• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa Downgrades

Are we certain, depending on what he land on it could've mitigated the impact. Also falling on the ground from your standing height would actually be 9-C, but humans aren't given 9-C durability, this is due to how the energy spreads through out your body when you hit the ground.

Someone over 5x baseline 9-C should be able to survive a fall from even terminal velocity with only very minor injures considering that.

Last edited:
I did always think the current 9-A justification is wack, and agree with the downgrading. Not only is the feat a bit ambiguous, but weaker explosions are constantly shown as very deadly, and all the other stuff that's been said already.

TheRustyOne seems to make sense to me.

Maybe Makoto's feat isn't the best example, so I'll just make something to put it to 9-B later if there's enough feats.

Regardless I obviously still agree with removing 9-A.

wait why are we assuming that they didn't take the blast when it clearly shows that they did ?

They were never shown tanking the blast, period. We never saw the explosion happen while they're in the room.

A screen turning to white doesn't mean anything, you cannot say they tanked it from that. They weren't in the room after the explosion, and the blast was thought to have killed them. Also this supposed High 8-C explosion didn't even damage their chairs or desk, just destroyed some windows. The explosion was too big from the outside as well, which appears that the blast was mostly for show, or the charges were on the windows.

Actually since they're desk were completely intact, they could've used them as shields if they didn't leave the room.

Since there are multiple ways they could've survived that explosion, there isn't any reason to assume they tanked it anymore then any other method I mentioned. In cases like these we just drop the feat for simplicity sake.

okay but most of this is headcanon the explosion happened immediately after she pressed the button but let's say that the students didn't tank it Chisa still tanked it because she was still in the classroom waiting for Kyosuke and we also see her get damaged
bb33b44c7ddded468ed6f8ee38528a48.jpg

994b66f678cabb6b0303e9164b076d10.jpg

also most of chairs are destroyed
2743c1cb65c8e74eaf00101bf0bc0124.jpg

and the wall was almost destroyed (keep in mind that the school is huge)
3bb0bf9c98535938f33af30fe53c2ef2.jpg

so it would still scale to Chisa also no it's not an outlier she's one of the strongest charcaters being somewhat equal to peko iirc

I mean outlier for low tier such as Chiaki, not Chisa.

Although I don't really see somethind indicating damage she would scale to 9-A new calc anyway.

The screen turning to white doesn't equal the explosion happened instantly, I'm not listing all the reason again. Nothing is pointing to her tanking it, the explosion was believe to have killed all of the students, yet no one questions how Chisa survived if she was in the room.

An explosion of that size is believed in universe to have killed them, they don't scale to it.

The explosion isn't 9-A it's High 8-C, it's 5x higher than Nekomaru's 8-C feat. Also why is Chisa equal to Peko, who isn't High 8-C.

Also do not upload images like that it clogs up the thread.

sure but she still tanked it and in universe it was believed that it killed the students not chisa (the teacher)
Peko scales to makuro who scales to sakura and sakura is above nekomaru

You do know Peko was there too, and they thought it killed her. Also Kyosuke if I remember fought Peko actually, believed that explosion killed them, which means he believes that blast could kill him. Unless he's really stupid.

You didn't answer my question, why is the teacher equal to Peko?

i actually don't understand what you're trying to say here
chisa didn't flinch when she was attacked by peko she also blizted her and took her sword away without her noticing

I haven't seen the anime, why do you think I'm asking for feats or clarification.

Please provide source/episode number.

also i don't get the "it was believed to have killed them " argument because aside from the students themselves no saw the explosion the reserve course all commited suicide and none of the teachers witnessed the explosion aside from junko and izuru also why is Kyosuke being used as an argument ? when he knows nothing about the students his whole goal revolves around the school not the students

it'a in episode 1 despair arc
here's a shot by shot of what happened while peko was sitting closing her eyes she notices chisa and attacks her peko gets surprised chisa did not even flinch then some guy makes a dirty joke in this shot peko clearly holds her sword then chisa takes it away and yeets the guy noticed after that peko realizes that the sword was taken away

I don't see why Chisa scales to Peko's AP, she didn't hit her nor did Chisa overpower her. This looks like speed scaling but that's it.

Kyosuke fought Peko did he not, I saw that in one of the trailers, was it removed?

Either way they will not scale to the full High 8-C explosion, reason being the inverse square law, which would likely drop the results to either 9-A or 9-B. However it's impossible to calc since we don't know where the charges were set.

So at best I can see them being baseline 9-B via surviving the explosion if everyone thinks they actually tanked it.

Honestly 9-C or POSSIBLY 9-B would be better. Not sure how many wall level feats there are, best I can think of are the ones from Ultimate Despair Girls. Well, at least for Genocide Jack, Komaru requires her Megaphone.

i mean chisa was portrayed to be stronger than her althought to be honest i don't remember most of her feats
because DR3 sucked and i never rewatched it ever again
yeah kyosuke fights peko later iirc

So is this right?

Chiaki and those comparable = 9-C (Via Chiaki's feat) or Possibly 9-B (For surviving the explosion)

Nekomaru and those comparable = 9-A (Nekomaru's Crater feat) or 8-C (Depending on the evaluation of my calc)

That was already discussed a long time ago I believe, it was discarded for reasons I don't know about. Have to ask someone more familiar with the verse than me.

Town level+ and Sub-Relativistic speed is a text book outlier though, literally over thousands of times higher than any other feat in the verse.

Also we don't use Kinetic Energy like that anymore, so it's not acceptable either way.

Well no it's not canon, since that event never happened.

It's a what if story so... I actually don't know are stance is on what ifs stories.

Also isn't Danganronpa Togami not canon period, since information in the book contradict what happens in the anime. I don't know the details.

pretty sure that IF happened it's just a what if story based on alternate dimensions
yeah pretty sure togami stuff is not used here it contradicts some stuff

Nothing, I said that's what I think.

I basically said it's my head canon... what's the problem?

The screen turning to white doesn't equal the explosion happened instantly, I'm not listing all the reason again.
She pressed the button on screen and then the screen turned White. How can you ignore her pressing the button on screen?

pretty sure it was resolved that she survived the explosion it's just that the explosion will be 9-A due to math stuff

I get that. Its just some are arguing while reading the thread, that the feat didn't happened.

She pressed the button on screen and then the screen turned White. How can you ignore her pressing the button on screen?
I don't believe that anyone tank the explosion, it didn't happen the moment she pressed the button a few seconds passed by. An explosion wouldn't make the screen turn white, that's just an effect for the show/anime/thing whatever you call it.

They could've easily walked out of the room in that time.

Like I said I don't care about it, since the feat is 9-B for them at best since we don't know where the explosion happened in the room. Inverse Square law.

I'm not arguing anything, I said my head canon and left it as that after people disagreed. I'll never agree to them tanking the explosion but guess what I'm outnumbered, so stop talking about it.

but it wouldn't make sense for chisa to press the button
leave for a few mintues do something
make her clothes scattered by doing something
and then come back to the classroom and pretened to be knocked out

I don't believe that anyone tank the explosion, it didn't happen the moment she pressed the button a few seconds passed by.
Danganronpa Speed Upgrade for leaving the room and getting far enough away in those 2 seconds when? Actually, Speed scaling for other characters on Chisa's tier for leaving the room and coming back in the instant when the screen went white.

An explosion wouldn't make the screen turn white, that's just an effect for the show/anime/thing whatever you call it.
To indicate an explosion happened in that moment like a lot of other series with explosions.

They could've easily walked out of the room in that time.
Danganronpa Speed Upgrade when?

9-B for them at best since we don't know where the explosion happened in the room
Since every walls has relatively equal destruction, the only assumption where the explosion happened is the center of the room. VSBW has a possibility rating for a reason.

I love that you can't drop this when everyone already disagrees with me. Guess what I still don't think they tanked it and never will, stop acting like I'm arguing for that. I literally stated they're going to be scaling to it now.

Do you want me to leave, sure I'll leave then if that's what you want. I'm not here to make anyone angry, sorry if I offended you but I will forever disagree.

I'm unfollowing I guess.

i mean i get why you're disagreeing with the students
but i don't get why you're disagreeing with chisa tanking it

So is this right?

Chiaki and those comparable = 9-C (Via Chiaki's feat) or Possibly 9-B (For surviving the explosion)

Nekomaru and those comparable = 9-A (Nekomaru's Crater feat) or 8-C (Depending on the evaluation of my calc)
This seems better, although is the Nekomaru feat for his normal self or robot?

Eh, I guess no one but Neko, Monokuma, Sakura and others would scale since they're high tier and not even Akane could harm him.

Back