• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this revision aims to add the new Powers and lore we've got from DMC Peak of combat, this includes some big things, so let's start with the biggest.

Souls :
The Soul It continues to hide mysteries that humans and demons don't understand, mysteries but every human has such. A basic nine-dimensional form, generally speaking, it originates from and returns to a higher dimension beyond the Eightfold Path. It not only contains the mind and memory, but also contains all the information of the body and its ancestors since ancient times
as a result of the above. souls would get Higher-Dimensional Existence
now with the statement PoC has given us there have been some major changes to the soul
like the mind and information being contained in it. this would affect our regular Soul manipulation to include mind & information manipulation as well.

Regeneration :
now if you've read my previous blog you would have most certainly seen this statement
which states that except for weaker demons. all of them could regenerate even with the destruction of their bodies, names, souls, or everything. this would grant at least mid-tier demons High Godly regeneration. and naturally, people with the Sparda heritage would scale as well.

Other Abilities :
let's start with some new abilities of various low-level demons
fallen priest :
Existence Erasure and immortality type 5
Morning Banshee :
Immortality types 4 & 8 via being linked to their prey they can revive themselves even from death as long as their prey exists.
The angel of Damnation :
Curse Manipulation, Negation, and Healing
Kanigam :
Clairvoyance (Retrocognition Cosmic Awareness Precognition)

now. People with Sparda inheritance would get resistance to EE & Curse Manipulation. and Immortality negation types 4, 5 & 8 for being able to fight these demons without getting erased or cursed and for being able to kill the fallen priest & the morning banshee when she's linked to them. High tiers would get resistance to Kanigam's Precog as well

Now let's talk about Dante specifically in PoC he gets something called the book of demons. which seals its target's soul and transforms them into Data. he would gain sealing, absorption, Info analysis & Data manipulation from this. as well as another form of soul Manipulation. also people with Sparda inheritance would get resistance to it since it chooses its user based on if he's able to resist its power or not.

we've also made a sandbox on how the Demon physiology page would look after the revision. I've also restructured it to make it more readable and easier to understand the abilities

Agree : Crimson, Deadguy, storytellingdemonking, Orange, Shiva, Dalesean, lightning, Zencha, anos, Ultima, stella, stillwincon, neotengus, teezar, tony, elizhaa, nepuko,KLOL, gliver, dienomite
Disagree : hecatia,, glass, randomguy, darksmash
Neutral : comicgal , Veloxt1r0kore

Last edited:
OH DEAR GOD

OH JESUS

OHGODOHFUCJ

******* HELL

Anyway, I'm neutral with a slight lean on agreement regarding 1-C AP.

Everything else is fine.

Better contact Ultima and Elizhaa.

EDIT: DONE. I have contacted both of them (Granted they already know about this).

Last edited:
Tho I have two questions here

1why the whole "the mirror dimension reflects the evil of humanity" thing are used as evidence? not saying I disagree with the upgrades but this one specifically is hardly an evidence and seems really vague unless I'm missing something

2 by infinite 1-C do you mean they gonna scale infinitely above baseline 1-C?

the scan doesn't seem to say nine-dimensional for me
次元 this is the kanji for dimensions
种基本的九维形式 - this is where it supposedly says nine-dimensional

why the whole "the mirror dimension reflects the evil of humanity" thing are used as evidence? not saying I disagree with the upgrades but this one specifically is hardly an evidence and seems really vague unless I'm missing something
its more so there to give you an idea of what the Mirror world is
I mean, I think? the demon world if this is passed would be an infinite 9d space

personally I don't think we should scale the characters to 1-C, by far the statement says that the souls are beyond the nivarna/eightfold path and there is no evidence that the ninth dimension exists in the demonic world, it also contains more than a spacetime does not do it beyond just 2-C without more context

low-level demons
I'm sure they are medium level

the rest is ok

personally I don't think we should scale the characters to 1-C, by far the statement says that the souls are beyond the nivarna/eightfold path and there is no evidence that the ninth dimension exists in the demonic world, it also contains more than a spacetime does not do it beyond just 2-C without more context
Pretty sure we accepted Lost Souls Nirvana to be 9-D and that it was the same realm being referred to as the realm beyond the Eightfold path, and Lost Souls Nirvana is in the Demon World.

demons are souls if they originated from the primordial chaos then the souls origin would be in the demon world
edit : the nirvana stuff is the likely place that the dimensions exist in, because there's no other place in DMC that could be described as "beyond the eightfold path" its not meant solidify anything on its own. Demons's origin makes 9D DW solid.

1why the whole "the mirror dimension reflects the evil of humanity" thing are used as evidence? not saying I disagree with the upgrades but this one specifically is hardly an evidence and seems really vague unless I'm missing something
Because it shows the Demon World already contains entire realities inside of itself.

Infinite 9-D space he means.

Anyway, I reviewed this before and I agree. As much as it seems like bullshit, the chinese like their things big.

Doesn’t DMC originate in Japanese?
Yes, but DMC Peak of Combat was made by NebulaJoy and YungChang, both being in China.

Currently it's locked to China with plans for a global release, but even if the global localization came out now we'd still have to rely on the original text anyway.

I have seen the Tier 1 arguments on the discord server, and like I said before, I'm fine with most of the content, while we don't think exactly the same, in the end we both agree with 1-C and I guess that's the important part. Tier 1 DMC is...honestly ? Boring, but POC devs apparently can't help themselves, and it's like I always said, we must leave our personal canon behind when seeing evidence, and POC pretty much did the work for all areas of VS, giving them Hax, Speed, LS and finally AP to fight against the most broken characters out there. To think that if SMT didn't had that last upgrade, DMC Dante would be surpassing his SMT self

On the hax part, I'm fine with everything, and oh boi my relief in seeing a Sparda Inheritance section actually good to read for non supporters and casual readers

Overall, my congrats for Sevil and Mister, accepted or not, very good research

Is there like, anything that points to this being canon aside from the company who made it having the rights from Capcom because like

The game makes almost no sense to actually be canon, and almost everything I can find says it's not, it has enemies from DmC 1-4, the remake, and localized versions as well and overall doesn't really make sense as anything aside from a fanservice thing. Is there something aside from the company being licensed to do this that makes it canon, because non canon licensed things exist

Is there like, anything that points to this being canon aside from the company who made it having the rights from Capcom because like

The game makes almost no sense to actually be canon, and almost everything I can find says it's not, it has enemies from DmC 1-4, the remake, and localized versions as well and overall doesn't really make sense as anything aside from a fanservice thing. Is there something aside from the company being licensed to do this that makes it canon, because non canon licensed things exist
Canonicity has already been handled in last threads.

As far as enemies are concerned, lots of enemies have made cross appearances in all of DMC mainline games. So that's absolutely not a valid gripe whatsoever.

Assaults, Frosts, Blades, Sin, Hells, Hellbats etc etc.

New enemies are introduced to each regularly, that just means they have been added to lore. Thats it.

it was stated verbatim to take place between DMC 3 & 1 by the ppl making it here & here they're in Chinese so you gotta translate to read these articles. it was also called an official DMC game more times than I can count
also to my knowledge no one has brought up any example of the reboot enemies being in the game, and even if they were. it wouldn't really mean anything.

it was stated verbatim to take place between DMC 3 & 1 by the ppl making it here & here they're in Chinese so you gotta translate to read these articles. it was also called an official DMC game more times than I can count
also to my knowledge no one has brought up any example of the reboot enemies being in the game, and even if they were. it wouldn't really mean anything.
We also confirmed DMC PoC to be canon in this thread, it has another article direct from NebulaJoy who hammer down PoC to be an orthodox sequel to DMC.

Yea the same enemies argument is pretty bad when you know for a fact that many of them have appeared repeatedly in the games even the bosses have their own species like king Cerberus and geyron in dmc5 and there is also a scene where he faces nevan again and he himself addresses about it
Dante in PoC also references to having met a Cerberus before when he finds and fights another Cerberus again in PoC, clearly referencing to the Cerberus he fought in DMC3.

and why Vergil still alive????
he isnt. where on eath did you get that from? that letter that dante gets isn't from vergil btw if you've completed the story you'd know that. he's playable but not as the main character, its like DMC 4 & 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back