• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cool Star Powers Go Brrrr - Asriel Dreemurr vs Marisa Kirisame

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Yes, this matchup already happened before, but it kinda died, so bringing it back.

Rules:
  • Asriel Dreemurr vs Marisa Kirisame with the Ultramarine Orb Elixir
  • Speed Equalized
  • Battle takes place in the Underground where Asriel fought Frisk
  • Other than those, SBA applies
Score:
maxresdefault.jpg

khb2klvoh2371.jpg

Last edited:
The way I'm seeing this is that Asriel can't bypass Marisa's Type 5 (from what I can see on his profile, he has nothing to do so), but at the same time, Marisa can't get rid of Asriel because of the SAVE and LOAD ability.

then again i just read what the profiles say and go "ohoh this looks like xyz" so i'm stupid in that regard

I think this match would come down to who can make the other give up first, since both would remember all of their successive loops against their opponent. As seen in Asriel's weaknesses, if he can't defeat his opponent after a while he has a good chance of just giving up, especially since he's more emotional now due to having a soul. But, at the same time, Marisa also has a chance to just eventually give up and leave.

The win condition will thus be determined by who has the most DETERMINATION (hah) to continue fighting.

Well, if this match just sums up to a war of attrition, I'm voting incon. Neither have the right abilities to take down the other for good, and, as you said before, it's gonna come down to who gives up first (which either one can happen).

At best Inconclusive, at worst, stomp for Asriel.

Neither can kill each other for real. However, the Ultramarine Orb Elixir is a lot different and limited compared to SAVE & LOAD. The way it's described and treated make it sound like something that helps her avoid attacks, not something that can endlessly revive her against an impossible opponent. Whether it's just Precog or actual time manipulation has never been made super clear.

In either case, however, Asriel is unlikely to lose. If it's Precog, he will eventually just destroy the timeline due to Marisa dodging everything. No amount of precog can save Marisa from that. If it's time reset, then Asriel will quickly figure it out and nuke the timeline. Not a lot of time reset can be done if the timeline stops existing (except UT's reset, but it's weird Marisa's should be stopped by that).

It's also listed on the profile that it counts as Type 5 Immortality because it removes the "impurity of death". "Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed."

Yeah but that doesn't mean a lot. Type 5 by itself doesn't prevent you from being just, blasted apart.

In this case, the Type 5 only really meant that Junko could not do much against them and that they reset.

Marisas only wincon is probably going dr strange and pacifying asriel...
but yeah marisa would be countered once asriel destroys the timeline (which she cant stop), so voting asriel

here to necro another thread lul

there may or may not be arguments for Marisa taking this once the 18.5 thread goes through which would change her standard equipment quite a lot and give her more haxx, as well as the various buffs she's gotten since this thread started.

At this rate I should just open this MU again since its happened so many times and died so many times.

Back