• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

"Thanks, I have Clairvoyance powers so now I can look closer at stuff that longer from us, the road seems about safe, so we can go right now, does you have a map?"
“I dont have a map, we’ll have to find one or some other way to tell which way to go”

(Btw my max range is 10s of kilometres so its outside mine as well)

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Yobo_Blue @MaidRips @HowManyMemes

As the group arrive, they find themselves in a pure white world, everything being flat all the way to the orizon and even past that.

Though, it's not void nor is it empty, for it has atmospheric condictions simlar to earth, though without clouds oddly enough, and furthermore the dimension was filled with floating canvases, of all shapes and size, some tiny, some giagantic, depicting scenes of all sorts of things going from simple scenearies, to fierce battlefields, to even just peculiarly nice weddings, all captured there by presumebly the painter friends of theirs.

All of that is illuminated by a giant golden heart in the sky, it's light acting as the sun of that world and irradiating positive energy and warmth.

Oh, and there's also one white, red and black traditional japense-style tiny building just standing there, most lively Tangoku no Gaka's house.

"Boy! You're a real piece'a work, ain'tcha!?"

A sudden voice calls towards the heiress in her sleep. She clenches the ground in instinct, but she's unable to move her body. Is this what they call sleep paralysis? Slight groaning noises escape her as her eyes dart back and forth to find the source of the voice.

"Yeah, you're tough and all, but 'yer not NEARLY as good as I am! 'Specially with good ol' Avery at your side! C'mon! We're gettin' bored!"

The Avery Unit is meant to be utilized with absolute concentration, Maria. You mustn't trouble yourself with outside influences. This takes absolute focus. Try not to feel anything. Just do as you're told for papa, alright?
Eyes dilate, at least in her dream. They turn a scarlet red, a chill going up her spine as she hears both voices swarm her head, both of past and present. Possibly future? Her breathing becomes quick, still unable to speak a single word. All she remembers is passing out, and now this squeaky, distorted voice is calling to her. But she's heard this voice before. In her dreams, her nightmares, her imagination... It's the Spirit Of The Avery Unit.

"You've been holdin' me back for a long time, I hope ya know! But I ain't gonna force ya! After all, ya gotta reboot your own potential sometime! But until that happens, just let go of all those things those people told ya! They aren't how Avery's s'possed to be used at all! Avery takes your wildest dreams and brings them to life. So just dream bigger.... let those emotions out! Stop restrainin' yourself! After all, we ARE the strongest, aren't we?"

Maria's head shivered and shook until she came to a realization. She was denying herself. Each time she activated the Avery Unit, it came from a place of despair and fear. She recollected all those cartoons she used to see on television. Those that helped her thorough the loneliest moments of her life. Her happiness, her freedom. That was where the true power of the synthetic parasites came from. Engraved in her mind. She needed to control them, make use of them. Become more than a woman. Unleash her dreams and make them reality...

"Now ... it's time 'ta paint the town RED!"

Maria suddenly awakens from her slumber in a cold sweat, panting heavily as though she's just seen a ghost.

@PsychoWarper @Olegattor

Mulching pass the flesh soaking in sea water, you find a crystal. It flickers on the touch of your fingers, projecting a woman with butterflies for eyes and azure silk coating her body. Her face paler than the sand around you. She speaks....

“Head East Ratavader. Use the old machines there to return home.”

@MaidRips
”Are you ok?”
Anna could tell Maria had been having a hell of a bad dream. She understood what that could be like. Her mind flashed to the truth that had been shown to her by the spear, but she pushed those thoughts away. Right now they needed to survive, not get distracted

@MaidRips

The painter moves by her side, lowering himself as he gently puts his right hand on her back in a comforting gesture.

"Is there something that is causing you pain ?"

It asks Maria rather worried.

@Yobo_Blue
@Overlord775

"Actually..."

She takes a deep breath, collecting herself. Her palms rubs against each other. Conflicted for a moment, eyes evade the other members. Then, under a conscious choice, she shuts her eyes and allows the Avery Unit to refit her own outfit. Her dress begins to shift, it's fabrics and cloth cartoonishly popping outwards in a cloud of smoke, covering any possible nudity for the moment. Then, in their place, a brown top-hat and a feathery dress with a curly red bow tie appear on the center of her chest. Her eyes are now permanently converted into the shades of the Eyes Of Argus. A slow nod.

"I've never felt better."

"It will take some getting used to..."

She briefly waves her arm, nothing just how much looser her body movements have become. Almost like she's made out of rubber. She feels quicker. More agile. Though this will have to be something she should adapt to, she clears her throat and confidently stands with her hand on her hip, her mojo that was present at the beginning of their meeting suddenly returning in full force.

"But, none of that now. What's our next course of action?"

@PsychoWarper @Olegattor

Mulching pass the flesh soaking in sea water, you find a crystal. It flickers on the touch of your fingers, projecting a woman with butterflies for eyes and azure silk coating her body. Her face paler than the sand around you. She speaks....

“Head East Ratavader. Use the old machines there to return home.”
“So I guess we head East then” Glaido says as he stands and starts to head East.

@MaidRips

The painters gets up as swell.

"That would be deciding where to go next. We could continue to Frijed or head somewhere else."

Also, since she's now awake, Maria would notice that she's in the same dimension as when she went unconscious.

A pure white world, everything being flat all the way to the orizon and even past that.

Though, it's not void nor is it empty, for it has atmospheric condictions simlar to earth, though without clouds oddly enough, and furthermore the dimension was filled with floating canvases, of all shapes and size, some tiny, some giagantic, depicting scenes of all sorts of things going from simple scenearies, to fierce battlefields, to even just peculiarly nice weddings, all captured there by presumebly the painter friends of theirs.

All of that is illuminated by a giant golden heart in the sky, it's light acting as the sun of that world and irradiating positive energy and warmth.

Oh, and there's also one white, red and black traditional japense-style tiny building just standing there, most lively Tangoku no Gaka's house.

@Listentomyrhythm

Dashing Northeast, he would find wheatstalks dwarfing any tree he has ever seen! The twine of the plants making it hard to move in, drenching his feet into the fauna as the sunlight beams off foliage. Giving a golden yellow hue to the blockages as they wind forces them down upon his face! Smacking him and possibly blinding him if not careful. With that all said...

Help me, I’m stuck!

....a voice calls out to him. A child perhaps? Rustling can be heard East from his location, though nothing can be clearly seen...
"Hm?" Korudo would turn towards where the voice is, as he takes in the whole environment. Trying to sense anything... if he can that is. However, walking towards the direction, not running, but not going slowly

@Listentomyrhytm

Your senses give you an insight into a horrible reality...this was no child. Outlines of a human silhouette can be seen, it’s size closer to the wheatstalks around you rather than a normal man. Further inspection shows they are an ethereal creature. Seeming to have no solid form other than the distortions upon space around them.

Snap

They appear to surround you. All of them. Staring at you and making no movements.

@Listentomyrhytm

Your senses give you an insight into a horrible reality...this was no child. Outlines of a human silhouette can be seen, it’s size closer to the wheatstalks around you rather than a normal man. Further inspection shows they are an ethereal creature. Seeming to have no solid form other than the distortions upon space around them.

Snap

They appear to surround you. All of them. Staring at you and making no movements.
Oh dear. This was quite the situation... He would close his eyes and open them. As long as the creature wouldn't harm him... he wouldn't make any bold movements quite yet. However... this, this being... was a terrifying sight.

@Listentomyrhytm

Ten? A hundred? You could not tell, your analysis and senses is aware of a presence. Just not how many. Whispers can be heard,and the following can be made out...

“Where am I?! Why can’t I feel anything?! Wh-Who...Why?”

They close onto you...until.

clop clop

Hooves can be heard charging at the spirits! Clanking of steel ringing through fields. Snapping the stalks of wheat as he approaches.

“HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUREGHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHEHEEKEKSKKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKE!”

A knight charges to your rescue! His lance lowering down onto the demons, twirling the air and striking them far into the clouds!

“EZEKIEEEEEEEL!”

He reaches his hand out to yours. The man, towering and covered in black plating and asking you a question:

“Tell me boy! Do you value your life?! What the hell are you doing here?! Take my hand and let’s move, that assault will not last! Hahaheheheheh!”

A mask greets you as he lifted his hat off his face. The surface a swirling nebula or rainbow hues and sunlight. His horse equally as rowdy!

@Yobo_Blue

"Lilith and Alexander ... What happened with those two?"

Her finger placed itself upon her temple, prompting a cartoonish bird to pop out of her hat and look around curiously. Seems she was using her abilities that naturally now, to the point where she didn't even need to be conscious to do it. She had more than learned to hone her abilities - she had bonded with them.

@Yobo_Blue

"Lilith and Alexander ... What happened with those two?"

Her finger placed itself upon her temple, prompting a cartoonish bird to pop out of her hat and look around curiously. Seems she was using her abilities that naturally now, to the point where she didn't even need to be conscious to do it. She had more than learned to hone her abilities - she had bonded with them.
“She said something about meeting up with her once we passed through storms I think. Is that right, painter man?”
@Overlord775

@MaidRips

You feel a message telepathically sent to you. The dimension making the connection unstable however.

“We (unintelligible) to ditch (unintelligible). You nearly killed us!”

@Yobo_Blue

A message is sent to you as well.

“You! Feel to stay (unintelligible) us!”

@Yobo_Blue

"Not as far as i've heard, they just run off on their own right after the big wolf was defeated."

The painter comments, unnaware of the whole lot of telepatic messages that happened.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Maria closed her eyes. Despite the unintelligible yells, she could make out the meaning crystal clear. Thus...

@Yobo_Blue
@Overlord775

"I have an idea. You two likely aren't going to like it, but it's been coming for a long time. I would appreciate it if you both went on with Lilith without me. I know I'm fragile, but I may also weigh you down. Therefore... I ask that you leave me be until I become stronger! Least of all, I would ask that you trust me on my decision and not question it. Up until now, I've not known what it's like to fend for my own. I would like to start now."

She turned her back towards the group, unable to face them head-on.

@Listentomyrhytm

Ten? A hundred? You could not tell, your analysis and senses is aware of a presence. Just not how many. Whispers can be heard,and the following can be made out...

“Where am I?! Why can’t I feel anything?! Wh-Who...Why?”

They close onto you...until.

clop clop

Hooves can be heard charging at the spirits! Clanking of steel ringing through fields. Snapping the stalks of wheat as he approaches.

“HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUREGHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHEHEEKEKSKKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKE!”

A knight charges to your rescue! His lance lowering down onto the demons, twirling the air and striking them far into the clouds!

“EZEKIEEEEEEEL!”

He reaches his hand out to yours. The man, towering and covered in black plating and asking you a question:

“Tell me boy! Do you value your life?! What the hell are you doing here?! Take my hand and let’s move, that assault will not last! Hahaheheheheh!”

A mask greets you as he lifted his hat off his face. The surface a swirling nebula or rainbow hues and sunlight. His horse equally as rowdy!
Korudo looks confused, as everything goes in an instant for him, however... he nods, grabbing the hand. "Let's go!" He says, a bit confused, yet rather, he would not want to be there with that... BEING.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Maria closed her eyes. Despite the unintelligible yells, she could make out the meaning crystal clear. Thus...

@Yobo_Blue
@Overlord775

"I have an idea. You two likely aren't going to like it, but it's been coming for a long time. I would appreciate it if you both went on with Lilith without me. I know I'm fragile, but I may also weigh you down. Therefore... I ask that you leave me be until I become stronger! Least of all, I would ask that you trust me on my decision and not question it. Up until now, I've not known what it's like to fend for my own. I would like to start now."

She turned her back towards the group, unable to face them head-on.
“Uh, I guess that’s fine. I understand how you feel, i have had to bail you out a lot. Is there anywhere you want us to take you to train?”

“Uh, I guess that’s fine. I understand how you feel, i have had to bail you out a lot. Is there anywhere you want us to take you to train?”
"Nowhere in particular. I’ll be just fine on my own. I have to start somewhere. And if I can’t do that ... I’m not fit to live in this world, am I?”

"Don’t worry ‘yer cute butts about it, toots. I’ll be right here watchin’ over her!”

A sudden intervention by the bird upon the heiress’s answer. Bowing before the two in a cutesy manner before bestowing a matching hat on top of her, much to Maria’s surprise.

"Nowhere in particular. I’ll be just fine on my own. I have to start somewhere. And if I can’t do that ... I’m not fit to live in this world, am I?”

"Don’t worry ‘yer cute butts about it, toots. I’ll be right here watchin’ over her!”

A sudden intervention by the bird upon the heiress’s answer. Bowing before the two in a cutesy manner before bestowing a matching hat on top of her, much to Maria’s surprise.
“Well, if that’s what you want.... I’ll support you. You may have a harder time convincing the others though.”

“Well, if that’s what you want.... I’ll support you. You may have a harder time convincing the others though.”
"I know that, obviously. Which is why — “

The bird flapped it’s wings excitedly in front of her.

"WE’RE GOIN’ WITHOUT TELLIN’ ‘EM!”

The heiress placed her palm to her face, shaking her head. The avian growing self-conscious and apologetically waving it’s wings towards the other, who seemed to understand just by reaction alone. She cleared her throat and nodded.

"Yes, that. I’m sorry. She’s .... new.”

"I know that, obviously. Which is why — “

The bird flapped it’s wings excitedly in front of her.

"WE’RE GOIN’ WITHOUT TELLIN’ ‘EM!”

The heiress placed her palm to her face, shaking her head. The avian growing self-conscious and apologetically waving it’s wings towards the other, who seemed to understand just by reaction alone. She cleared her throat and nodded.

"Yes, that. I’m sorry. She’s .... new.”
Anna checked to make sure no one was watching. When she was sure no one was she opened up her faceplate and gave Maria a hug

”Ok then. Keep safe for me, ok?”

Back