• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

@Listentomyrhytm

“REBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! HURRRRAGAAAHAHAHAAAA!”

The hoof of the the steed crushes the apparition’s head in! A wail of agony screeches out into the landscape ahead! Flinging the stalks into the skies and causing your bones to shake! Blood freezing on your own arm!

“Hmph!”

Though slightly dazed, the knight was not phased! His hat radiating a large sun upon his head, blinding the blinds the beast...

THUMP THUMP YAAAAAAGHHH.

Now lies the time for the true test. The beast lifted its skull from the ground. Pieces of an outline that was similar to a jaw crashing into between the two! Even it’s mouth alone dwarfing the group.

rumble rumble

Rising from the wounds, it’s size is now made clear. Writhing and crunching sounds can be heard under the invisible mass. Whispers turn into gargled pleads:

No! Nononononono...please. Please. I’m begging you...”

It body shadows the sun. Dwarfing any mountain you have ever seen!

“HOLD TIGHT AND STEADY BOY! DRAW YOUR WEAPONS AND AIM AT THE LEGS! THE MORE WE HAVE A CHANCE OF SURVIVING!”

With the horse now in your control, the knight leaps onto the beast. Jabbing it’s lance into its heart.

Last edited:
Anna checked to make sure no one was watching. When she was sure no one was she opened up her faceplate and gave Maria a hug

”Ok then. Keep safe for me, ok?”
"I swear.”

Shutting her eyes, she would open her arms open to her embrace, and knowing that this would possibly be the last time they’d ever likely meet, bestowed a small kiss onto her cheek. But, this of course was made short by the avian.

"C’mon, toots. We gotta get goin’! Before anybody else finds out we’re blowin’ this popsicle stand!”

The bird began to pull the heiress backwards by the collar as she helplessly yet awkwardly waves goodbye, disappearing through use of a Portable Hole.

@Yobo_Blue

It seems Anna forgot that the painter was right next to the two of them, so it most likely saw, but he doesn't seem bothered in the least nor react at all even, just looking at where Maria was, thinking.

He then teleports off.

@MaidRips

Maria would feel a familiar gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Hey."

The voice of the painter sounded.

Last edited:
@Listentomyrhytm

“REBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! HURRRRAGAAAHAHAHAAAA!”

The hoof of the the steed crushes the apparition’s head in! A wail of agony screeches out into the landscape ahead! Flinging the stalks into the skies and causing your bones to shake! Blood freezing on your own arm!

“Hmph!”

Though slightly dazed, the knight was not phased! His hat radiating a large sun upon his head, blinding the blinds the beast...

THUMP THUMP YAAAAAAGHHH.

Now lies the time for the true test. The beast lifted its skull from the ground. Pieces of an outline that was similar to a jaw crashing into between the two! Even it’s mouth alone dwarfing the group.

rumble rumble

Rising from the wounds, it’s size is now made clear. Writhing and crunching sounds can be heard under the invisible mass. Whispers turn into gargled pleads:

No! Nononononono...please. Please. I’m begging you...”

It body shadows the sun. Dwarfing any mountain you have ever seen!

“HOLD TIGHT AND STEADY BOY! DRAW YOUR WEAPONS AND AIM AT THE LEGS! THE MORE WE HAVE A CHANCE OF SURVIVING!”

With the horse now in your control, the knight leaps onto the beast. Jabbing it’s lance into its heart.
Tsk! Korudo never rode a horse... however, he tries his best to keep the horse running, not leaving, but merely running laps as to try and predict or well... dodge anything the beast may throw. He felt sorry for the beast but... survival is survival. As he threw a Shuriken attached with a Paper Bomb towards it.

Maria felt like Alice in her Wonderland for a brief moment. Being completely honest, her entire journey thus far felt like it was akin to the works of Carrol. But the similarities most lied in the way she fell seemingly endlessly through her portal before arriving where she had left before at her feet. She calmed herself with the Avery Unit’s personification at her shoulder, perched and tilting it’s head, awaiting an order or direction.

Then ...

@Overlord775

"What is it?”

@Listentomyrhytm

BOOOOOOOOOOM!

The bombs were especially effective! Such accuracy had snuck by the joints, crippling the beast and...

rumble

...bringing it to its knees. The noble leaps onto it’s back! Pummeling it’s wigging spine! It swings it’s arms at you, crying:

Why? I WANT TO SEE MY SON!

“Good work lad- MOVE THE DAMN HORSE AWAY! DON’T LISTEN TO ITS WORDS, ITS BEYOND SAVING NOW!”

"I can share some of my Chakra, a kind of spiritual energy, with you, so that you may be able to utilize it on your own with enough training and cultivate it."

The painter explains.

"That's very kind of you. I may not want to do this with my hand held ... but I suppose I can take you up on your offer."

"Alright then."

The divine being nods, as it then moves it's hand to Maria's back and makes a portion of it's Chakra flow from it's body into hers, a visible blue stream being the visual clue of this. After a few moments, the transfer was complete, as the heiress would feel the energy flowing within her.

Last edited:
Maria breaths in and feels reinvigorated with the Chakra's flow. Somewhat stronger, feeling as if her senses have increased dramatically. She gives an affirming nod towards the other and a small bow before wordlessly turning away North, in order to observe her surroundings and get a good scope of the area. The bird gently pecks the heiress on the cheek before she does though.

"I don't get any of this anime mumbo-jumbo, do you?"

@Listentomyrhytm

BOOOOOOOOOOM!

The bombs were especially effective! Such accuracy had snuck by the joints, crippling the beast and...

rumble

...bringing it to its knees. The noble leaps onto it’s back! Pummeling it’s wigging spine! It swings it’s arms at you, crying:

Why? I WANT TO SEE MY SON!

“Good work lad- MOVE THE DAMN HORSE AWAY! DON’T LISTEN TO ITS WORDS, ITS BEYOND SAVING NOW!”
"...Alright. I'll believe you, however... I will still say." He points towards the beast. "I am sorry... but I have to survive." He says, as he moves the horse away. Moving to stay out of the beast's range... yet still, he would throw a few Shurikens... and then! Doing a few hand signs, he creates Shadow Clones, which would charge up... A blue sphere of Chakra... it seemed to be a Rasengan.

@MaidRips

"Train to utilize this Chakra i gave you to unite the energies of your spirit and body, so you may be able to gain more on your own."

The painter give her an advice on how to utilize the chakra.

"I hope you farewell."

It then bids Maria goodbye.

Last edited:
"Thanks for the infoooo..."

With that, Maria was turned completely invisible to the eye, wandering the only way she knew would grant her some peace. Forwards. Trudging ahead into the unknown while the others went their own way. With these newly untapped powers, the bonded synthetic parasite and her Chakra, she felt a bit more confident in herself. And yet, Lilith's words were heavy on her soul. She repeated them over in her head as she explored ahead.

@Listentomyrhytm

BOOM CRACKLE!

YAAAAAAAAAAGH!

It’s belly bursts open from your blows. It’s intestines flying towards you...

however, with a keen eye. One can see the silhouettes of hundreds of people!! Squirming and clawing their way through the fleshy walls! Wails of children and women can be heard all along the way...

All saying one thing:

I’m sorry.

The silhouettes burst out, unleashing a tidal wave of spatial people at Korudo. Clawing reality itself with their nails to reach him!

“IT IS ALMOST DEAD BOY! HRRRRRRRRRAGHHHHHAHAHA!

With it’s spine ripped clean off by the lord, it’s body falls apart! The stalks of wheat caught within its invisible fluid deconstructing away!

“I DO NOT WANT A SINGLE SCRATCH ON GLORIA! GET YOUR ARSE AWAY FROM THE BASTARDS!”

@MaidRips (Split from the group)

“Ahem.”

Your sense pick up a presence! Further analysis give way to a silhouette on your right...

Shnk

Misfed old information it seems, there was someone there...but not any more. A sword quickly unsheathes and prods your throat from your left!

“You wouldn’t happen to find a few dogs with collars on them...would you?”

Whoever they would be being hidden in the shadows. Their voice sounding like a brisk wind rather than a humans...

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

BEE-BEE-BEEP.

Peering red eyes almost immediately pick up on the oncoming threat. If fate allowed, said sword would become subject to the warpings of the combined efforts of the Avery United and the dreaded abilities she was gifted with. Thanks to the awakening she experienced before hand -- they were amped to eleven. It's form would shift into that of a harmless balloon sword with the avian poking it with it's beak to pop it.

"We'll be askin' the questions around here, wise guy! Who are ya and whaddya want!?"

It succeeds! Turning his sword into a balloon.

Pop

“Kekekekekeke! Now,now! Settle down woman, I mean you no harm....”

Whoosh

He vanishes! Attempts to track his location are met with a silhouette of his last known location...behind you? He wasn’t left at all it appears!

“If I did, you wouldn’t be standing there with your head intact. My sword isn’t the only weapon in my arsenal”

A voice...but where? The bushes rustle, but where can he be?

crack

A pebble flys behind you. Your abilities allow you to notice, but is it because he wanted for it to be?

zap

Something doesn’t seem right about it. Physics don’t seem to bind it’s strange arc towards your shoulder.

Last edited:
She directs her attention towards the bushes, trusting her ears rather than her eyes. Her mind is concentrated more on fighting the threat, while the synthetic parasite is focused on making the threats. They seemed to share the exact same thoughts and interests, anyways. A Portable Hole manifests behind her. It's physics aren't bound, but if it's direction was where she thought it was going -- WHOOSH. The portal would redirect it's course once fallen through it's bottomless void, the twin connecting the two holes appearing behind the bushes, aiming to hit whatever was behind it.

"Coulda fooled us. Lemme see ya unarmed. Then we'll talk."

@Listentomyrhytm

BOOM CRACKLE!

YAAAAAAAAAAGH!

It’s belly bursts open from your blows. It’s intestines flying towards you...

however, with a keen eye. One can see the silhouettes of hundreds of people!! Squirming and clawing their way through the fleshy walls! Wails of children and women can be heard all along the way...

All saying one thing:

I’m sorry.

The silhouettes burst out, unleashing a tidal wave of spatial people at Korudo. Clawing reality itself with their nails to reach him!

“IT IS ALMOST DEAD BOY! HRRRRRRRRRAGHHHHHAHAHA!

With it’s spine ripped clean off by the lord, it’s body falls apart! The stalks of wheat caught within its invisible fluid deconstructing away!

“I DO NOT WANT A SINGLE SCRATCH ON GLORIA! GET YOUR ARSE AWAY FROM THE BASTARDS!”
Korudo would gulp a bit, however, he would try to get away. Hopping off the horse, and then grabbing out of his pocket, a Chaos Emerald!

"Chaos Control!" He would shout, trying to stop time! As a beam gets released onto the beast... stopping time only for the Beast and its attack.

If successful, he would sigh, as the Shadow Clones finish charging the Rasengan, and turn it into a Rasenshuriken! As they throw it towards the Spatial people, utilizing the space manipulation from his Chaos Energy... to have it be in the same space as the spatial people. Finally, time would resume.

Once time resumes, the clones would turn into balls, trying to home onto the beast!

"I am... so sorry." He apologizes.

@MaidRips

“Fool you? How can you fool a fool? Hehehehehe...”

The pebble enters the hole with no issue, entering...right back on top of you. A stick caresses your cheek. This time his voice rings like the droplets of rain.

“...never trust your senses! How about we play for a bit? Guess where am I? If you guess right...I’ll let you hit me. If you guess wrong...I’ll pull an ear off you.”

“Before we do, it would be unfair of me not to give you a hint! Ahehheehe...you see I moved very little. Only a slight step the other way...my aura is everywhere. My sounds that of the woods. Good luck!”

Everything falls silent. The stick vanishing as well...

CAW CAW

On the right, birds chirp and fly away from a clear disturbance within the trees! Does he lie there?

squeak

On the left, one mouse scurries across to another bush past the corpses. Maybe there?

The middle remains silent.

whoosh

While a gust of leaves creep where your back is...

Last edited:
“Fool you? How can you fool a fool? Hehehehehe...”

The pebble enters the hole with no issue, entering...right back on top of you. A stick caresses your cheek. This time his voice rings like the droplets of rain.

“...never trust your senses! How about we play for a bit? Guess where am I? If you guess right...I’ll let you hit me. If you guess wrong...I’ll pull an ear off you.”

“Before we do, it would be unfair of me not to give you a hint! Ahehheehe...you see moved very little. Only a slight step the other way...my aura is everywhere. My sounds that of the woods. Good luck!”

Everything falls silent. The stick vanishing as well...

CAW CAW

On the right, birds chirp and fly away from a clear disturbance within the trees! Does he lie there?

squeak

On the left, one mouse scurries across to another bush past the corpses. Maybe there?

The middle remains silent.

whoosh

While a gust of leaves creep where your back is...
"Aw, dangit! It's a mind game! I failed the SAT! Well, it's all up to you, sister!"

Maria grumbles upon the confusing violations of her senses. Another situation where she's about completely helpless. She slumps over, just about ready to open her mouth and surrender, possibly accepting whatever cruel and unusual punishment THIS monster wanted with her. When suddenly...

"Hey! What're ya doin'! We can't let this dumbo mess with ya again! Ya know what they say! Third time's the charm, right?"

The bird perked against her cheek, nuzzling the spot where the stick had been. Maria gently pets the avian but returns her focus towards the trees. She can't make heads or tails of whatever's after her, but remains quiet either way. She's grown accustomed to letting her speak for her. Her mind is grown at work. The birds alert the pet bird who squawks loudly at the trees. The Eyes Of Argus spot the mouse with little difficulty. And the gust of leaves provide her with the wind's swooshing. But...

"It's a trick question. The woods don't sound like anything without anything to work off of it. A lone tree requires something to pressure it to make a sound."

With that, a sinister grin slides across her face and with eyes bursting open, dozens of concentrated energy beams strike the middle. Never trust her senses. That was the real hint. The answer lied within where she could sense nothing.

cPsn_qYdVaSpsKHnHrIr0ldpsu-0rYH5g0TF0LuUqTm-VGjyq-JcKlGegACmHGB9gyssbQEgBooJdE1MVY13aM8-XovMktvdWSsMbxFqFgbl9nM8P6hzqm31gvgaF7pK6_qXq5gf

Selene looked at whoever remained here at the moment and hadn't split yet.

"Well, with her departed, I suppose figuring out our next move is necessary. I'll make it clear, then. I intend to try to gain control of territory and establish a place where the pointless slaughter is halted. For that, I'd need a defensible base in the normal world. I will accept any who are willing to join me. Otherwise, we should likely go our own separate ways."

She stated to the remaining group.

@Listentomyrhytm

Time immortalizes the movement of the spatial beast, freezing it as it reaches out to Korudo. Outlines of tears flowing in the remains of it’s skull.

The rest of the blows...

BOOOM SPLURCH

Finish off the horde. All seems quiet...

Whoosh

That is until the knight comes crashing down! His body slathered in flesh of the beast.

“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Well done lad! You’ve kept my horse and yourself alive! Tell me...what is your name?”

@MaidRips

AGH!

A groan can be heard from the center of the woods. The sound of blood dripping upon the soil catching Maria’s attention.

clap clap clap clap...

A cloaked figure creeps out of the bushes. Snapping his sinew together and dragging his leg away from the weeds, approaching Maria...

“Agh...ha..ha..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. You did it...well done. Here’s you something to savor your victory with...”

Pushing off his brown cloak from his chest, reveals a massive hole where the Eyes of Argus had struck. A black heart dangling from a sinew.

“A friendship has been struck!”

He kneels. The shroud of cloth still hiding every inch of his body, even the massive hole. Which...

splech

...has stopped bleeding

“Now! What would you like me to answer for you madam?”

"Odd question but are you a concept integral to the existence of worlds with demons?" I ask.
Noah is confused by that question, but tries to answer it as best he can.

"No, or well I'm not sure, I have seen many nightmare creatures trying to kill me and especially when I go to the Nether, but it is the place with the most Gold and the greatest ease of travel there is" Noah replied, I was not sure if that was the answer that William wanted

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Maria's devilish smile grew into a calmer one once she had finished the mind trial. Even the parasite's manifestation began clapping, spreading confetti all over her face that immediately disappeared, rather like the wound in his chest. Soon, she retreated back into her hat, nothing that her need to translate passive thoughts into aggression was not necessary. Her much calmer demeanor flowed like a river's current, waving her hand to express her desires. A friendship? Unlikely, considering how the last one went, but she went ahead anyways. He seemed as if he was satisfied with her at the moment.

"I want to know where one can go to hone their skills. I am... a mage in training, I suppose you could say. And thus far, I feel vastly out of my league. Can you tell me where I might head to become stronger and more efficient in my spells? And possibly where I might find civilization?"

"You see I am old very old I think I stopped counting after a million years over those years I met several demon hunters sharing your name each after the last died, all with a similar behavior pattern. I just thought you should know." I say.

@Listentomyrhytm

Time immortalizes the movement of the spatial beast, freezing it as it reaches out to Korudo. Outlines of tears flowing in the remains of it’s skull.

The rest of the blows...

BOOOM SPLURCH

Finish off the horde. All seems quiet...

Whoosh

That is until the knight comes crashing down! His body slathered in flesh of the beast.

“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Well done lad! You’ve kept my horse and yourself alive! Tell me...what is your name?”
Korudo would sigh a bit, before noticing the Knight. As he responds with a slight smile. "Me? I am Korudo Purei." He says, with a hand slightly stretched. "And yeah... I sensed a strong energy from it, so I tried to avoid as much attacks as I could..."

The Shadow Clones would disappear, as they had finished their deed!

Selene looked at whoever remained here at the moment and hadn't split yet.

"Well, with her departed, I suppose figuring out our next move is necessary. I'll make it clear, then. I intend to try to gain control of territory and establish a place where the pointless slaughter is halted. For that, I'd need a defensible base in the normal world. I will accept any who are willing to join me. Otherwise, we should likely go our own separate ways."

She stated to the remaining group.
“hold on, we still need to meet up with Lilith. I’m interested in your proposal, but I want whatever reward she gets split too.”

@MaidRips

“You? Nonononono, you clearly have never been in Frijed or...sniff...anywhere really. Mages are not well loved by the people here. There are no schools! Mages here learn on their own, or die trying! If you would care to look at the branches, you would notice most of the failures hang from the trees. That being said...it is very clear Li-that girl you met has a few tricks you lack. Perhaps ask her instead.”

The figure stands, revealing his wound to be healed. Cloth somehow wrapping itself around it to hide the empty wound.

whoosh

He levitates off the ground, using his hands to scratch the bark of the trees and turns it into a wood sword.

“I am no longer vulnerable now...but as a courtesy I will stay for a while longer. Now, I have answered your questions. It is time you to answer mine.”

Revealings his lips as he speaks, you noticed scraps of human skin dangling from it. The mouth fitting more like puzzle pieces grafted to each other using various other lips for both man and animal.

“What has happened with the wolves?”

Back