• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my knowledgeable, this is not how it works.
Higher Dimensional Existence means that the character, or in this case the Soul, exist in an higher plane of existence. But for this to be true, there needs to be evidence that said higher plane is actually higher and not a simple Universe.
This means that said plane needs to meet the requirement of Higher Dimensions, like the lower dimension being infinitely smaller than the higher ones or a Reality - Fiction difference.
Thats automatic glorious 1C(9D) HDE not some dinky ass 9D HDE.

Thats automatic glorious 1C(9D) HDE not some dinky ass 9D HDE.
Sorry, but I am not sure if I understand what you are saying.
But in case what I said wasn't clear, my argument is that for something to be Higher Dimensional there needs to be evidence that the dimension they exists in is actually higher.
A place being called 9th dimension is not enough to give this place a 1-C rating, so if that place is not 1-C, so higher dimensional, what exists in there wont qualify as higher dimensional.

Sorry, but I am not sure if I understand what you are saying.
But in case what I said wasn't clear, my argument is that for something to be Higher Dimensional there needs to be evidence that the dimension they exists in is actually higher.
A place being called 9th dimension is not enough to give this place a 1-C rating, so if that place is not 1-C, so higher dimensional, what exists in there wont qualify as higher dimensional.
We are talking about the HDE size of souls.

Not the tier of the ""Higher Plane"". 1C AP was already postponed for later CRT. Especially 1C Demon World.

Also please look up HDE page and Tier FAQ page.

We are talking about the HDE size of souls.

Not the tier of the ""Higher Plane"". 1C AP was already postponed for later CRT. Especially 1C Demon World.

Also please look up HDE page and Tier FAQ page.
I don't have much time to argue, so I will ask DontTalkDT to come here give a look.
Regardless, could you give a link to the FAQ you are talking about?

I don't have much time to argue, so I will ask DontTalkDT to come here give a look.
Ultima's the guy you should talk to instead, he handles the Tiering System-related stuff now.

Regardless, could you give a link to the FAQ you are talking about?

This is the FAQ that was posted before, right? If the part that you are talking about is the one that was shared before, than I am not sure I understand the argument considering that it actually seem to support my point.

"One of the more straightforward ways to qualify for Tier 2 and up through higher dimensions is by affecting whole higher-dimensional universes which can embed the whole of lower-dimensional ones within themselves. For example: A cosmology where the entirety of our 3-dimensional universe is in fact a subset of a much greater 4-dimensional space, or generalizations of this same scenario to higher numbers of dimensions; i.e A cosmology where the four-dimensional spacetime continuum is just the infinitesimal surface of a 5-dimensional object, and etc."

In that part, it is mentioned that the 5-dimensional object need to be infinitely bigger than the 4-dimensional object. So the Soul to be 9-D would need evidences of being infinitely bigger than a 8-D object.

Regardless, I am not too interested in this revision, so I will let other talk about this.

real life higher dimensions are theories with many different interpretations, and assuming which one a fiction follows, if any, without evidence is just wrong. i don't care what the mods think. it's factually illogical thinking and jumping to conclusion.
yeah, I'd like to call BS on that. the term "dimension" mathematically & physically refers to the number of axes an object could move in. meaning "a fundamental 9 Dimensional form" exists across 9 different axes of motion. because of the way dimensions work in physics & math. higher dimensions would have an infinitely greater volume than lower ones. that is what the soul qualifies for just from what we got in the statement alone. it's even noted in the Tiering system FAQ :

Are higher-dimensional beings infinitely larger than lower-dimensional equivalents?​

In a way, yes, though not how most would think when using this word. Basically, an arbitrary object of dimension n is essentially comprised by the total sum of uncountably infinite objects of one dimension less, which may be described as lower-dimensional "slices", each corresponding to one of the infinite points of a line. For instance, a square is made of infinitely many line segments (Lined up on the y-axis), a cube of infinitely many squares (Lined up on the z-axis), and so on.

One may think of it as a multiplication between sets: For instance, the unit square [0,1]² may be expressed as the product of two unit intervals [0,1] x [0,1], which itself can be visualized as taking "copies" of the first interval and lining them up along each point of the second interval, of which there are uncountably infinitely-many, thus forming a square out of infinite line segments.
now is HDE reserved only for tier 1 or 2? No. they aren't. an object can have HDE and still not be tier 1 and above as explained here in the FAQ :

Are higher-dimensional beings infinitely stronger than lower-dimensional equivalents?​

Unintuitive as that may be: Not necessarily, as a number of characteristics through which we quantify the strength or power of a character can remain unchanged when transitioning between higher and lower dimensions. For example: Mass is a quantity that is detached from the dimension of the object which it is inherent to, and unlike volume is not divided in units corresponding to each particular dimension (1-volume [length], 2-volume [area], 3-volume, 4-volume...). It is singular in nature and its units equally apply to all dimensions; whether it is distributed over an area or a volume only tells us about the span of space in which it is spread, not about the quantity itself.

As a consequence of that, much of the calculation methods which are used to measure strength apply equally to both higher and lower dimensions, as they do not care about the extra variables and often work with a single one of them. Examples of this are kinetic energy (Ek=0.5*M*V^2), force (F=M*A), work (W=F*d), and etc.

An intuitive example of that is found in the general definition of Work as defined in physics: In essence, as work itself denotes the energy applied to an object as it is displaced along a given path, the basic formula for calculating it only takes into account a single variable, and the path itself is treated as an one-dimensional object, regardless of the dimension of the space in which the action itself takes place.

Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one, and thus, they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown, and the same applies to lower dimensions as well.

Do note, however, that them not qualifying for Tier 2 and above doesn't mean they are "fake" higher-dimensional beings or anything of the sort. It is simply that being higher-dimensional does not inherently mean they have infinite power in the first place, as explained above.
this is due to the fact that while Higher-dimensional objects have an infinitely greater size than lower ones it doesn't mean they have infinitely greater energy or mass this is the requirement for tier 1. also while I am here I'd like to address this :
Again you have one random statement about a demon soul, while we have numerous cutscenes on devil arms, one of them from Cerberus flat out saying it's his own soul, being a 3-D object. This one statement is not enough as it raises way too many questions on what the hell devil arms are supposed to be in the first place, which once again,
this argument is completely absurd on so many levels. not only is it impossible to denote the dimension of an object from the way it looks (because if a higher dimensional object were to enter our universe it will look perfectly 3D to us) but it downgrades half the verses with HDE & BDE on the wiki as almost all of them have higher dimensional objects depicted 3D visually and have 1 statement to back HDE up. now as to why higher dimensions would look 3D to us, imagine you're a 2D being, and someone whose 3D throws his hands onto your field of view, you would view those hands as 2D from your perspective. that's why souls being visually 3D is irrelevant here. as to the beings in the HW who are capable of only observing 3D things. they appear 3D to them

Last edited:
I have seen characters been called as 13 Dimensional, even though it wasn't enough for 1-B. It did give higher Dimensional Existence.

"One of the more straightforward ways to qualify for Tier 2 and up through higher dimensions is by affecting whole higher-dimensional universes which can embed the whole of lower-dimensional ones within themselves. For example: A cosmology where the entirety of our 3-dimensional universe is in fact a subset of a much greater 4-dimensional space, or generalizations of this same scenario to higher numbers of dimensions; i.e A cosmology where the four-dimensional spacetime continuum is just the infinitesimal surface of a 5-dimensional object, and etc."
Dear thats Tier 1 AP via HDE.
Which we already postponed for next CRT.

What people are protesting against is no longer even the scope of the CRT.

-Soul getting 9-D seems A-ok. The scan seems pretty clear about it. How that HDE is combat-applicable or which aspects of the HDE page apply to the souls in here, I have no idea. But regardless, agree on the 9-D soul.

-The Regeneration part does seem at least Mid-Godly, but is it possible to clarify why specifically High-Godly? As far as I know you need a more "fundamental" aspect of them to be erased (like narrative-related stuff, or history, etc) to qualify for that. I'm assuming Names have some special meaning in the DMC verse, and if so it would be better to precise or add a scan explaining what Names are in the verse. If not then I still don't have any idea why it is High-Godly.

Edit : My apologies, I scrolled further down and I saw the physiology page and thus what Names mean in the verse. High-Godly looks (y) then.

-Existence Erasure and Immortality Type 5 for the priest are 👌

-Likewise for 4 and 8 for Banshee.

-Agree for Curse Manipulation and Healing, and I suppose the Negation part is the Angel being able to remove curses? I feel like that can fall under Curse Manipulation, but it can be fine to add Negation and precise between parenthesis something like "Negation (can remove curses from others)" I suppose.

-Clairvoyance is pretty clear as well.

-The book definitely has Sealing with Soul Manip as well as absorption. Honestly, the rest of that quote was really vague so I'll just assume it does indeed mean Info Analysis. And I have no idea what "providing him with the stored capacity of every being within" is supposed to mean. Otherwise looks good.

-About Demon Physiology, I am not sure if Abstract Existence Type 1 is what should be done here. Rather, from what it looks like to me it seems like Abstract Existence Type 2 as they embody their names. The names themselves are definitely Type 1, but they're a part of what makes a Demon. They still seem to have a physical body and aren't purely abstractions from how it looks to me. Otherwise they would be walking Names with Consciousness.

*And it would be the sole thing that makes them and they are mere avatars of it, but it is a part of what makes them it seems. So while Names is AE Type 1, I'd argue Demons are Type 2.​
*For Low-Tier Demons I'd like to point out that what you described in the sandbox is Low-Godly and not Mid-Godly. The ability to regenerate yourself from a soul state is Low-Godly. Mid-Godly would mean that your Soul, Body (and Mind) were done-in. Thus, regeneration involving the usual type of Possession or the soul inherently cannot be Mid-Godly.​
*I.. am not sure about the Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 bit. Sure, the names definitely seem to represent some principles predating the Demon World for some reason, but as far as I can see they only seem to affect the Demons themselves and didn't shape reality in any way. If existing before the world is truly enough to give Type 1 Conceptual Manip then sure, but I think the peculiar situation of names should be precised so as to not give misunderstandings about what type of... Type 1 they are specifically.​
I am short on time so I won't read the rest of the sandbox, I'll trust the supporters on that.

Oh, also, I disagree with Tier 1 based on only what has been shown so far. A Higher-D object/being stopped qualifying for Tier 1 since the tiering system was revamped (more precisely they would need to be universe-sized or at least galaxy-sized for it to qualify, for some reason...) and stemming from a primal concept preceding reality isn't enough either (otherwise we can have 1-A grass and trees in chinaman novels for example, no joke). More context is definitely needed.

It also means that the 9-D soul and HDE for souls shouldn't be rejected just because some disagree with Tier 1. The two are relatively separate and the quote blatantly states the soul is 9-D (unless heavy contradiction later). Sure the info might end up useless in fights or might not, but the cart shouldn't be put before the horse.

Hope I helped have a nice day every one.

Last edited:
About Demon Physiology, I am not sure if Abstract Existence Type 1 is what should be done here. Rather, from what it looks like to me it seems like Abstract Existence Type 2 as they embody their names. The names themselves are definitely Type 1, but they're a part of what makes a Demon. They still seem to have a physical body and aren't purely abstractions from how it looks to me. Otherwise they would be walking Names with Consciousness.
AE1 is only for souls. So souls are basically as abstract as names. And souls seem to be more fundamental in a sense with what instances we have of demon souls existing without names.

As for AE2...thats for their physical bodies. Since they mold their bodies after their soul/names.
For Low-Tier Demons I'd like to point out that what you described in the sandbox is Low-Godly and not Mid-Godly. The ability to regenerate yourself from a soul state is Low-Godly. Mid-Godly would mean that your Soul, Body (and Mind) were done-in. Thus, regeneration involving the usual type of Possession or the soul inherently cannot be Mid-Godly.
Demons basically regenerate their body from soul alone even if they lack anything else including names. Since its their most fundamental part.
*I.. am not sure about the Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 bit. Sure, the names definitely seem to represent some principles predating the Demon World for some reason, but as far as I can see they only seem to affect the Demons themselves and didn't shape reality in any way. If existing before the world is truly enough to give Type 1 Conceptual Manip then sure, but I think the peculiar situation of names should be precised so as to not give misunderstandings about what type of... Type 1 they are specifically.
We cleared this over in last thread months for CM.
Since names are independent of reality...they qualify. As for them governing individuals....even individuals are parts of reality even if its limited compared to other aspects of reality...so as long as concepts govern what they are associated with its allowed.

Aside from that thanks for the critique.

yeah, I'd like to call BS on that. the term "dimension" mathematically & physically refers to the number of axes an object could move in. meaning "a fundamental 9 Dimensional form" exists across 9 different axes of motion. because of the way dimensions work in physics & math. higher dimensions would have an infinitely greater volume than lower ones. that is what the soul qualifies for just from what we got in the statement alone. it's even noted in the Tiering system FAQ :

now is HDE reserved only for tier 1 or 2? No. they aren't. an object can have HDE and still not be tier 1 and above as explained here in the FAQ :

this is due to the fact that while Higher-dimensional objects have an infinitely greater size than lower ones it doesn't mean they have infinitely greater energy or mass this is the requirement for tier 1. also while I am here I'd like to address this :

this argument is completely absurd on so many levels. not only is it impossible to denote the dimension of an object from the way it looks (because if a higher dimensional object were to enter our universe it will look perfectly 3D to us) but it downgrades half the verses with HDE & BDE on the wiki as almost all of them have higher dimensional objects depicted 3D visually and have 1 statement to back HDE up. now as to why higher dimensions would look 3D to us, imagine you're a 2D being, and someone whose 3D throws his hands onto your field of view, you would view those hands as 2D from your perspective. that's why souls being visually 3D is irrelevant here. as to the beings in the HW who are capable of only observing 3D things. they appear 3D to them
you really want to continue this after i said i'd leave? well you asked for it.

again, higher dimensions have many different theories behind them regarding how they work. you're just assuming DMC is using this specific idea of it out of many. doesn't matter if it's the "main one" or whatever, there are multiple ideas. it is not concrete.

but again, i said i'd leave this thread because this wiki clearly does not care, yet for some reason you feel the need to continue what doesn't matter by this website's standards.

Last edited:
-Soul getting 9-D seems A-ok. The scan seems pretty clear about it. How that HDE is combat-applicable or which aspects of the HDE page apply to the souls in here, I have no idea. But regardless, agree on the 9-D soul.

-The Regeneration part does seem at least Mid-Godly, but is it possible to clarify why specifically High-Godly? As far as I know you need a more "fundamental" aspect of them to be erased (like narrative-related stuff, or history, etc) to qualify for that. I'm assuming Names have some special meaning in the DMC verse, and if so it would be better to precise or add a scan explaining what Names are in the verse. If not then I still don't have any idea why it is High-Godly.

Edit : My apologies, I scrolled further down and I saw the physiology page and thus what Names mean in the verse. High-Godly looks (y) then.

-Existence Erasure and Immortality Type 5 for the priest are 👌

-Likewise for 4 and 8 for Banshee.

-Agree for Curse Manipulation and Healing, and I suppose the Negation part is the Angel being able to remove curses? I feel like that can fall under Curse Manipulation, but it can be fine to add Negation and precise between parenthesis something like "Negation (can remove curses from others)" I suppose.

-Clairvoyance is pretty clear as well.

-The book definitely has Sealing with Soul Manip as well as absorption. Honestly, the rest of that quote was really vague so I'll just assume it does indeed mean Info Analysis. And I have no idea what "providing him with the stored capacity of every being within" is supposed to mean. Otherwise looks good.

-About Demon Physiology, I am not sure if Abstract Existence Type 1 is what should be done here. Rather, from what it looks like to me it seems like Abstract Existence Type 2 as they embody their names. The names themselves are definitely Type 1, but they're a part of what makes a Demon. They still seem to have a physical body and aren't purely abstractions from how it looks to me. Otherwise they would be walking Names with Consciousness.

*And it would be the sole thing that makes them and they are mere avatars of it, but it is a part of what makes them it seems. So while Names is AE Type 1, I'd argue Demons are Type 2.​
*For Low-Tier Demons I'd like to point out that what you described in the sandbox is Low-Godly and not Mid-Godly. The ability to regenerate yourself from a soul state is Low-Godly. Mid-Godly would mean that your Soul, Body (and Mind) were done-in. Thus, regeneration involving the usual type of Possession or the soul inherently cannot be Mid-Godly.​
*I.. am not sure about the Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 bit. Sure, the names definitely seem to represent some principles predating the Demon World for some reason, but as far as I can see they only seem to affect the Demons themselves and didn't shape reality in any way. If existing before the world is truly enough to give Type 1 Conceptual Manip then sure, but I think the peculiar situation of names should be precised so as to not give misunderstandings about what type of... Type 1 they are specifically.​
I am short on time so I won't read the rest of the sandbox, I'll trust the supporters on that.

Oh, also, I disagree with Tier 1 based on only what has been shown so far. A Higher-D object/being stopped qualifying for Tier 1 since the tiering system was revamped (more precisely they would need to be universe-sized or at least galaxy-sized for it to qualify, for some reason...) and stemming from a primal concept preceding reality isn't enough either (otherwise we can have 1-A grass and trees in chinaman novels for example, no joke). More context is definitely needed.

It also means that the 9-D soul and HDE for souls shouldn't be rejected just because some disagree with Tier 1. The two are relatively separate and the quote blatantly states the soul is 9-D (unless heavy contradiction later). Sure the info might end up useless in fights or might not, but the cart shouldn't be put before the horse.

Hope I helped have a nice day every one.
I largely agree with this post.

Also, souls are supposed to hold everything within them: minds, names, data and who knows what else.

i'm not arguing tier 1 based on the PoC statement alone, if you want more info on it check out my tier 1 blog
but alas I wont be arguing for it right now, I'll leave it for another time.
again, higher dimensions have many different theories behind them regarding how they work. you're just assuming DMC is using this specific idea of it out of many. doesn't matter if it's the "main one" or whatever, there are multiple ideas. it is not concrete.
No? dimensions by definition are that

i'm not arguing tier 1 based on the PoC statement alone, if you want more info on it check out my tier 1 blog
but alas I wont be arguing for it right now, I'll leave it for another time.

No? dimensions by definition are that
even your own wikipedia page talks about how the fourth dimension can mean more than one thing like time. and there's plenty of different theories like m-theory, etc.

Well a 9D statement on its own is a bit ambiguous to say whether the "dimensions" they are talking about are the number of coordinate axes an object is spread out into or not. Since there is no elaboration about what these dimensions are referring to I disagree with HDE for souls

AE1 is only for souls. So souls are basically as abstract as names. And souls seem to be more fundamental in a sense with what instances we have of demon souls existing without names.

As for AE2...thats for their physical bodies. Since they mold their bodies after their soul/names.
That is indeed what I meant, yes (y) .

Demons basically regenerate their body from soul alone even if they lack anything else including names. Since its their most fundamental part.

Oh I got that, it's just that usually if you can regenerate from your Soul that is automatically Low-Godly. I must admit however that the situation here is a little peculiar, so more input would probably be needed as while this is still the criteria of Low-Godly, they can regenerate from something "deeper" than their Soul with only the latter 😅 .

Since names are independent of reality...they qualify. As for them governing individuals....even individuals are parts of reality even if its limited compared to other aspects of reality...so as long as concepts govern what they are associated with its allowed.

Alright then. I believe that precising that these Concepts being on an "level of existence" of Type 1 but with more limited "effects" so to speak (instead of governing reality it's demons-only for example) would be a neat addition. But otherwise it's neat. You guys probably know better than me this part so I'll leave it to you.

Well a 9D statement on its own is a bit ambiguous to say whether the "dimensions" they are talking about are the number of coordinate axes an object is spread out into or not. Since there is no elaboration about what these dimensions are referring to I disagree with HDE for souls

Oh yes I do agree with the core thought behind that. It is why I said the following :

How that HDE is combat-applicable or which aspects of the HDE page apply to the souls in here, I have no idea. But regardless, agree on the 9-D soul.
as for me it mentioned higher-dimensions and the soul is 9-D, so sure. But if that 9-D grants a higher-D hax, or any specific aspect from the HDE page? That remains to be seen as following to the DMC context, as for all we know this could be just a decoration. But in some ways what you suggest is safer.

Speaking about context, can someone explain what PoC is? It looks like a chinese game, is it even canon to DMC? This is quite the upgrade and additions to the verse after all.

Speaking about context, can someone explain what PoC is? It looks like a chinese game, is it even canon to DMC? This is quite the upgrade and additions to the verse after all.
it's a mobile game directed by capcom and developed by nebula joy a Chinese company, and yes it is accepted as canon

PoC is Peak of Combat. Directed by Capcom and developed by YungChang games and NebulaJoy.

And yeah, it's canon, 4 articless from the devs at NebulaJoy (Here, here, here and here) repeatedly state PoC to be an orthodox sequel, interspersed between DMC3 and DMC1 (DMC3 sequel and DMC1 prequel). We even had a CRT confirming it to be canon, in the DMC Concept revisions previously.

Last edited:
as for all we know this could be just a decoration
Yea that's my main issue. Although we, on this thread, know that it's just for decoration, but people in the future are bound to see the profile and form misleading opinions about it's application in combat.

as for me it mentioned higher-dimensions and the soul is 9-D, so sure. But if that 9-D grants a higher-D hax, or any specific aspect from the HDE page? That remains to be seen as following to the DMC context, as for all we know this could be just a decoration. But in some ways what you suggest is safer.
no this isnt for decoration, if the soul is 9D then it would require 9D range to affect, so yes it is combat applicable.

Pinnacle of Combat ain't canon tho, so let's not add it to base "canon" Dante's stats because that would be wrong

In any case, this is derailing, we should put our focus on the threads.

Summary ATM:

1-C AP will be tackled in a different thread, not here

Now we are just looking at 9-dimensional souls (It's range only, not AP), High-Godly regen, and some hax stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back