• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Covenant Ship Glassing Firepower

Fllflourine

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
What should the "at most" tier for the Covenant Ship glassing firepower be? Currently it is at most 6-A for them being able to destroy continents, but this is over time, and glassing on places like Reach took around a month to complete. I have found some calculations (more over at FanofRPG's blog) but are not sure if they are accepted.

In terms of attacks done in a lengthy period of time, I think we measure this by how much material has been destroyed per second, or any brief time period.

Despite being the ships being able to destroy continents, this is done over an extended period of time instead of being done all at once. Thus we may be able to find the ship's true AP via finding out the amount of matter destroyed per second.

Would the glassing be done via conventional weapons/bombs, or lasers?

Here is the context

"The Shipmaster leading the fleet was ordered by the Prophet of Conviction to manually control his cruiser's energy projector and carve the Covenant glyph for "Faith" into the surface of the planet. Upon completion of the glyph, the rest of the fleet opened fire and completely glassed Kholo. The battle was an overwhelming Covenant victory with Kholo being glassed, killing a large number of civilians and UNSC personnel trapped on the planet."

https://youtu.be/E3gUpIPdopo?t=230

Lina Shields said:
In terms of attacks done in a lengthy period of time, I think we measure this by how much material has been destroyed per second, or any brief time period.
Despite being the ships being able to destroy continents, this is done over an extended period of time instead of being done all at once. Thus we may be able to find the ship's true AP via finding out the amount of matter destroyed per second.

Would the glassing be done via conventional weapons/bombs, or lasers?
Lasers called energy projectors. They are very consistent in terms of damage per second so one merely has to divide it by the number of ships used and the amount of time to get its wattage.

This is noncanon AF and hyperbolic too, but still may count to something

"Assault Carriers are monumental symbols of Covenant power, and among the deadliest implements wielded by the Prophets in their war against humanity. Each Assault Carrier is a potent instrument of conversion and compliance, capable of deploying thousands of troops and numerous fighter craft, backed by an array of devastating energy projectors that can burn entire continents to ash: a single CAS is sufficient to quell all but the most pernicious heresy, rebellion, or parasite outbreak. Colossally expensive to construct and few in number, the rare loss of an Assault Carrier is mourned by the entire Covenant. Every major Covenant fleet has at least one Assault Carrier at its heart, if only because carriers themselves require a significant number of support vessels when operating away from High Charity or major outposts. Multiple carriers in a single fleet is unusual, but not unheard of. For example, the crusading Fleet of Sacred Consecration, commanded by the Prophet of Regret himself, is led by twin Assault Carriers, the Solemn Penance and Day of Jubilation. Together, these massive warships have scoured dozens of human worlds and bring righteous destruction to those within the Covenant who dare stand in the way of the Prophet's holy mission."

https://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HFCV05

Okay, Ziku (Literally the best authority for Halo stuff) said this

"Thank you very much for the compliment.

I will sign up there sooner or later. Maybe help out with a few things.

As for my opinion on the matter? Well, I should clear up a few things first. The Energy Projector fires plasma/particle beams rather than firing a laser. The only known ship-mounted laser weaponry on Covenant shops are pulse lasers.

I should also bring up that the quote you brought out actually comes from Halo: Fleet Battles, so it is canon. As for it being hyperbolic? Possibly. While I don't buy an Assault Carrier being capable of actually turning an entire continent to ash, I can buy it turning its entire
surface to ash.

This does fit in line with some of the more recent material such as Escalations and Halo 5.

This may be cleared up further in a few days when
Halo: Mythos launches.

Kholo is a bit hard to quantify considering that its size remains an unknown, but I would ultimately say that an Assault Carrier can lifewipe a continent."

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/the-v...r-strengths-abilities-etc?p=305786#post305786

Back