was just inside a game they were forced in. Meaning the only legitimate tier 9 feat I can think of is from Komaru and Toko in Ultimate Despair Girls.

Yeah their deaths are caused by much less than 9-A tbh. Being threatened by and killed by guns and real world piercing objects is the reason Jason has been stuck at 9-B so long despite some 9-A to potentially 8-C stuff. Tier 9 doesn't seem too consistent given what they canonically die from.

Yes, the anime is 100% canon. Also things like being stabbed by knife means nothing, it was done by character within this tiering. Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza was harmed by knives numerous times canonically, but it doesn't make him any weaker. Same with wooden hammers or whatever. The rest is PIS. Anime has many superhuman feats that are above 9-B and characters tanking them.

(What explosion? The one within Mukuro's body? Toko tanked it IIRC)

Inside of a game but I'm pretty sure it's linked to their actual abilities, as it's made with accuracy to reality as far as I can remember. And anime feats are still canon so they scale to them.

Also things like being stabbed by knife means nothing, it was done by character within this tiering.
A weapon like a kitchen knife will not jump from 9-C to 9-A just because someone who's 9-A uses it, that's not how it works.

Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza was harmed by knives numerous times canonically, but it doesn't make him any weaker.
And were those just normal 9-C weapons? Otherwise it's a false equivalence. Hell knives are a constant threat to the cast.

Same with wooden hammers or whatever.
A wooden hammer would simply break if you bash it with full force on a 9-A, yet another time they're shown to be harmed by lesser things.

The rest is PIS.
Why on earth would characters getting killed by certain things be PIS, it's a literal plot point that they focus on.

Anime has many superhuman feats that are above 9-B and characters tanking them.
Citations on both the anime being canon and the feats.

What explosion? The one within Mukuro's body? Toko tanked it IIRC
This one, which knocked out Hajime. Toko is an interesting case, mainly from UDG.

Inside of a game but I'm pretty sure it's linked to their actual abilities, as it's made with accuracy to reality as far as I can remember. And anime feats are still canon so they scale to them.
Not exactly, certain characters aren't even resembled to their current style (such as Hiyoko). The game was only meant for them to overcome their previous despair, not to 100% be accurate on what they can do. They may feel the pain (at least that's what their brain is telling them), but they aren't really preforming these feats. So any feat from Dangan 2 is a bust. Dangan 1 has more lower feats than higher one.

That doesn't matter dude. You can't just downgrade any knife/sword/baseball bat user or whatever. You can go ahead and try to downgrade Undertale or Assassin's Creed because characters get harmed by knives hundreds of times, but it won't go through.

Yes, it's PIS because that's what the series focus on. The anime debunks literally everything that has happened in the games so far. It was full bonkers in power aspect of the characters. It's like Zack Fair from FF7 Crisis Core (4-B) being harmed by bullets (which is pretty popular example of PIS), you won't just go and downgrade him. It was plot induced stupidity. Danganronpa is all about killing, so it would make no sense if nothing could kill the characters aside from 8-C bombs. It happens many time in fiction.

There's only one 9-A feat tho, meant to fake death while bombs arw considered able to kill Toko at point blank in UDG. Others feats are all below this one scene.

That doesn't matter dude. You can't just downgrade any knife/sword/baseball bat user or whatever. You can go ahead and try to downgrade Undertale or Assassin's Creed because characters get harmed by knives hundreds of times, but it won't go through.
You realize those are massive differences. Guess what, the weapons used in those games aren't natural knives or weapons, they're always shown to be strong. In Danganronpa, it's a ******* kitchen knife anyone has. And that's one of the several examples. Post better feats instead of arguing, "but this verse that", because those are massively different examples.

Yes, it's PIS because that's what the series focus on. The anime debunks literally everything that has happened in the games so far. It was full bonkers in power aspect of the characters.
Okay, and like I said prior, post scans. And prove the anime is canon as well, better not be a simple, "it's an adaptation of the original" argument. If anything, that would only be a contradiction, the games hold priority over the anime.
It's like Zack Fair from FF7 Crisis Core (4-B) being harmed by bullets (which is pretty popular example of PIS), you won't just go and downgrade him. It was plot induced stupidity.
Once again, massive difference. These characters aren't exactly consistently superhuman nor meant to be in all honesty. Using PIS as an argument doesn't work for this verse when they are consistently shown to be more on the weaker side. Hell, a 9-A being harmed by lesser things is more believable than a 4-B.

Danganronpa is all about killing, so it would make no sense if nothing could kill the characters aside from 8-C bombs. It happens many time in fiction.
Or, it makes sense that these teens that rarely show superhuman strength are harmed by anything another human would also die from.

>You realize those are massive differences. Guess what, the weapons used in those games aren't natural knives or weapons, they're always shown to be strong. In Danganronpa, it's a ******* kitchen knife anyone has. And that's one of the several examples. Post better feats instead of arguing, "but this verse that", because those are massively different examples.

I can continue the debate if you show me proof that the knives are any different than in verse like Undertale, because apparently all other knives are instantly supernatural.

This verse is full of supernatural stuff. I don't know why we should equalize it to the real world unlike other verses...

I can continue the debate if you show me proof that the knives are any different than in verse like Undertale, because apparently all other knives are instantly supernatural
Considering how many items in Undertale give STAT buffs by simply using them/wearing them, it should be blatantly not an average knife. If you're not going to post scans and be hellbent on the single knife feat and ignore any other point then that's a concession to me.

I just want to know your logic first and not continue until you respond. I'm not ignoring any other point and I said so in my previous post. I have MANY more examples of why knives don't need to be shown to have AP of exact tier to harm comparable characters, but who cares. You can ask some modmin on opinion.

>Okay, and like I said prior, post scans. And prove the anime is canon as well, better not be a simple, "it's an adaptation of the original" argument. If anything, that would only be a contradiction, the games hold priority over the anime.

What anime are we talking about? The Trigger Happy Havoc one? I'm talking about Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School. It's not an adaptation. It's absolutely canon, it was written by Kazutaka Kodaka and was written as conclusion to 1 and 2 storyline. When I have time for research, I'll post some feats, but it's weird I have to do so, because most are already on profiles.

>Once again, massive difference. These characters aren't exactly consistently superhuman nor meant to be in all honesty. Using PIS as an argument doesn't work for this verse when they are consistently shown to be more on the weaker side. Hell, a 9-A being harmed by lesser things is more believable than a 4-B.

Well, already stated what I needed to state and I'm ready any time to give more examples if you want. Also, characters in MANY verses aren't meant to be superhuman. For example Witcher, one of my favorite verses, normal soldiers are already 9-A for various reasons. But that doesn't mean anything, it's fiction.

Last edited:
What are the conclusions so far here?

Well right now the majority of the cast needs to be downgraded due to the only two 8-C calcs being revised or removed. Nekomaru and those who scale to him would be downgraded to 9-A based on his feat. However I did make an 8-C calc, though it has yet to be evaluated so I believe we're waiting on that first.

The current 9-As of the verse need to be downgraded to 9-C via scaling to Chiaki's calc, as they do not have any calcs that puts them at 9-A.

The classroom explosion is a little strange, it's actually possible they were never hit by the blast. The explosion was believe to have been strong enough to kill them, I think they escaped the classroom and the teacher just returned after the explosion. Also considering the explosion only destroyed the windows and dent some of the frames, it's possible it wasn't as powerful as it looked. Considering not even their chairs or desk were destroyed, just knocked over.

Due to the ambiguous nature of the "feat", I believe it should be dropped all together.

Last edited:
9-C may be a bit low tho. Even Naegi's fall in his execution would be some kind of 9-B iirc

Back