• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The thing is, the 8-C feat was the man on roller blades. If we give him am actual vehicle, the AoE blast would be much, much larger. Even if we say Culexus phases and touches Gerald, the resulting crash would obliterate him because the explosion is not something a lot of people would expect.

The Smashor said:
He has null. Null for something that isn't Gerald's powers.
His profile outright says resistance though. Although, I'm kinda wondering how he'd even show resistance for that if he nulls it passively. Probably needs to be changed.

They're one and the same. Resistance aspect is due to them being dead zones themselves and as such impossible to affect with that shit, null from how they can cut it off from the source as well

How can the resulting clash obliterate anything in the first place if the Assassin can phase through it? Plus, this is forgetting the whole brain frying blasts with a few dozen meters of range.

I mean unless I'm missing something, Culexus will most likely unphase himself after killing Gerald and the moving wagon will still hit a wall and cause a massive explosion.

Sir Ovens said:
I mean unless I'm missing something, Culexus will most likely unphase himself after killing Gerald and the moving wagon will still hit a wall and cause a massive explosion.
And what stops him from just surviving the explosion?

In the remote chance Gerald wins this he would be the new king of 8-C.

Think about that for a moment.

The Wright Way said:
And what stops him from just surviving the explosion?
The fact that an 8-C explosion was done on rollerblades and a station wagon would weild proportionaly larger results.

The fact that an 8-C explosion was done on rollerblades and a station wagon would weild proportionaly larger results.

And? Even if it's above his durability, I don't see why he can't survive. At worst, he's injured. I just don't see it killing him when the roller blades feat was near baseline to begin with.

The Wright Way said:
Again, what stops the Assassin's mind fuckery from just stopping him from hitting the gas? His probability has never prevented people's powers from working nor does it seem to protect him from what I can tell on the profile. It just seems to make bad stuff happen while he's driving and he always just miraculously tanks it, it's not like it all conveniently avoids him or his dura wouldn't be 8-C.

I'm going off the profile so don't judge me if I'm getting this wrong. I'm not familiar with any of the lore surrounding Gerald.
No one has addressed this by the way.

His probablility manip makes him come out of situations he has no right of surviving while simultaniously killing everyone involved. In the miraculous chance Culexus does kill Gerald, Culexus is already pretty much fated to die just from being in the same vicinity as Gerald.

His personnel file states that he was once mentally reconfigured so that he believed he was a duck.

It's never stated that his ridiculously bad luck was what ended up fixing his mind after that.

You still haven't proved it can do that against supernatural powers. Especially while he's suffering from the mother of all migraines. And if probability was just preventing stuff from hitting him, he wouldn't have 8-C durability. He's either surviving thanks to probability or durability, you can't have both.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'm... not sure what you mean when his probability business is not affecting his abilities.
No, its not effecting his abilites. I mean like, Assassin would just make a bad choice and not be constantly phasing through things. Remember that if he doesn't phase through it, even something like random flying debries may implant itself in his skull

The Wright Way said:
You still haven't proved it can do that against supernatural powers. Especially while he's suffering from the mother of all migraines. And if probability was just preventing stuff from hitting him, he wouldn't have 8-C durability. He's either surviving thanks to probability or durability, you can't have both.
Chances are that migrain is just gonna make him crash worse than he would have before. He actually does have both. He has taken insane amount of injurry (not just physical) and survived due to his luck, but has also tanked stuff as well. Its the combination of the two.

I think I am going to have to make Dr. Gerald a new spam character. He should have some fun combinations. I'll save Thunder McQueen for later. How do you think a match with Sad Larry would go?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
A super trained assassin made to hunt Psykers, Daemons and Daemon Princes, some of the worst things you could ever have the bad luck of finding in the Milky Way Galaxy on Warhammer, would just carelessly deactivate his phased state the moment after he has killed his target.

I'm sorry but what?

Because they can tell that Dr. Gerald has no abnormal warp presence at all. From the perspective of the assassin, he would be just a normal scientist. Especially since luck is not on his side here, and probability wise he would likely just simply have a lapse in judgement regardless of if he would normally take the job completely seriously

Nope, because Dr. Gerald's probability manipulation isn't normal. He is just insanely unlucky, which does not fall under the domain of the warp. Many of the other SCPs would be nulled by the Assassin, but I chose Gerald specifically because I know his abilities would not fall in with the warp even with verse equalization

It's still probability manipulation.

At it's core it only manipulates probability to make sure he doesn't get harmed but bad things happen around him from what I can gather, it doesn't matter how unorthadox, it isn't even that unorthadox. So it does fall under the Warp.

Nope. Just normal luck is not rooted in the warp even if the direct manipulation of it may be usually done via warp abilities. You cannot paint all of one ability as the same. For example, usually reality warping would obviously be equalised to the warp, but something like Styles from Medaka box do not equalize to the warp

It isn't listed as "normal luck". It's listed as probability manipulation. Even if it is just supernatural luck that's just some kind of force which manipulates probability for said character. So again at it's core it is probability manipulation imposed by something which isn't in his control. Which falls under the Warp. The Style "Contradictory Conjunction User" has been used by Warhammer characters before ironically an example would be Eldrad.

Yeah, because it isn't normal. It also isn't exactly supernatural luck because he has awful luck, which is what his ability is based in. His ability has no governance from a higher power, he is just really ******* unlucky. That is it.

I can guarantee it wasn't done by language manipulation. I do not doubt that some similar effect could be replicated by the usage of warp powers, but styles are not even technically super powers

So at this point you're arguing that his bad luck doesn't manipulate probability in the way I said. Making bad things happen around him whilst being unharmed himself. Any well-trained Thousand Son Sorceror can do this.

It doesn't matter how it was done they have the exact same effect.

Back