• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Doesn't Steven also have some crazy good stamina due to regen?
Steven's current stamina-tiering on here is probably a massive lowball. His stamina is insane. He's only half-human, so due to the energy from his gem it would take him longer than full-humans to actually die from starvation or anything (we know for example that he requires far less atmosphere/oxygen to breathe than normal humans). In an episode of the original series (where he was still much weaker), he showed the ability to instinctively maintain a bubble around himself to protect against the vacuum of space **even when falling unconscious and in the process of dying**, so his bubble is able to act with basically no stamina-drain at all and even with him falling unconscious. Now for an explanation of his stamina as shown in the movie (TL;DR at bottom):

In the movie, Steven got his gem "rejuvenated" so his gem was weakened to its early-Season-1 levels (the level it was at in the first episode, the only difference being that he now at least knew how to actually use his powers). HIS Regenerationn WAS NO LONGER WORKING! He proceeded to run all over the place doing all kinds of stuff, never shown eating and never resting for a full day from morning until evening. He then barely managed a fusion with his father Greg and used up nearly every last bit of the remaining power in his gem. Upon unfusing, Steven was severely drained, he had bags under his eyes and looked like a person who hadn't slept in two weeks and was dying from cancer. Even at that point, he went and proceeded to slightly lift Spinel's Injector (a Class M lifting feat which the rest of the verse below the High 6-A characters scale to) which drained the last drops of his power, then climbed all the way to the top of the Injector (hundreds of meters) while at that point basically already dying. At the top of the Injector, Spinel (who's Tier 7-A+ while Steven had no gem-power left) beat the living crap out of him for an extended period, it was the most brutal beating ever in the entire series up to that point, while his Regenerationn wasn't working (his nose was broken and bleeding, and with a couple of her hits you could actually hear his bones break; one of the hits on his face was in a position identical to where an X-Ray in the sequel series showed he suffered a severe skull-fracture). At that point, he got over some psychological issues and his gem's power suddenly returned, at which point he returned to completely full health and strength as if nothing had happened and proceeded to fight and defeat Spinel without showing any signs of fatigue afterwards.

TL;DR: Steven's stamina is so insane with his gemstone at full power that Cole would probably have to keep blasting attacks at his Bubble for at least a few weeks or months before Steven would finally give out and fall unconscious. Do we consider that inconclusive? Or should I be changing my vote to Cole with Extremely High Difficulty????

1. Steven requiring less oxygen than normal humans is headcanon, especially sense we explicitly see Steven pass out from oxygen deprivation in one the examples you provide.

2. The rest is admittedly fair, but it doesn't change the fact that Steven would still die of starvation or dehydration before Cole ran out of electricity to drain, even in an urban setting. Draining a lamp post a little bit is enough to bring up back to full strength.

@Wright Steven was able to hold his breath in space, was fine holding his breath in Lapis' bubble when connie nearly drowned, and survived outside the warp where there is no oxygen

He was also able to survive in either the upper atmosphere or completely outside the atmosphere in both Ocean Gem and Space Race and iirc he was able to survive on the moon with no source of oxygen

The Wright Way said:
Draining a lamp post a little bit is enough to bring up back to full strength.
Wow seriously? Then wasn't this unfair and stacked against Steven from the beginning since it is in NYC under SBA?

I CHANGE MY VOTE TO COLE. That being said, I feel that doing this match under SBA is unfair and bordering on a spite-thread, even if that wasn't the OP's intention. It sounds to me like putting Cole against anyone in his own tier-range **in the middle of a major city** is just unfair unless the opponent has limitless stamina, good hax, or can one-shot, given that the guy has limitless stamina himself in such a setting and has good Regenerationn.

I'm not just saying all that because I obviously like Steven so much. I would say that in pretty much ANY fight in which Cole is given the advantage of being in New York City, now that I understand how his powers work. Basically any match with Cole against an opponent who can't hax him or one-shot-stomp at a level his regen can't handle is basically bordering on or is a spite-thread, lol. This thread is just outright unfair. Just consider: You're putting Steven, who has AP a few times lower than Cole and inferior Regenerationn, against Cole in the middle of a place where the guy has limitless stamina and can regenerate endlessly. The only chance anyone could ever have against Cole in such a place is by one-shotting or haxxing, and since Steven doesn't have the AP or hax to do so, this was basically just unfair and stacked against Steven from the start. Yeeeeesh. Steven never stood a chance. Hasn't the poor boy been traumatized enough already? 😂😂😂😂😂

I mean, Naruto kicked Cole's ass under SBA not to long ago, so I don't really know what you mean. Being in a cuty certainly doesn't make Cole invincible.

I do kinda agree that this is a stomp, 7-A steven has no way to put Cole down or even do any damage especially given that 7-A SU is being downgraded

WeeklyBattles said:
@Blue 84 Megatons
I mean has this downgrade ACTUALLY been DECIDED on though, Weekly? From what I could see in the CRT, people just kind of. . . . .gave up and stopped takling about the Rubies feats, lol. Is there some other thread where this is being discussed, and if so can you link me?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I can't believe Cole stomped a small child. I guess the news was right, that guy is a menace </div>
I'm assuming this is some hilarious joke about Cole basically being an anti-hero in the verse he's from but the news-media there paintaing him as some kind of horrible villain? Lol.

@Goody Yeah, Cole's reputation is almost worse than Spider-Man's in verse. The dude gets blamed for everything. The funny thing is, they're technically right in inFAMOUS 1 sense it was his evil(ish) future self that did all the terrible things.

7-B

...I mean, if we used inFAMOUS 1 Cole than this fight would actually be more fair then it is now.

The Wright Way said:
@Goody Yeah, Cole's reputation is almost worse than Spider-Man's in verse. The dude gets blamed for everything. The funny thing is, they're technically right in inFAMOUS 1 sense it was his evil(ish) future self that did all the terrible things.
Ah wow, that's interesting! I'm not really a gamer but I do like watching play-throughs when stuff has a good storyline. Would you recommend the inFAMOUS series as something I would be entertained by watching one of those Youtube "Movie of the Game" videos of?

And oh okay I suddenly just realized why it's called "inFAMOUS," LMAO yeah that makes sense. That sounds like it would be soooo shitty, to have a version of yourself from the future come and do a bunch of evil stuff and then get blamed for it. I'm guessing that since then, the issue that it was his future-self was never revealed to or cleared up but the media, so from then on the guy got blamed for basically anything bad that happened when he was nearby? Lol.

But yeah it seems like as far as him on VsBattles goes, Cole is a very tough opponent as long as he has access to the power-grid in any way. Like Steven, he must be hard to make good/fair matches for, just for different reasons (stamina-hax instead of durability-hax), lol.

Personally? inFAMOUS is one of the best superhero games out there, easily matching the Arkham Series and Spider-Man PS4. The storyline and character development are great, but there is one hitch. The gameplay isn't to exciting to watch (it's basically a third person shooter with superpowers), but a lot of the character development and story is relayed through in gameplay conversations. Like, Cole would be talking on the phone while fighting bad guys and such. This makes it difficult for "movie of the game" videos to convey the full experience at times.

Actually, the meaning is multilayered. By the end of every game, Cole will have made a name for himself as a hero in whatever town he's in, making him FAMOUS to the people and inFAMOUS to the world at large. Furthermore, the game has a morality system. The Cole used in this fight was Good Cole, but it's entirely possible for you to play that game as a villain. Thus, the title is a rhetorical question. Will you he FAMOUS or inFAMOUS? One of inFAMOUS's strongest points for me is managing to make both Good and Evil Cole interesting characters with a degree of sympathy to them, to the point where you feel bad for Cole in both the Good and Evil endings to inFAMOUS 2 (no spoilers, but damn is it powerful).

Well, not really. Cole has one big weakness. He's terrible in close quarters. Roughly 90% of Cole matches come down to "can Cole's opponent beat him into the ground before he manages to gain distance and range spam?" Or some variant thereof.

The Wright Way said:
Huh okay it sounds like something that unfortunately wouldn't be fun to watch a play-through of, dang now I'm all disappointed. Lol.

Cole is terrible in CQC? Then maybe Steven COULD win? Ugh I dunno. Steven in this key is REALLY good at melee-combat, dude. Like, insanely so actually. He was able to defeat Spinel one-on-one in the movie, the same Gem who it took all three of the other main Crystal Gems (Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl) to subdue in a 3-on-1 fight. Spinel is INSANELY good and versatile at CQC, and also has crazy range because she has an elastic body. Her level of elasticity is like, somewhere between Luffy and Mr. Fantastic, and she uses it in an INCREDIBLY versatile and skilled way in combination with a very skilled hand-to-hand combat style. Nevertheless, as I said, once he got his powers back and got serious, Steven was good enough in combat that she couldn't even lay a finger on him.

Changing my vote back to INCLONCLUSIVE actually, again. This is just way too close to call. For real. I mean Cole has the big stamina-advantage being in NYC and all and a Regenerationn advantage, but Steven has his shields/bubble and he is apparently MUCH better than Cole at hand-to-hand combat.

Back