• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This will be quick.If Promestein decide to say something about i have open ears This will be a thread of the staff to discuss the debunking of the debunk of Damage Accumulation

The Past So the points that were made were that things that Jotaro and DIO thrown or punch around can't accumulate energy since the examples never show a clear damage after the timestop

The Present I have a counterpoint to those points in that energy can be accumulated since DIO could throw knifes while in stopped time and they still had the energy of the throw after the timestop meaning they stayed with kinetic ENERGY after the

The Future This is the place for counterpoints that i may had to apresent as the thread get going

This is a staff only thread so no FirePhoenixEarl

I don't think that this subject seems important enough for the wiki to make into a staff only discussion, so I will move it to the content revision forum instead.

You can use the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure verse page and the Knowledgeable Members List to find people to ask to comment here.

"This is a staff only thread so no FirePhoenixEarl"

Is this an inside joke or spite against another user?

Even if you disregard all the assumptions that need to be made to get to the point that this is reasonable, which requires ignoring every inconsistency and interpreting it in the most generous way possible, putting any number on it is ridiculous calc stacking, as you're using a speed value from one calc and an AP from another.

Any damage accumulation that occurs is unquantifiable and probably irrelevant.

Promestein said:
Even if you disregard all the assumptions that need to be made to get to the point that this is reasonable, which requires ignoring every inconsistency and interpreting it in the most generous way possible, putting any number on it is ridiculous calc stacking, as you're using a speed value from one calc and an AP from another.
Any damage accumulation that occurs is unquantifiable and probably irrelevant.
Wait

Isn't calc stacking the use of a calculation from other person to calculate a feat?

Yes. This would be calc stacking, as to get a result from your generous damage accuulation, you would have to use the calcs we currently use.

Leads to inflated statistics.

One example I remember is that bullets in Metal Gear can be calced as like Massively Hypersonic based on a lightning feat, which leads to very deep into FTL Raiden

I agree with Promestein.

Should we close this thread?

This would be against our standards though.

Again, the calc in question would be calc stacking and thus inflated and unusable.

I already said. You're using the results from two different calcs to calculate an inflated result on how much he can punch in 5-9 seconds and how much damage that would deal if it happened all at once.

Promestein is correct. We should close this thread.

Promestein said:
I already said. You're using the results from two different calcs to calculate an inflated result on how much he can punch in 5-9 seconds and how much damage that would deal if it happened all at once.
Which calcs are those?

... Are you serious? The calcs that have them at 8-C and MFTL. It doesn't matter what calcs they are, it'll be calc stacking no matter what.

But don't the person that wants to calculate needs to find how many punches he can throw in five seconds and how strong his punches are so he can calculate how much exactly it's gonna wield

Also Star Patinum is scaled to Silver Chariot and Stone Free

Yes. That's calc stacking.

Calc stacking.

So... just to be clear, the only option for it to not be calc stacking would be to find a feat that gives building level, but not from a calc, and then scale him from a speed feat that does not come from a calc. Is this correct?

... You'd have to calculate them. It can't be quantified.

And it's not like it'd be much, anyways. Any damage accumulation is minimal, as a good portion of the force carries through in stopped time. We cannot judge how much does not, so we cannot judge how much would stack.

This is without addressing the fact that it is not in character for Jotaro or Dio to do so out of the blue, even if they can.

Back