• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creation Trio resistance

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
It requires all three of the Lake Trio to sate one of them. A single one can't do crap to them. So the Creation Trio should resist the Lake Trio's abilities to an extent.

I restate my stance on such things:

PIS is a thing. We can't slap resistances on every character that fought another hax character and didn't get stomped.

It's not a matter of PIS. We have an instance of the Lake Trio arriving to sate Dialga and Palkia, but Cyrus says that they can only do that to one.

And did they use their hax to do it? If not, then it's no different than any "X character can't stop Y character!!". We can't assume they resist it without them, well, actually resisting it on screen.

Also, I seriously doubt legendaries countering each others hax in general for being, well, pure equals, is a PIS thing.

Otherwise, legendaries like Groudon or Yveltal would stand absolutely 0 chance against Kyogre or Xerneas.

How else would they sate them? It's not like they talk them down. They use their powers, same powers that made the Red Chain that was controlling them, to do it.

So, I assume it's just an assumption? Didn't we get these three actually sate the Duo on-screen? Pretty sure we can tell if it's using their mind powers or no.

They sate Dialga/Palkia in Diamond/Pearl. Platinum is where things get complicated, because they're both summoned.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
So, I assume it's just an assumption? Didn't we get these three actually sate the Duo on-screen? Pretty sure we can tell if it's using their mind powers or no.
Here's the scene from perl, if you want to take a look.

Another thing that could support this.

In USUM, it's strictly stated and confirmed that Cyrus used either Dialga and/or Palkia to complete his plan succesfully with no interference.

That would imply the LT couldnt stop them with their powers as well.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I restate my stance on such things:

PIS is a thing. We can't slap resistances on every character that fought another hax character and didn't get stomped.
^

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Also, I seriously doubt legendaries countering each others hax in general for being, well, pure equals, is a PIS thing.
Otherwise, legendaries like Groudon or Yveltal would stand absolutely 0 chance against Kyogre or Xerneas.
This kind of counters that PIS claim too.

Matter of fact, i'll make a thread about this sometime later.

I'm not sure about this.

While you could claim one can't do jack so they should have resistence to the others abilities. It also can be claimed that they didn't use all their Hax abilities, regardless if it is arguably they did, it's an assumption.

I hope this isn't considered a necro, but I think it depends on what hax they used. If we're not sure that the lake trio used all of their powers, then dialga and palkia would have resistances based off of assumption. Likely Giratina too. Maybe anyone else to who scales to Dialga.

Thing is, we accept assumptions in some cases as legit and this is definitely more on the legit end than the assumption end.

A single LT member can't do anything to either Dialga or Palkia. If any of their abilities were able to go against them, then the need of all 3 of them going against one would be pointless.

Back