• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crocodile Revision

Wouldn't it make more sence to instead of having Crocodile for the Paramount War Saga tier be Atlease High 7-C potentialy 6-C instead of unknow. also the wrong luffy is linked.

Well Crocodile is really inconsistent in that arc and you can't really give him ether tier since you could argue for one or the other equally.

But it could be stated as High 7-C as atleast and 6-C as atmost to indicate the uncertanty, to show that both of those optians can be argued but those two are the most likely.

Well we used to had Hancock at three different tiers before the revisions so I don't see the problem with the same thing if we have good ways to measure his power.

He should be High 7-C, Likely 7-A (for matching Doffy), Possibly 6-C (for stopping Sakazuki and surviving Jozu's Brilliant Punk with no much damage).

6-C thing is non-sense, he even damages a 6-C character. Its better putt him in Unknown, likely High 7-C, possibly 7-A.

Rei Rubro said:
6-C thing is non-sense, he even damages a 6-C character. Its better putt him in Unknown, likely High 7-C, possibly 7-A.
When did he showed Busoshoku tho?

Ah... words confusion (I really need to sleep). I'm going to fix it: he never damages a 6-C character.

No problem.

Well, his sand phased through Sakazuki's body like it was nothing so the resistance is good enough to be 6-C at the least.

But yeah, you're right about the 6-C thing. I'm not sure if clashing Mihawk is a good reason.

His clash with Mihawk is just him defending a extremely casual attack, nothing really good to scalling.

But since we are talking about croc, this here would be a kind of corrosion inducement, death manipulation or just transmutation?
5931146-dehy 5

If everyone is okay with this I'm going to update his profile to: at least High 7-C (Was shown comparable to Paramount War Saga Luffy), Likely 7-A (Clashed with opponents such as Doflamingo, Mihawk and momentarily stopped Akainu's rampage)

At least High 7-C is fine. But instead of putting him at a specific likely tier (since going from Doflamingo to Mihawk to Akainu is all kinds of weird), what if we just put him as 'Likely higher'?

Well, I'm not exactly opposed to putting him as Likely 7-A. Just suggesting another option that feels right.

We've been updating some profiles, so I don't see harm for updating Croc's now. The Birdcage discussion may end in months, tbf.

Crocodile's scaling is so weird. He's able to clash with the likes of Mihawk and Doflamingo, yet a Pre-Timeskip Gear 2 Luffy kick is able to deflect his attack.

I can only assume that Mihawk and Doffy were holding back on him.

He has more feats above Luffy's level tho. In any case Luffy deflecting his attack would be the outlier, but considering the wide array of options we do use different ratings in one key with the "Likely", "Possibly" or "at least" to let people know that the character's scaling might be one or another.

To be fair, Luffy did have water on his feet when deflecting Croc.

Plus, Mihawk seemed pretty intent on killing, or at the very least severely harm, Luffy, so I think we could give it to Croc for being able to block such an attack. I mean, even if we say Mihawk was holding back, he cut down the entire tsunami glacier that was larger than the island in height, casually at that.

... His tier needs to be "Unknown". His showings are far too inconsistent.

Getting shunted aside by a High 7-C, then later tanking a hit from a 7-A to High 7-A, getting low-diffed by a High 7-A, then deflecting a strike from a 6-C, and then contributing to fighting another 6-C... I mean, come on. It's obvious Shounen plot-holes.

Crocodile needs to be placed back at Unknown. There's no reason for this change to have ever been implemented.

I'm actually in agreement with Cin here; Unknown is the best rating for him.

Yeah this might be a necro but a part of Croc's inconsistency may have more to do with the incorrect ratings of other characters then his own.

Food for thought.

Doesn't matter if there's "incorrect" ratings. Whether the top tiers are 7-B or 6-C, he still got thwacked by a High 7-C, then suddenly hurt and took hits from characters dozens to hundreds of times stronger.

Technically I don't think Crocodile ever hurt anyone important at Marineford. He 'cut Akainu in half' but since Akainu is a Logia I don't think we can count that as true damage.

But he definitely took hits that he shouldn't have during that arc.

Of course it matters. There is a difference between "dozens to hundreds". As I said, it is apart of the inconsistency, not the whole.

Duffy>Luffy<=>Croc>Jozu

Akainu is a Logia so I do not think cutting him counts. Mihawk is just one of those characters who is either overhyped or hasn't shown his true power yet.

??? Croc is not above Jozu if he was in the middle of getting thrashed. And I said nothing about Croc hurting Akainu by cutting him.

And it is a matter of: Luffy knocked Crocodile away easily, Mihawk could easily stomp Luffy, Crocodile deflected Mihawk's slash. And other cases like this.

Recap

Mihawk

Me: Mihawk is just one of those characters who is either overhyped or hasn't shown his true power yet.

You: Mihawk could stomp Luffy . . . Crocodile deflected Mihawk's slash

Akainu

Damage: He 'cut Akainu in half' but since Akainu is a Logia I don't think we can count that as true damage.

Me: Akainu is a Logia so I do not think cutting him counts.

You: And I said nothing about Croc hurting Akainu by cutting him.

Mihawk being overhyped is irrelevant to what I just said. If we need to downgrade Mihawk to something like "At least 7-A (being above Zoro as of Dressrosa due to being his mentor), Likely 6-C (Stated several times to be the greatest swordsman in the world and being a rival of Shanks)", we can discuss that somewhere else.

Luffy =/> Croc, Mihawk >/>> Luffy, but then Mihawk =/> Croc. And before that. Jozu > Crocodile, Doflamingo > Jozu, but then Doflamingo =/> Crocodile.

Shounen power-scaling at its finest.

And about the Akainu thing, I thought you were directing that statement to me since I mentioned Crocodile "hurt and took hits" from x characters. But then again, we don't see him doing anything of the sort (except Jozu literally vanished into thin air from his Sables to the face, so whatever happened there).

Back