• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speed is equalized, both combatants are 3-A. Sol Badguy starts in base, and can use Dragon Install if he wants. D can transform into his Full Vampire Form as well, but Akashic Records are restricted.

D:

Sol:

Inconclusive:

I have the feeling that Sol could compete in the top 5 strongest 3-As, but that's for that thread.

Bobsican said:
I have the feeling that Sol could compete in the top 5 strongest 3-As, but that's for that thread.
I mean he prolly does

Throw him against Xehanort and baba

Bobsican said:
I brought that up before and yeah he's in discussion for Top 5 strongest 3-A's he stomps pretty much every DMC character except for 1, Xehanort...not sure about that one, and I'm going to give him some more haxes and resistances too if I can find more info about the lore of GG

Anyway how far into 3-A is D, and what does he open with here? Depending on the difference Sol's Info could override D's resistance.

Passive fear, paralysis, freezing air, empathic manipulation to make Sol attracted to him, and swinging his sword which negates Low-Godly. Along with Analytical Prediction.

Bware1 said:
Anyway how far into 3-A is D, and what does he open with here?
D has Fear, Empathic, and Paralysis passives.

He's above someone who can one shot a baseline and later had they're power amped by 5x. So around 40x baseline sounds about right at the very least

His first move is using his Sword. His sword attacks themselves contain Death Hax, Existence Erasure, Mind Hax, Space-Time Hax, Soul Hax, and Conceptual Manip Type 2 which also negs Mid-Godly regen.

So AP wise D has a pretty nice advantage here as Sol in Base is only 20x above Baseline and I'm pretty sure there's a scaling chain behind it. All of D's Passive's will work, but I looked on D's profile and I don't see resistance to Info hax without the Akashic Records. (Which fun fact the creator of Guilty Gear is a fan of the series and made one of the most important aspects of the world take after the Akashic Records)

Bware1 said:
So AP wise D has a pretty nice advantage here as Sol in Base is only 20x above Baseline and I'm pretty sure there's a scaling chain behind it. All of D's Passive's will work, but I looked on D's profile and I don't see resistance to Info hax without the Akashic Records. (Which fun fact the creator of Guilty Gear is a fan of the series and made one of the most important aspects of the world take after the Akashic Records)
"I don't see resistance to info hax without the Akashic Records"

His Akashic Records resistances don't require him to have them actually. Him being resistant to the Records' affects come from the nature of his existence (He and The Sacred Ancestor are immune to the records because they don't exist in the records, thus their powers can't affect him.)

Then let's see...D's Passive's work against Sol, Sol's Passive's get resisted. D has a 20x AP advantage and his sword has Concept Manip which can negate Mid Godly vs Sol's Mid regen...yeah this is looking like a stomp in D's favor. D for top 5 best 3-A's

Bware1 said:
Then let's see...D's Passive's work against Sol, Sol's Passive's get resisted. D has a 20x AP advantage and his sword has Concept Manip which can negate Mid Godly vs Sol's Mid regen...yeah this is looking like a stomp in D's favor. D for top 5 best 3-A's
Damn I didn't expect the passives to work on him tbh.

Well thats kind of a shame. Well I still think Sol can get a shot at one of the spots too. He can probably fight Xehanort, but don't know about Baba tho. His law hax is pretty stoopid

Xehanort stomps via lol nonexistent physiology + abstract

Baba likely also stomps via passive laws.

He should stand more of a chance in the non-smurf list where he can just stomp DMC and SS respectively.

Well there is stuff missing from Sol's profile, and alot of the Guilty Gear profiles in fact. Currently in discussion with one of its most knowledge members depending on what he says Sol could be revised making this match up a bit more fair. If that doesn't happen then the next installment in the series will come in 2020. I'm sure new stuff will arise from that.

Like, at the very least Sol needs NPI to hit nonexistent beings to get in either list TBH

The non smurf one is going to get Baba back anyways.

XD

If you really want get into the series, watch VHD:Bloodlust. Its a pretty good showcase of the character and his setting

Thanks for the info. Found it free to watch on Youtube

Bobsican said:
D clearly comes from that sort of verses where everyone is broken for the sake of balancing, then again, that applies to most broken series.
Yeah the verse is kind of insane ngl

Theres some lovecraftian shit mixed in with it

Thankfully there's only one popular verse on the wiki where the main character is too broken for the setting

For real, at this pace, D is going to get memes of how much stuff he stomps.

Bobsican said:
Thankfully there's only one popular verse on the wiki where the main character is too broken for the setting
For real, at this pace, D is going to get memes of how much stuff he stomps.
He's getting meme'd quite a bit already lmao

Remember "D's bicurious Aura FRA"?

Bobsican said:
I wonder if there's some chibi art of D somewhere, for memetic purposes
Theres a good number of them in google images for "Vampire Hunter D Chibi"

I believe one of the VHD message from mars covers also has a Chibi D

Back