• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

"Thank you."

Selene said, taking hers.

"I should probably tell you what I actually plan to do. I want to establish a base of operations from which I will expand. I am intent upon creating a territory where this senseless chaos does not occur, and expanding it. Since you swore loyalty to me earlier, I would ask that you cooperate with me on this."

She said to Lilith.

"Thank you a lot, but ..."

The painter looks down at the bandage, then back up to Lilith.

"Where's the one for Maria ?"

It simply asks her, as only four bandages have been handed out, not five like the group was in numbers before when she promised the reward..

@The_Divine_Phoenix

“Sure sure. Just let me sleep already!”

She throws a pillow at Selene, homing into her face!

@
Overlord775

“I-Is she still alive? Well, I can’t exactly teleport it to her I don’t know where she is! Besides...it’s very volatile. It can only be teleported in short distances before imploding.”

She warps reality. Teleporting mud into her hands and flinging it towards the painter!

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Maria looks to horizon somberly and thinks of the ones she left behind. Despite her best efforts, she doesn't believe she's earned the right to see them again. Turning towards the villager, she runs her hand through her hair, a bit of exasperation in her voice.

"Difficult question. Long story short, no..."
“Oh? Damn...well I don’t think sitting in these woods are especially helpful either! Come with me! I have a warm place to settle in back in my home.”

He offers his hand to Maria.

“Oh? Damn...well I don’t think sitting in these woods are especially helpful either! Come with me! I have a warm place to settle in back in my home.”

He offers his hand to Maria.
She offers him a smile in return and takes ahold of his hand.

"You're very kind. I'd... gladly take you up on your proposal. Things haven't exactly been the easiest for me."

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Tha painter forms a distortion in the air flow to simply redirect the mud to the side.

"Yes, she's very much alive, furthermore i can sense her location and the bondage can just be handed over manually, so could you give it to us so we may give it to her when we cross paths again ?"

It asks Lilith further.

@MaidRips

“You can go into detail on the way there i-if you’d like...”

He pulls your arm, dragging you to the..fort ahead. Upon arrival, it seems he was no villager at all! You notice men reveling and drinking! Green ooze drooling down their lips as they laugh within the walls of wood. Bonfires flickering off of their bronze cloaks.

Their armors made of pipes and rusty steel in the shape of wolves.

“Here we are! I think I have a free tent open for you...”

@Overlord775

She nods her head. Pushing herself into the cushions, handing you the fifth bandage.

@Lilith Crew

You notice the fire extinguishes faster than normal. Lilith’s magic perhaps? Whatever it may be, it leaves you in darkness....

Jesus... this guy was intense! However, Korudo would gladly take the drink, taking a sip. "Sure, I will help you." He says, taking into note all of this... jesus christ this was quite the... experience. But he wasn't complaining.
“HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wonderful! Let’s see...”

clop clop whoosh

The metal pegasus leaps towards its master! Ready for him to take reign!

“Come with me Korudo! Let us as warriors...no...BROTHERS rule the skies! Let us conquer the world together and get you a real set of armor! Tatters will NOT do!”

Selene doesn't flinch at the pillow.

She doesn't require sleep, so she elects to keep watch and observe the area, check if it could be fortified well.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wonderful! Let’s see...”

clop clop whoosh

The metal pegasus leaps towards its master! Ready for him to take reign!

“Come with me Korudo! Let us as warriors...no...BROTHERS rule the skies! Let us conquer the world together and get you a real set of armor! Tatters will NOT do!”
He would look extremely confused but nod. He had nothing else to do, getting ready to go, by feet, running.

@The_Divine_Phoenix + co

The area was well hidden...that’s mostly it. Smells of rotting corpses would naturally house the wolf beasts, which is what Lilith is depending on for defense...

rustle rustle

On the right, it seems Alexander has risen up in a panic. He didn’t remember his journey it seems.

thump

On the other side, he threw a pillow at Lilith’s tent. Not pleased at the unexpected visitors.

silence fills the back of the cave.

whoosh CRACKLE

...While a gust of wind fills the entrance. A flash of lightening burning through the retinas of those who see it!

@Listentomyrhytm

“GAHAHAHAHAHAA! This never gets old!”

You fly into the skies! The stalks of wheat being blow away by the shockwaves of the pegasus’s wings!

“Why don’t you tell me more about yourself lad? We’ve hardly met and I only know your name!”

@MaidRips

“You can go into detail on the way there i-if you’d like...”

He pulls your arm, dragging you to the..fort ahead. Upon arrival, it seems he was no villager at all! You notice men reveling and drinking! Green ooze drooling down their lips as they laugh within the walls of wood. Bonfires flickering off of their bronze cloaks.

Their armors made of pipes and rusty steel in the shape of wolves.

“Here we are! I think I have a free tent open for you...”

@Overlord775

She nods her head. Pushing herself into the cushions, handing you the fifth bandage.

@Lilith Crew

You notice the fire extinguishes faster than normal. Lilith’s magic perhaps? Whatever it may be, it leaves you in darkness....
She grows surprised upon the sight of the fort. Not quite the cozy cabin she was expecting. And with the looks of the far from sober men in the cabin, her face turns slightly worried. She's coming to regret being the only woman in the vicinity. Hopefully, none of them get any ideas. Growing further away from the subject, however, she never was one for military work. The girl craved adventure in her youth, but fighting endless wars for her country never quite appealed to her. She nods in response to the offer. It would be rude to turn it down.

"Alright... thank you. But might I ask where exactly... this is?"

“I-It’s home...for me. I didn’t want them finding you before I did. They would have hurt you otherwise...managed to convince them you slew those wolves out in the fields. Told them those things were no good if they couldn’t take down one mage, that you better on our side!”

He hands you a plate of steaming meat. Further analysis appears to reveal it is wolf. The same stalking you! A delicacy it is then.

“Not sure where your from, but I’ve had worse than this. You know what? I’m betting you’ll like it even!”

@Listentomyrhytm

“GAHAHAHAHAHAA! This never gets old!”

You fly into the skies! The stalks of wheat being blow away by the shockwaves of the pegasus’s wings!

“Why don’t you tell me more about yourself lad? We’ve hardly met and I only know your name!”
"Wo..." He coughs a bit. "...ah" He says, as he starts flying along the pegasus. "Well... The truth is that I don't have much memories before I got here. However... I know how to use my powers, and that I dislike extremely cold stuff." He says, in a bit of thought

Whether or not Selene was looking at it at the time, her senses certainly alerted her of it.

She became ready for things to turn for the worst once more.

"Everyone, be alert."

She whispered to the others there, expecting aid in analysis and the like.

@East gang

Upon entering the metal shell, you notice it’s emptiness towering over you. Small bridges and ladders twirl all over the place. Out of all them...one leads to the head of the mech. Revealing a control panel on top. Buttons and runes decorate the tablet.

INTRUDERS SPOTTED!

A few golems manifest behind them! Swinging their axe, it’s kinetic wave of energy crashing towards you!
Hector at first pulled out his revolver, but then thought that it's kind of useless to use it against someone so big and tough.
("It looks like a good chance to test mechs, however it would be risky") - Thought Hector at the moment, so at first he decided to use his mental grenade and throw it to golems. Golems became confused and started to attack each other instead.
"Ok, if someone can, please try those metal giants in action, I'll take some time!"- Screamed Hector and ran towards golems for using more confusion grenades.

Tengoku no Gaka nods at the holy knight, the ten truth seeking balls materialize behind him as it scans the surronding area with both it's senses and info gathering.

At the same time, it keeps guard over the presumebly sleeping Lilith, sending a telephatic message to to try wake her up.

"Wake up ! It appears we are under assault."

[ @ThisThingisReallyBroken ]

@The_Divine_Phoenix + Co

Your analysis reveals a silhouette illuminated by the lighting strike! It’s hand stuck in a waving position...

BOOM

Tangeku’s truth orbs strike at it, ridding the silhouette. Revealing nothing else past it...

“Selene! I’m here!”

Maria? Her voice echos outside of the cave...

The Truth Seeking Balls return behind the Painter.

"Don't you try play tricks on us. You are not Maria, she has left to go on her own path to become stronger, so she would have never returned this soon, and furthermore she lacks the pinpoint teleportation that would have been needed to even arrive here without prior knowlage."

Tengoku no Gaka responds to the voice.

Last edited:
@Overlord775 + co

“Hey toots! It’s me! Turns out Maria was a bit of a scaredy-cat and decided to come back a lil early!”

“W-What?! Don’t listen to him he’s lying!”

thud thud

You feel the chakra you gave Maria honing in to your senses as she steps toward. This must be her!

M-Maria? Back so soon?! What are you doing here at this time? I thought your died..I-well it’s nice to see you again I suppose...”

Lilith has woken up it seems.

“Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone already?! Unless Maria had attacked you two prior I don’t believe we are in any danger!”

@Oliver_de_jesus + East gang

EXCSHHHH

The buttons unleash strings on you, each connecting to your limbs..however

Thump thump

...golems do not like being ignored. The mental wave doesn’t work for they are just machinery. Attracted to the noise you make, they swing another wave of kinetic energy at you.

@Oliver_de_jesus + East gang

EXCSHHHH

The buttons unleash strings on you, each connecting to your limbs..however

Thump thump

...golems do not like being ignored. The mental wave doesn’t work for they are just machinery. Attracted to the noise you make, they swing another wave of kinetic energy at you.

"damn cables"
Noah was motivated to make this work, he tries to activate it by pressing a random button

"Please"

("Crap, I have to take some more time")- Thought Hector.
He jumps in one of the golems, hit him at full strength of his hand created by psychic powers. Also he tries to decrease the power of golems and try to avoid attacks by his acrobatics and levitation.

“I-It’s home...for me. I didn’t want them finding you before I did. They would have hurt you otherwise...managed to convince them you slew those wolves out in the fields. Told them those things were no good if they couldn’t take down one mage, that you better on our side!”

He hands you a plate of steaming meat. Further analysis appears to reveal it is wolf. The same stalking you! A delicacy it is then.

“Not sure where your from, but I’ve had worse than this. You know what? I’m betting you’ll like it even!”
"I see... Well, I won't forget your kindness. To be honest, I almost got captured by one of these things. And I'm not.... really a mage. Not yet. Just someone with a sufficient amount of magic talent, I suppose. I'm trying to find a teacher or -- something, but those corpses suggest it's not going to be easy. But, I digress. My name is Maria. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She'd offer a kind smile before looking down towards the plate of meat. A slight head tilt before she starts chomping it down without a second thought, all those noble manners dashing away in an instant. Even the bird perched, peeking out of her hat looks taken aback at just how sloppy an eater she is.

“Maria! Ah! What an amazing name! Y-You know that reminds me of a song actually...my mother used to sing it to me or was it Gloria? I could never remember...well if you want a mage-”

Chewing on piece of meat as well, he smiles for moment noticing Maria gobbling down on the food.

“Well...om..when you meet done eating of course, you can find ours in the big tent. He usually likes to keep to himself but...maybe you can change that?”

“Maria! Ah! What an amazing name! Y-You know that reminds me of a song actually...my mother used to sing it to me or was it Gloria? I could never remember...well if you want a mage-”

Chewing on piece of meat as well, he smiles for moment noticing Maria gobbling down on the food.

“Well...om..when you meet done eating of course, you can find ours in the big tent. He usually likes to keep to himself but...maybe you can change that?”
Maria gulps down the meal and wipes herself with a napkin to clean up. Then, she perks her head up a bit and notices the opportunity, but not before uttering something to herself, slowly adding another possible piece to the puzzle.

"Ah -- ... I didn't know you all still had Laura Branigan in this universe ... But yes. I've admittedly had a bad track record with meeting new people and them attempting murder, but, third time's the charm, as they say. I'd love to meet him. I also... can't thank you enough for your kindness. Thank you."

She stands up, placing her plate on a nearby stump and gives a curtsey. Her direction is pointed towards the larger tent and she nods, beginning to stroll over. Maria clears her throat, attempting to muster up her best manners. Screwing this one up simply couldn't be a possibility. At least, she hoped not.

“No worries! He can be a bit prudish but hey...he’s the best we have. I’ll wait for you outside if it makes you comfortable!”

He waves, walking with you before leaning on the gold cloth fort.

whoosh

The flaps are opened with a gust of air! A hiding his visage within a skull, only leaving his pitch hair exposed.The brine diamonds gleaming off the surface as he stares you down with the fiery dawns trapped in his pupils.

thump thump

His dim moss cloak brushing against yours as he approaches...

“I. Said. No. Visitors”

A deep breath as she saw the man approach. It would be a lie to say she wasn't struck with a bit of nervousness at the moment, but she did her best to not let it show. Her avian companion stayed quietly within her hat, as to not embarrass her. For fear had swept into it's mind as well. Her muddy red dress and messy hair gave the impression of a tainted flower - a product of what this world could do to new faces. But hers still held determination, bravery, and intelligence. Things that she hoped would get her by.

"I'm not just a visitor to your tent. I'm a visitor to your world. I am Maria of the Chrysanthemum house, and I desperately need a teacher. I've seen the cruelties of this land and they've humbled me. I know there's much that I must learn if I am to survive and save others from death. I only ask that you teach me them at any cost you prefer. Servitude, coin, any favor at all. I am prepared to sacrifice my honor if that's what it takes. Please, teach me."

She knelt on one knee. The heiress. Who was once above it all, lowering her head to someone she didn't even know.

“Hm?”

He approaches even closer. His eyes hovering your own nose as he towers over you...

“That...is not what I expected. Hmm...hmmm. Hmph! No...I have no need for any of your “services”. However what I am more interested is in what you just said. Not from this world,huh? Strange. You didn’t happen to come from the East did you? Very few of the villagers here hardly care for anything that doesn’t effect their survival but I am one of the privileged few who has the time...and well-being to do so! D-Did you cause the sun to fall per chance?”

Last edited:
"Yes."

She nodded, without lifting up her head, staying knelt as a show of respect, though slightly relieved of his lack of needs. There was only one time she had to wear a maid outfit, and that occasion had best be saved for another time. With the drunkards around, it would have been the worst-case scenario anyways. But, she would go onto explain the situation as he questioned.

"That was a side-effect of my arrival. Many were frightened of me when I first came here. I suppose power like that isn't very common in your world?"

heh

He stoops down to Maria’s level.

thud

...knocking her scalp with his wood knuckes.

“No. Maybe an illusion or two, but that’s it. I know it was real because I happen to be the most reliable source of information around here...sigh..and I asked my colleagues as well...”

He stands up. Backing away from you and tossing a book from his cloak.

“Hmph.You’d really think the last you’d need to learn is magic. You’ve made it this far without being torn apart and robbed by the “King’s” men.”

His hands warp reality to open a rift. Revealing a lush sanctuary spotted with trees! Birds chirp and flutter around the gateway as he gestures for you to enter. Crashing of streams and waterfalls can be heard in this haven.

“I haven’t got all day! Let’s go!”

Slightly, the effects of the Avery Unit play into the tiny knock, her head swinging backwards, eyes reduced to tiny circulating spirals complete with cartoonish birds swirling around her head. But, this was momentary, shaking off the hit in only a moment, just in time to hear him begin his next sentence. She catches the book in an instant. Years of experience had given her the reflexes.

She chuckled. It was true that in terms of dominating the common folk, she had no problem. But it was this world's magic that confused her. It was so much different than the traditional magic she was taught be her tutors. Simplistic, yet powerful. The complexity present here was something she lacked, and gave mages like the Illusionist the upper advantage over her. But as soon as the rift opened, a bright smile crossed her face from ear to ear. Finally, the tribulations had paid off. Maria didn't waste a second passing through. Such a stark contrast to the hellscape she saw during her travels. Beautiful, filled with flourishing nature and what seemed to be fresh water. Turning to the elder man, she was sure to show the expression on her visage, which only became wider - sweeter.

"Yes ... ! Of course! Thank you!"

@Overlord775 + co

“Hey toots! It’s me! Turns out Maria was a bit of a scaredy-cat and decided to come back a lil early!”

thud thud

You feel the chakra you gave Maria honing in to your senses as she steps toward. This must be her!

M-Maria? Back so soon?! What are you doing here at this time? I thought your died..I-well it’s nice to see you again I suppose...”

“Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone already?! Unless Maria had attacked you two prior I don’t believe we are in any danger!”
“Hmmmmmm”
Anna uses her analysis to check out Maria

@Overlord775 + co

thud thud

"We saw a mysterius silouette right before she appeared, it's probably a trick."

The Painter mentally responds to Lilith, as he keeps his guard up. Even though he can feel the chakra he gave her, the fact that she came right after the lightning and the incosistencies with her travel and his previous points make him feel something is fishy.

"If you are really Maria, then you sure must remember what we talked about in my dimension, right ?"

While it's possible that it's Maria, it's better safe than sorry.

Back