• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

So if you bought Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam, you can download a free bonus content DLC. It comes with a story from 2071 called 2AM: She Calls. I liked it, but it also features a mostly normal person using a Sandevistan:
Slow and steady, as if reaching for my gun, I slide my hand inside my jacket.

Another nod. Even smaller. Microscopic, so much so it should go undetected.

I sense it.

A rush of movement behind me. The ‘Tino’s fast. I’m faster.

The world plunges into the warm, gelatinous wine of Sandevistan. I spin around at full boost and pray my muscles can take it. If they can’t, they’ll tear clean off my bones.

Hand. Gotta get the hand. Hand with the gun. The hand pulling the Unity out of its holster, aiming to empty it in my gut. I strike his elbow. The sickening snap of breaking bone. I strike his wrist. A heavy boot on broken glass. The gun falls, falls from fingers open wide in surprise. A swift parting kiss to his jaw, and I reach for my gun.

Too late. Corto’s beside me. The dull jerk of the knife as it sinks in under my right rib. That’s it. This is how it ends...

Or it would be if I didn’t have a metal plate in lieu of a rib. A lucky charm from the time a Maelstromer decided to test his mantis blades. I got two months in the ER and a medal.

F- the gun. I grab Corto’s shoulders and channel my entire boosted might through my forehead, into his face. The knife drops. Corto slumps.

Sandevistan courses through my muscles, pulsing, fading. Tomorrow. Oh, tomorrow. Tomorrow I’ll wake with the biggest f-ing hangover. Like I’d pounded back a whole convoy of Centzon and lived to regret it. Pain shoots through my body, like someone strung me up piñata-style to whack the sh- outta me with a telescopic baton. Christ. I can feel it already.

Choom whose arm I snapped in three is back... He shrieks in Spanish and bolts out the door. Deep breaths. One. Two. Three. Better. I grab a plastic folding chair and take a seat at the table. Cejas has separated face from hands. He eyes me like a beaten cur. Can’t say I blame him; he just rose from the dead, too.

“Got a couple questions,” I say, glancing at Corto to be sure he’s lying where he fell. Good boy. “Cejas?”
Another long, dark corridor. To the left – one door, three rooms. To the right – one door, two. Choices. Last one on the right is Timmy’s “office.” Can I take two shots of Sandevistan in 24 hours? No idea. Rather not chance it.
“Easy there, pal,” I hear through the door. A voice, so familiar. Familiarity – the only reason I don’t fire up Sandevistan and shred myself. “Easy. Put it away.”
He doesn’t see my fist. It smashes his nose. Doesn’t see my boot. It kicks his knee out. He doesn’t see a thing, he’s blind. He doesn’t see hit after hit
after hit as I drive him down into the wet earth. The baton falls from his hand. Ribs snap and crack like dry twigs.

I don’t see him either. I see red. I see Brian, who they’ll kill or stuff in a cage to rot. I see Cejas, a leper, a pariah among his blood brothers. I see Emilio, his heart shattered into a million razors, never getting his revenge on Jones. I see Pedro – huh – his numbers finally lining up. Least I hope they will.

I don’t stop until the Sandevistan falls from my eyes, fades from my veins. Kid cop lies crumpled on the ground, barely breathing, bathed in blood.

I breathe deep.

I can barely stand.

I feel no relief.
So with this we have some indications of the 2070s Sandevistan:
  • Presumably even an average Sandevistan (MC was a former NCPD Officer so nothing super major) speed you up enough that your muscles can be ripped off from the speed
  • He can shatter his limbs with punches
  • The MC considers it very questionable if he can survive two activations in one day without killing himself

So the preview for the Edgerunner Mission Kit is out
You witnessed David Martinez’s meteoric rise. But the thing about meteors? They come crashing down to Earth. David’s gone. Now it is time for you to step up and earn a seat in the Afterlife.

In the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Mission Kit you’ll tell the story of a new Crew of Edgerunners hungry for eddies and glory. When a Fixer named Dakota Smith calls with a gig, it seems they might just find both.

The Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Mission Kit comes complete with seven pregenerated characters designed and illustrated by Hiroyuki Imaishi, the director of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners! You can grab a character and leap right into the action or customize their history with the help of the Lifepath: R. Talsorian Games’ famous background generator
So this takes place between David dying and the start of CP2077
Curious about Rebecca’s past? Want to know more about Lucy’s life before she met David? We’ve got you covered. The Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Mission Kit will contain biographies of David, Lucy, Rebecca, Maine, and the rest of the crew straight from Bartosz Sztybor, story writer for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

And we aren’t stopping there. The world of Cyberpunk is an alternate history, starting with the Collapse of the 1990s, pushing through the 4th Corporate War of the 2020s and the Unification War of the 2060s, and slamming straight into the roaring 2070s. We’ll lay it all out for you: the back story, the technology, and even what daily life is like in Night City. All as told by world creator Mike Pondsmith and the writers at R. Talsorian Games and CD Projekt Red.
With this we can probably make profiles for the other members of Maine's gang. In addition it probably wouldn't hurt to make like, a profile for Johnny and other 2013/2020 characters.

Also this will apparently talk about the jump between RED's post-nuke time to the modern NC we see in the game. Wonder if they'll include BARGHEST or Adam Smasher in the list.
A full tabletop roleplaying experience in a single box. There’s no need to worry about buying multiple handbooks to play the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Mission Kit. Everything you need will be right in the box. That includes a lore book to tell you about the world, a rulebook to show you how to play, and a brand new gig, The Jacket, to provide you with hours of Edgerunning action and exploration. Plus maps, standees, and Cyberpunk: Edgerunner-themed dice to help you on the way.
Watch this be some convoluted way to explain how the Captain got David's jacket with Falco
The Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Mission Kit comes complete with rules for plugging all included 2070s weapons and technology into your existing Cyberpunk RED game! Add Power, Smart, and Tech Weapons to your arsenal. Visit a ripper and implant neuroports, mantis blades, gorilla arms, and more into your meat. And for Netrunners, the time has come! Distract, damage, and even control your enemies via Quickhacks. Also included will be a guide for adjusting Roles, economy, and even Humanity for play in the 2070 era.
According to another preview this should cover the Neuroport Cyberware and how it replaced the NeuralLink.

Also it'll be cool to see the canon version of Quickhacks. Though it probably means that V's hacking may be nerfed if it requires dedicated effort to Quickhack rather than being a single action thing.
Releasing in the first few months of 2024: Interface RED volume 3! The latest volume of the Interface RED series collects the DLC content we shared with the world in 2022: everything from new weapons and gear to rules for bicycles to digital dating in the Dark Future. Plus, a new bonus article not available anywhere else: Full Body Conversions. Is your Edgerunner ready to trade [almost all of] their meat for metal? Interface RED volume 3 provides everything they’ll need to plug their brain into an IEC Alpha starter model, a sleek Militech Eclipse, a combat-ready IEC Dragoon, or one of ten other totally chrome bodies!
So as a note:
  1. IEC Alpha Class
  2. R.M.C Gemini
  3. NovelTech Samson
  4. Militech Enforcer
  5. MD Tech, Inc. "Kildare"
  6. IEC Dragoon
  7. IEC Wingman
  8. Dynalar Aquarius
  9. Militech Eclipse
  10. Militech "Spyder"
  11. Cybermatrix Copernicus
  12. Adrek Robotics "Burroughs"
All the previous Conversions put together is only 12, so they're going to add a new conversion robot. Maybe a Arasaka conversion? Or maybe ten is an inclusive number and they'll be dropping some of the random ones like the fire fighter or mars robot version. EDIT: Looking at it, the wiki forgot the Brimstone Firefighter body. Which would be the 13th.

Last edited:
Because I'm a Sandevistan pleb I never tried out Quickhacking on Smasher after the 2.1 update. I was shocked to find out he has a Trace and Counterhack ability now. If you don't constantly pressure him, he'll counterhack V and temporarily blind/disable their hacks.

So that's pretty cool.

Back