• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa changes

So I was looking at the Danganronpa pages and I noticed a few issues

First Naegi survived the crash of falling for over 9 seconds head first with his arms and legs bound, which should put him around wall level durability, not athletic human

Toko Fukawa was considered a writing prodigy, so she likely has above average intelligence, and Genocider Syo was successful in evading the police for however long she was at large, so she's likely above average intelligence as well

Junko Enoshima was fine after being in a rocket crash that took her pretty close to the moon and back in a matter of seconds, at the very least it should have been falling around re-entry speeds, even without accounting for the mass of the rocket that would put her durability at around building level

A Monokuma survived falling off a rocket that had been traveling at escape velocity for 5 seconds, and made it to outer space in 8 seconds, which would likely put it around wall level durability, and it was also capable of using voodoo on someone, although I'm not sure if this would actually apply since it happened in Danganronpa 2 which takes place in a virtual world

In the anime Monokuma matched and took blows from Sakura, who is considered room level based on Mukuro's page, although I don't know if this was in the game.

Also I was wondering if Monokuma should have his various execution devices from the first game (a fire truck, excavator, a rocket that can travel to outer space/near the moon in a few seconds, a gun that fires baseballs at very high speeds, and whatever it was that electrocuted Mondo/turned him to butter) as standard equipment and if the rocket could be used as AP and travel speed with prep.

First Naegi survived the crash of falling for over 9 seconds head first with his arms and legs bound, which should put him around wall level durability, not athletic Human

Toko Fukawa was considered a writing prodigy, so she likely has above average intelligence, and Genocider Syo was successful in evading the police for however long she was at large, so she's likely above average intelligence as well

Junko Enoshima was fine after being in a rocket crash that took her pretty close to the moon and back in a matter of seconds, at the very least it should have been falling around re-entry speeds, even without accounting for the mass of the rocket that would put her durability at around building level

I think that the above quoted text seems reasonable.

Alright, I've made the edits to Fukawa and Naegi's pages and made a request for the rocket feat to be calced.

Barely any AP feats from Danganronpa, but quite a number of Durability feats. Wow.

Also, there's one thing I want to take a look at; Hajime's speed. During the side-on sections, he seems to be able to run quite fast. Using the airport as an example, and taking the average length of a runway:

The the average length of an airport runway is about 1829 metres. Doing general running speed, Hajime only takes about 10 seconds to run from one end of the airport to the other. The airport likely includes more stuff than just the runway, so we can round it up to 2000 metres. 2000 metres in 10 seconds means running 200 metres every second, which is clear cut Subsonic+.

But wait, there's more. As well as regular running speed, there's also some kind of quick-run function. Doing this, Hajime can basically run from one end of the airport to the other in only about 1 second, which translates to Hypersonic. I don't know whether to measure this as actual speed or not, but I'm just throwing it out there.

In any case, this is just speculation. I'll let one of the experts deal with it.

Hello? Anyone there? Are we going to look at Hajime's speed or not? Also, considering that Mukuro could fight off over 100 Monokumas at once, she'd probably be slightly higher than 9-A

Lasatar said:
Hello? Anyone there? Are we going to look at Hajime's speed or not? Also, considering that Mukuro could fight off over 100 Monokumas at once, she'd probably be slightly higher than 9-A
Ah yes, Mukuro. She's my favorite character in DR. And despite her lack of presense in canon, she's at least prominent in Zero and is the main protag in If.

I agree with you. Mukuro should be "At least 9-A, possibly higher". After all, she did match Sakura Oogami in a fight. And she could very likely defeat her in "Battle Trance". Also, Genocider Syo was fast enough to dodge all of Sakura's attacks, before she eventually got caught by Sakura. This means that all three girls should scale with each other, with Mukuro having the highest stats among all three. Why? Because she fought 100 Monokumas at once, using an improvised weapon, dodging EVERY single claw attack, while also dodging turret fire. That is INSANE.

Heck, I bet if you replace Genocider Syo with Mukuro in Another Episode, she'd perform way better than the killer. Maybe.

And about Hajime... If it's not gameplay mechanics, then I will agree to Subsonic+ Hajime. (I like how his speed matches the three toughest DR girls; foreshadows his REAL talent)

I agree with pretty much everything Shiny said.

The Subsonic+ sounds good, although the hypersonic sounds like gameplay mechanics (unless there's some sort of explanation in the game for the fast travel)

Also, if Mukuro was dodging turrets shouldn't her speed be higher? Or at the very least it should be added that she's incredibly skilled at aim dodging in her powers and abilities?

Blahblah9755 said:
I agree with pretty much everything Shiny said.
The Subsonic+ sounds good, although the hypersonic sounds like gameplay mechanics (unless there's some sort of explanation in the game for the fast travel)

Also, if Mukuro was dodging turrets shouldn't her speed be higher? Or at the very least it should be added that she's incredibly skilled at aim dodging in her powers and abilities?
If you agree with everything I said, does that mean you also like Mukuro? Yay, another fan of her!

About that dodging feat... How could she aim dodge those turrets if the swarm of Monokumas literally block out her vision from said turrets? But yeah, I at least think she should be faster than Genocider Syo, who blitz through multiple Monokumas. So "At least Subsonic+, likely higher" for Mukuro?

KaenDragneel123 said:
Why is Monokuma 9-A?
Being Honest, his feats seems more like 9-B instead...
I thinks it's because Monokuma can match Sakura, and Sakura is strong enough to keep up with Genocider Syo, who is listed as "Possibly 9-A" due to being able to swing scissors hard enough to easily cut through metal. But I haven't played Another Episode, so I only know a lot about Mukuro since I read IF and Zero.

Actually I haven't read the novels yet, sorry, but from what I've heard she does seem awesome.

Anyway, dodging military grade turrets (which I assume these were) is a supersonic+ feat, since naval turrets fire at about 870 m/s and sentry turrets at 890 m/s (both just above Mach 2.5) according to Wikipedia. And since she seemed to be constantly dodging them while fighting off Monokumas, it's unlikely that she moves/reacts slower than the bullets do.

I really just brought up the aim dodging because we seem to treat that oddly sometimes.

Toko/Genocide Jack (combined with Komaru) can take out Big Bang Monokuma. That means that both of their AP would be about half of BBM's Dura. With BBM's massive size, it would be at least building level. As Building level is 8-C, half of that being classified as 9-A seems about right.

That means that Genocide Jack is 9-A. She is faster than Sakura, but less powerful. That means that Sakura is 9-A as well. Sakura lost a fight against Monokuma, making Monokuma 9-A. Mukuro can fight over a hundred Monokumas at once, making her way higher than any of the other characters. Does that make sense?

As for Hajime, I wasn't expecting the fast-run to count. I was just throwing it out there. Subsonic+ seems accurate though, considering that other characters can get up there no problem.

Also, in regards to Izuru. Izuru possesses every kind of talent ever. Taking in the other Danganronpa feats, that would make Izuru on par, or even higher, than Mukuro. Does that seem accurate?

One more thing; AI Junko. What would the limits of AI Junko be? She can't affect the real world from within the neo world program, but she has nigh-omnipotence over the neo-world program. That begs the question: How big is the Neo World Program? I would say "At Least Island level", due to well, Jabberwock Island.

I lied. This one is about Toko. Toko is shown to be able to take the same attacks that GJ can take, also taking no damage. This is hard evidence that Toko has Building level Durability in regular form, and not just GJ form.

Whew, that's a lot to consider, Lasatar. Okay, first things first, by order.

I agree with 9-A GJ and Sakura. And yeah, Mukuro should be higher than both of them due to fighting off 100 Monokuma units. So maybe Mukuro match Big Bang Monokuma? Maybe? No valid evidence for her matching BBM though. But Mukuro should definitely be in the higher leagues of 9-A.

Izuru should be slightly higher than Mukuro. I mean, he took out Shirokuma and Kurokuma with his BARE HANDS. So on par with the soldier, but still higher. He should also be much more intelligent, due to having ALL talents. Does Awakened Hinata (The one with Nanami) scale to Izuru or not?

Not so sure about that. I mean, it's just a simulation.

Yeah, I can agree with Touko being the high... In Dura only though.

Blahblah9755 said:
Actually I haven't read the novels yet, sorry, but from what I've heard she does seem awesome.
Anyway, dodging military grade turrets (which I assume these were) is a supersonic+ feat, since naval turrets fire at about 870 m/s and sentry turrets at 890 m/s (both just above Mach 2.5) according to Wikipedia. And since she seemed to be constantly dodging them while fighting off Monokumas, it's unlikely that she moves/reacts slower than the bullets do.

I really just brought up the aim dodging because we seem to treat that oddly sometimes.
Really? Well damn, someone upgrade Mukuro.

Also, in the novel she was flawlessly dodging both the Monokumas and the turrets in her Battle Trance. And unless she was preprogrammed to dodge the trajectory of the bullets like the Monokumas were, I doubt Mukuro was "aim dodging". So we'll be needing a speed upgrade for Mukuro. But the next question is; who scales to her Supersonic+ speed? Obviously not Monokuma, since they were aim-dodging (Or preprogrammed to dodge). Izuru only, maybe? He does have ALL talents and as Lasatar said, he could be equal or greater than Mukuro.

There is literally no way we can measure Awakened Hajime, which is why I left him as unknown. However, it is safe to assume that the Hajime we see in the epilogue is awakened hajime as well, despite having his original hair colour. As the force shutdown was triggered, this Hajime should have all of his memories and abilities from before entering the NWP, making him on par with Izuru (after all, he is Izuru).

Izuru scaling to Mukuro is speculation, but it seems likely. After all, like SMG posted, he destroyed Shirokuma and Kurokuma with his bare hands, despite the fact that Komaru and Toko together couldn't even destroy Kurokuma, despite the fact they could take out Big Bang Monokuma. Does that make Izuru higher than BBM? I don't know.

For Toko, I didn't say anything about anything other than Durability. I certainly can't picture Toko punching a wall over. Can you?

For Mukuro, I'm all in for upgrading her speed. She'd have to be way higher than any of the other characters to be able to pull off something like that. As for whether Izuru scales or not, it seems likely, but I think we should just leave it as unknown for now.

Also, just so you know, I worked out Makoto's age in Trigger Happy Havoc. It's 19. There's a few reasons why this is the case, but it's not that important, so I'll leave it at that.

Lasatar said:
For Toko, I didn't say anything about anything other than Durability. I certainly can't picture Toko punching a wall over. Can you?

For Mukuro, I'm all in for upgrading her speed. She'd have to be way higher than any of the other characters to be able to pull off something like that. As for whether Izuru scales or not, it seems likely, but I think we should just leave it as unknown for now.
Yup, Mukuro's speed should be around Supersonic+ for effortlessly dodging military grade turrets, like what Blahblah9975 said about the turrets.

Well, someone better get around to these upgrades then. I've got my hands full with MH stuff at the moment, so I'll be providing nothing but imput unfortunately.

Okay so I'll make the edits, but first I wanna make sure there's nothing I missed:

Mukuro: speed-supersonic+ (Effortlessly dodged military grade turrets) AP/Dura- at least small building level likely higher (same as current reasoning)

Hajime: base speed-subsonic+ (crossed an airport and runway in 10 seconds) as Izuru speed- unknown likely supersonic+ (should possess Mukuro's talent as the ultimate soldier) Izuru AP/Dura- unknown, likely small building to building level (should possess Mukuro's talent as the Ultimate Soldier and Genocider Syo's talent as the Ultimate Murderous Fiend, defeated Kurokuma with his bare hands, who may be stronger than Big Bang Monokuma) Awakened speed/Dura/AP- Unknown, possibly higher

Fukawa: base Dura- building level (can tank the same attacks as Genocider Syo with no damage)

Junko: AI AP- likely at least island level within the Neo World Program, (has nigh-absolute control over the Neo World Program, which includes Jabberwock island, a volcano on a distant island as seen in TeruTeru's punishment, a seperate small island as seen in Peko's punishment, and outer space as seen in Mikan's punishment)

Monokuma: Dura- room level (managed to take an attack from Sakura Oogami)

Is there anything I missed?

Edit: I've included Lasatar's suggestions

For Awakened Hajime, it should be "Unknown. Possibly Higher" rather than "Likely Higher". He doesn't really appear to do that many extra feats than Izuru did, since defeating AI Junko was Usami's work. That reminds me; Usami/Monomi when equipped with the Magic Stick should be comparable to AI Junko, and comparable to a Monobeast when not.

As for Monokuma's durability, it's tempting. He usually dodges attacks, but in Danganronpa IF, he clearly takes a blow from Sakura without exploding. That would make his Durability equal to Sakura's AP.

Blahblah9755 said:
Okay so I'll make the edits, but first I wanna make sure there's nothing I missed:
Mukuro: speed-supersonic+ (Effortlessly dodged military grade turrets) AP/Dura- at least small building level likely higher (same as current reasoning)

Hajime: base speed-subsonic+ (crossed an airport and runway in 10 seconds) as Izuru speed- unknown likely supersonic+ (should possess Mukuro's talent as the ultimate soldier) Izuru AP/Dura- unknown, likely small building to building level (should possess Mukuro's talent as the Ultimate Soldier and Genocider Syo's talent as the Ultimate Murderous Fiend, defeated Kurokuma with his bare hands, who may be stronger than Big Bang Monokuma) Awakened speed/Dura/AP- Unknown, likely higher

Fukawa: base Dura- building level (can tank the same attacks as Genocider Syo with no damage)

Junko: AI AP- likely at least island level within the Neo World Program, (has nigh-absolute control over the Neo World Program, which includes Jabberwock island, a volcano on a distant island as seen in TeruTeru's punishment, a seperate small island as seen in Peko's punishment, and outer space as seen in Mikan's punishment)

Should Monokuma's durability be upgraded for fighting Oogami, or left the same?

Is there anything I missed?
Looks good. As for Monokuma, what Lasatar said. Though shouldn't we ask an admin first about the upgrades?

I think Awakened Hajime should have the same stats as the martial artists/metahumans in this series, seeing as he is Ultimate Talent iirc. So it would be best to find feats for them in particular.

KaenDragneel123 said:
Why Island level AI Junko?
She's only island level in the Neo World Program. Since she can control the entire island. And Usami with the Magic Stick IN Neo World Program should scale to her as well.

I repeat, Island level only applies to AI Junko in the Neo World Program.

Yes, she can. Didn't you ever finish Another Episode? In that, she is literally both Kurokuma and Shirokuma at the same time. As it's already been established that Kurokuma could be stronger than BBM...I don't really need to explain further, do I?

Also, I just realised something; Izuru destroys Kuro/Shirokuma, which are AI Junko, and Hajime defeats AI Junko in the NWP. Coincidence?

You didn't understand me

I mean that she can exist like... Like the way she appears as a gigantic Junko, but she obviously exists inside another dispositive

Sorry, I wasn't sure if I should make the upgrades, but since Kaen only had a problem with AI Junko, I've made all the upgrades except hers.

Also, I was wondering, should we have separate tiers for AI Junko as Shiro/Kurokuma (building level subsonic), and AI Junko in the Neo World Program?

That's going a bit too far. I reckon that Shirokuma and Kurokuma can be separate pages, just like Monokuma is.

In any case, the upgrades look good. Good job. If anyone else wants to present anything, now is the time to do it.

Also, with Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy coming out right now, we'll probably have a few upgrades in the near future (yes, I went there.)

Lasatar said:
Also, with Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy coming out right now, we'll probably have a few upgrades in the near future (yes, I went there.)
Yup, the anime was spectacular. Danganronpa delivers yet again. :D

Back