• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monokuma and Junko merge + V3 Monobears revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a Danganronpa thread after a long long time.

Monokuma/Junko merge

This is something that roamed around my head since I first saw the Danganronpa profiles, and yeah, was very odd.

I believe that Monokuma and Junko should be merged because...

1) Monokuma is Junko, the entire plot of THH is about Junko using Monokuma as a disguise to not get recognized until Chapter 6 where the main cast listed so many evidences that irrefutably show that they're the same, so she stops controlling that thing and just shows up herself.

2) In Danganronpa IF is said multiple times that Junko directly controls Monokuma in the following scenarios:
  1. Is said that Junko can control multiple Monokumas
  2. Junko speaks through Monokuma as seen here and here
  3. Junko is said again that she controls the Monokumas she uses against Mukuro and shortly after the fight between Mukuro and all the Monokumas is said to be like a conversation between the two sisters
Basically Monokuma is literally nothing but a device that Junko uses to interact with the world while hiding to not reveal herself, so I think that the profiles should be merged.

BUT WHAT ABOUT V3 Monokuma?

V3 case is honestly... odd. Because in this case Monokuma seems to be somehow sentient like the Monocubs (plus he speaks as a separate thing from Tsumugi all the time) so that version can keep to be its own profile, unlike the main Monokuma which is a robot that cannot do anything without Junko controlling it. The different personalities is not exactly a strong argument against this, as Junko showcases like 5 different personalities (I do not remember exactly how much but still) through all the Chapter 6 trial, so she simply has used her "Monokuma personality" if anything.

V3 Monobears downgrade

I have initially suggested an "Unknown" for them, but I think that 10-C fits best. They're not even 1 meter tall, and get killed from very mundane things like Kirumi falling on Monosuke (that is like 9-B at best and I do not think a human body would be destroyed like that).

Yeah, Monotaro typed so fast that his hands got fire from the friction, but the keyboard did not get any damage at all, meaning that KE does not apply to it.

So the V3 Monobears will go from Unknown to 10-C.

Last edited:
Seems about right. The best way to put it... Monokuma is basically Billy the Puppet from SAW if Junko were Jigsaw himself.

Now that I think, shouldn't Junko get Superhuman LS because of her holding Monokuma in her arms very causally during Chapter 6? Monokuma has a lot of machinery inside of him, and given the gag nature of Junko's physicals, no one should scale to this except her.
I dunno. That kinda closes avenues for finding lifting strength feats for the other Dangan Rompa characters. Lifting an animatronic isn't exactly too farfetched.

Yeah, this is fine. Though given Monokuma’s just 75 cm tall, it may not be that impressive. I’ll give it a try, though.

Yeah, this is fine. Though given Monokuma’s just 75 cm tall, it may not be that impressive. I’ll give it a try, though.
Yeah, that might make the feat not all that impressive. What does that make him? Eight times as heavy as that Pikachu animatronic in the Pokemon Presents that happened this year?

Mondo has also had it in his hands, and has even thrown it

Doesn't mistake it for a stuffed animal even while holding it? I don't remember

An idea would be to give "Monokuma" as redirect for Junko and rename the current Monokuma page to just "Monokuma (V3)" or something.

I do not agree. While Junko uses Monokuma to communicate and convey her message to others, it does not necessarily mean that she is the only one who can use it. Access to the control room grants anyone the capability to use Monokuma for their own purposes.

While Monokuma is essentially a device made for Junko to operate anonymously, it can also be operated by others in practical terms.

That being said, the aspect that I think would support this proposal that I can get behind is the fact that Monokuma and Junko are the same character in Danganronpa 2. However, this is as far as my agreement extends.

I do not agree. While Junko uses Monokuma to communicate and convey her message to others, it does not necessarily mean that she is the only one who can use it. Access to the control room grants anyone the capability to use Monokuma for their own purposes.

While Monokuma is essentially a device made for Junko to operate anonymously, it can also be operated by others in practical terms.
But who else did use Monokuma outside of Junko? I dunno if my memory is bad on this but I don't remember a single instance of someone else using Monokuma.

We give weapons their own page only if multiple characters used that weapon in the same way in the verse. But no one used that specific Monokuma model outside of Junko, that's the thing.

But who else did use Monokuma outside of Junko? I dunno if my memory is bad on this but I don't remember a single instance of someone else using Monokuma.

We give weapons their own page only if multiple characters used that weapon in the same way in the verse. But no one used that specific Monokuma model outside of Junko, that's the thing.
There was an instance where someone else briefly used Monokuma, but it was only for a non-combat purpose.

But I guess, I understand your point and I agree with it. I cannot find any valid reason to disagree with anything in the thread, so you can count me in as in agreement.

As for V3, all I can say is agree as it is my weakest point and I agree with what you said since it makes sense

There was an instance where someone else briefly used Monokuma, but it was only for a non-combat purpose.

But I guess, I understand your point and I agree with it. I cannot find any valid reason to disagree with anything in the thread, so you can count me in as in agreement.

As for V3, all I can say is agree as it is my weakest point and I agree with what you said since it makes sense
I made this sandbox for a merged Junko/Monokuma in the meantime For the V3 version I'll just have to remove everything from the existing profile but the V3 stuff.

I'm not saying they should scale, I'm just saying they should have the same key, like "At least 8-A, Unknown/higher as Alter Ego Junko"

So for the calc, a 7 ft (2.1336 meters) tall teddy bear weighs 20 lbs (9.07185 kg). Monokuma is 0.75 meters tall.

(0.75/2.1336)^3*9.07185 is 0.39404030161 kg

Density of cotton is 448 kg/m^3 while the density of steel is 7850 kg/m^3.

(0.39404030161/448)*7850 is 6.90450082062 kg, or Below Average Human

Expected disappointing result
Should bring up that cotton isn't the most solid-looking material out there, especially not the cotton fluff used to stuff teddy bears with.

That being said, the aspect that I think would support this proposal that I can get behind is the fact that Monokuma and Junko are the same character in Danganronpa 2. However, this is as far as my agreement extends.
Alright so, verse is nigh-obscure in the vs community and no one really disagreed so I believe is fine to apply this.

I'd like you to do something before I apply the things given I have free time rn.
  • Give "Monokuma" as a redirect name to Junko
  • Rename the Monokuma page to "Monokuma (V3)" WITH NO REDIRECT
  • The "Articles about Monokuma" thing should be put also on Junko's page, with the following change:
Main ContinuityV3Comic Antology

Alright so, verse is nigh-obscure in the vs community and no one really disagreed so I believe is fine to apply this.

I'd like you to do something before I apply the things given I have free time rn.
  • Give "Monokuma" as a redirect name to Junko
  • Rename the Monokuma page to "Monokuma (V3)" WITH NO REDIRECT
  • The "Articles about Monokuma" thing should be put also on Junko's page, with the following change:
Main ContinuityV3Comic Antology
Okay, sure. You're going to apply the merge now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back