• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, there's theorized to be more Overgods like the Celestial Beaurocracy or the Head of another Pantheon which I forget the name of.

But they aren't comfirmed, just theorized.

Well, actually, the Serpent is called Mok'slyk, not Ahriman, I'm not sure who Ahriman is at all.

(Mok'slyk is the Serpent who Vecna talks to and is one of the Ancient Bretheren.)

But note, the Lady isn't comfirmed to be one of the Ancient Bretheren, she's speculated to be one of them.

Some other random stuff I figured it may be important to mention in a thread like this that I had initially missed in 5e's DMG.

• Mystara is confirmed to still exist in the current version of D&D. Nice to know it's not just pushed back into a closet and is acknowledged to exist.
"This book, the Player's Handbook, and the Monster Manual present the default assumptions for how the worlds of D&D work. Among the established settings of D&D, the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, and Mystara don't stray very far from those assumptions." - Dungeon Master's Guide (5e), pg 9

• The CR 20+ dragons are indeed considered to be able to achieve some sort of "cosmic threat" type status, which is actually in-line with stuff from some previous editions. This is the description for levels 17-20, "Masters of the World".
"Adventures at these levels have far-reaching consequences, possibly determining the fate of millions in the Material Plane and even places beyond. Characters traverse otherworldly realms and explore demiplanes and other extraplanar locales, where they fight savage balor demons, titans, archdevils, lich archmages, and even avatars of the gods themselves. The dragons they encounter are wyrms of tremendous power, whose sleep troubles kingdoms and whose waking threatens existence itself." - Dungeon Master's Guide (5e), pg 37

• Also worth noting that anything CR 20 or higher is supposed to be able to reliably fight multiple level 20 characters, who are supposed to be virtually godlike and have adventures on a cosmic level, which is probably important to keep in mind for their general tiering.
"Characters who reach 20th level have attained the pinnacle of mortal achievement. Their deeds are recorded in the annals of history and recounted by bards for centuries. Their ultimate destines come to pass. A cleric might be taken up into the heavens to serve as a god's right hand. A warlock could become a patron for other warlocks. Perhaps a wizard unlocks the secret to immortality (or undeath) and spends eons exploring the farthest reaches of the multiverse. A druid might become one with the land, transforming into a nature spirit of a particular place or an aspect of the wild. Other characters could found clans or dynasties that revere the memory of their honored ancestors from generation to generation, create masterpieces of epic literature that are sung and retold for thousands of years, or establish guilds or orders that keep the adventurers' principles and dreams alive.

Reaching this point doesn't necessarily dictate the end of a campaign. These powerful characters might be called on to undertake grand adventures on the cosmic stage. And as a result of these adventures, their capabilities can continue to evolve. Characters gain no more levels at this point, but they can still advance in meaningful ways and continue performing epic deeds that resound throughout the multiverse
." - Dungeon Master's Guide (5e), pg 38

Udlmaster said:
Well, actually, the Serpent is called Mok'slyk, not Ahriman, I'm not sure who Ahriman is at all.
Ahriman is Asmodeus' true name according to early editions. Asmodeus the Archdevil is used as an avatar of Ahriman, who is a Greater God and giant serpent coiled beneath Hell.

This is pretty much retconned in later editions where the Asmodeus we see is the actual Asmodeus, who is already a Greater God and not a near-power.

> Well, there's theorized to be more Overgods like the Celestial Beaurocracy or the Head of another Pantheon which I forget the name of.

Nah, they're 100% confirmed. There's a FR supplement that labels them as Overgods.

> But note, the Lady isn't comfirmed to be one of the Ancient Bretheren, she's speculated to be one of them.

In Die Vecna Die she's outright stated the be one from my memory. EDIT: Wait you're right. "[Her being part of them is just a legend]".

Also, does that mean that Mystara is apart of the D&D Multiverse now? Because Ravencroft, Greyhawk, Planescape and Regular D&D are all apart of the Same Multiverse, so if Mystara is cannon, wouldn't that mean...

Udlmaster said:
Also, does that mean that Mystara is apart of the D&D Multiverse now? Because Ravencroft, Greyhawk, Planescape and Regular D&D are all apart of the Same Multiverse, so if Mystara is cannon, wouldn't that mean...
I don't know. Wizards treats it like it is, but the setting itself is weird.

Asgoroth is said to have created the Multiverse and is a classified as a Primordial Greater Deity.

The Lady thought away a Greater Deity (of portals).

If Asgoroth created the Multiverse (Big if) then he would be 1-C, Possibly High 1-B. and the Lady would be High 1-C, Possibly High 1-B.

But I have said I am Biased towards D&D, so my conclusions aren't going to be always right. But I do always try to be accurate at least.

Main issue is that it seems no deity actually made the greater multiverse. It was either created by an Overgod/Lumi, always existed, or the statement has issues with it.

Plus going by Mystara stuff either Lumi or the Old Ones created the cosmos.

Although depending on how you interpret the Brahmin in regards to other deities. I could see a possible Low 1-C rating for her

To be fair, there are multiple beings claiming to have made the Multiverse, it's basically down to Lumi/The GM who actually made it, which basically puts it at "Lumi chooses who made it" so they're all technically true, as long as Lumi says it is.

Also, yeah, I could see her True Form/ Power being Low 1-C, the High 1-B was a joke.

I would say her Restricted form should stay at 2-A, because there's not many feats for her 2-A form to be anything higher, perhaps the killing of the Greater God with a thought and her reforming the Multiverse in her restricted form by merely speaking an ancient language.

Now that I think about it, isn't her restricted form just her true self intentionally not using her full power? So they shouldn't be seperate keys, just a note on the attack potency and Vecna's page as to why he's not high 2-A

Well, it's speculated that she has another form, but if she goes into it, everything dies. Her Restricted power should be noted as a Key anyway, as she is always in this form, no matter what. That's why she has another key, because it's VERY out of character for her to not be in her restricted form.

Does she have a 6D feat? Multiverse is limited to 5D due to the Dimensional Vortex. Best I got is the Brahmin being possibly 5D and her theortically being above it in her true form.

The total Multiverse is 9D to InfiniteD, but the Dimensional Vortex hinderes everything from going beyond the 5th Dimension. It was placed there to forcible cause beings to evolve to the level of the Old Ones.

So, if the DImensional Vortex is just a thing that plagues the Immortals, would that leave the Lady unrestricted?

I think it would affect anything not from the Far Realm, Lumi, or an Old One since there's even weird mutant creatures that have sprung up from the Vortex. Like Diablo which exist on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th dimensions, but lack 1st and 2nd dimensions characteristics (as in no length or width).

Best I got is that LOP > Base High 2A through Brahmin

Well, it would make sense if beings like the Lady, Serpent, Ancient Bretherin and the Overdeities would be exempt from the limitations of the normal Gods.

Using the Divine ranks from 3e and 3.5e, there's no way a being can become a Overdeity, as one gains Divine ranks with Faith, Overdeities don't use faith or do they accept it or give anything for it.

Ao, The Lady, Serpent and I believe the Celestial B. are all in a totally different leage then the normal Gods and would be outside the Normal Cosmology, just like Azzy said:

"

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot
It's kind of tough to say.

If used, I assume it could be visualized in a way similar to:

Most Outer Planes = 5-D

Beings like Ao/Overdeities and the Lady, who exist beyond the normal cosmology = 6-D"

Here's what I propose.

"Unknown. At least Low Complex Multiverse level (She and the serpent exist completely outside the bounds of the regular cosmology, which is at least 5-Dimensional) possibly High Hyperverse level (The full extent of the multiverse contains infinite higher dimensions, and as the lady is one of the only characters to affect all levels of existence, her powers might extend to them)"

See I don't know if she even affected all of existence or just the first five dimensions. Plus most gods are only 4D/2-C to 2-A.

> Most Outer Planes = 5-D

I would back that if fhe only quote about them [established they were like, 4D at max]. Actually Mystara may contradict that but it still raises some issues.

Assuming we'd go with mine (Not saying we should, just an "What if" thing)

"Tier: At least 2-A | At least Low 1-C, possibly High 1-B"

"Multiversal+ Level (While in her restricted form, she was effortlessly above the powers of the Greater Gods, being able to merely will away the Greater God of Portals .) | At least Low Complex Multiverse (With her full power she would destroy the Multiverse accidently. Vastly above all Deities in the verse as well as possibly above the Immortals.), possibly High Hyperversal (level (Possibly unrestricted by the Dimensional Vortex which has an infinite amount geometric dimensions.)

I still don't get why destroying the Multiverse is a 6D thing but it looks okay besides that.

It was more so an addition, most of all her full power being above her Restrictive form which is above every single Deity and Immortal ever shown, I believe even the Immortals from Mystara are stated while she for over 3 versions, has remained unstated, her most she has was a given alignment which literally means nothing.

Back