• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dagoth Ur fights Lavos

pretty sure Lavos eats him alive

Is Sotha Sil missing a "weakened" key or something?

Because Dagoth Ur being Low 2-C scaling from a Low 1-C feels weird

Dagoth Purr
How can you kill a god?

What a fool you are.

I'm pretty sure Lavos wouldn't be able to interact with Dagoth-Ur, let alone absorb him.

Time doesn't apply to Dagoth Ur. Equalizing speed doesn't change his state of being. It's like equalizing speed for someone like Time from Incarnations and expecting his causality to be normal for the fight.

Correct; otherwise he'd be High 2-A.

No, the profile fails to mention the fact that he has possibly High 2-A stuff. Should probably be mentioned somewhere. That said, the "avatar" (or dream-form thing? Not sure what to call it) should be able to be BFR'd. That'd make him unable to affect Lavos considering range. Additionally, depending on whether or not we consider his true form or whatever High 2-A, Lavos can neg Mid-Godly but I doubt we'd do that.

BFRing an avatar of a being is like taking someone's finger outside of a pool of water. They'd just stick it back in.

Why 1-A is even being mentioned here is beyond me.

Dagoth-Ur is the higher dimensional being, though. Don't know what you're getting at.

He's beyond Time. This key of Lavos is bound by time and causality in some form, while Dagoth is alien in that respect. Lavos can't really touch him.

Oh. Really? Just 5-D?

And... I guess? That's not really how dimensions work but sure. Has Dagoth actually shown to come back, though? Assuming we ignore the 1-A Regen on his profile, Lavos could just lolerase.

He isn't 5D, nor did I ever imply that. Higher-Dimensional existence doesn't start at 5 dimensions.

I think we're misunderstanding here. Dagoth operates on a form of causality, cause and effect alien to Lavos. He is unbound by time which Lavos is bound by in this key. Lavos wouldn't be able to interact with him.

Dargoo Faust said:
He isn't 5D, nor did I ever imply that. Higher-Dimensional existence doesn't start at 5 dimensions.
I think we're misunderstanding here. Dagoth operates on a form of causality, cause and effect alien to Lavos. He is unbound by time which Lavos is bound by in this key. Lavos wouldn't be able to interact with him.
High 2-A was my point. The High 2-A you said he'd otherwise be. Mayhap I misread.

and... He's Acausal type 4?

BFR isn't possible

BFR IS possible

I'm table flipping this, I'll be back later when this is figured out correctly, but from what I can tell, Dagoth similarly lacks a way to meaningfully beat Lavos

Ultima and Matt understand the verse infinitly better than me so take their word over mine.

That said Type 4 acausality is on the profile, yes.

I mentioned Dagoth's higher dimensional existence and people asked if he was 5D.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Ah, because people didn't read the profile, sugoi.
"Correct; otherwise he'd be High 2-A."

-Dargoo Faust

Zach: "You mean 4-D?"

Dargoo: "Correct, otherwise (as in if he was higher than that) he would be High 2-A."

I feel like we misunderstood each other.

Yes. Doesn't mean anyone needs to imply I never read the profile and just say stuff. But hey, what do I know.

Back