• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Utsuho Reiuji vs. Asriel Dreemur

To be fair, Frisk being able to still move was more a game mechanic, as in both Undertale and Deltarune it's clear that both body and soul move.

reiuji-utsuho-touhou-anime-wallpaper-preview.jpg
f36a03ed0b6fee6e8649582aaeef731f.jpg

Utsuho / Asriel
-
Azzy is in his Full Power key.
- Speed is equalized
- Both start 20 meters away
- Battle takes place at The Barrier (Undertale)
I voted Asriel and @StrymULTRA as well I believe

Pretty sure Frisk broke free. They couldnt reset or save which is done with the soul
Broke free only to get paralysed again? And they cant reset or save in battle mode regardless.
To be fair, Frisk being able to still move was more a game mechanic, as in both Undertale and Deltarune it's clear that both body and soul move.
Flowey forcefully shrieked the bullet board making Frisk's soul unable to move +undodgeable danmaku is still a thing. If Toby really wanted to emphasize that Frisk couldn't move, he could have used the same excuse.

Yes, soul and body can be used interchangeably but they can separate and be independent (kina? idk).
Best example in deltarune is the Susie vs Lancer fight.

Last edited:
They can be separate? It thought that was disagreed with.
Im guessing it was disagreed within undertale cus i remember toby stating that soul coming from the cornor of the screen was intentional.
Also when Undyne impales Frisk, they can get away unharmed if they manage to dodge bullets with their soul.
This happens with colored laser attacks in the overworld too (but tbh this is more likely to be game mechanics)

Im guessing it was disagreed within undertale cus i remember toby stating that soul coming from the cornor of the screen was intentional.
Also when Undyne impales Frisk, they can get away unharmed if they manage to dodge bullets with their soul.
With that logic all the monsters can rip out the enemies soul then? You do know that would give Undertale a big upgrade right

With that logic all the monsters can rip out the enemies soul then? You do know that would give Undertale a big upgrade right
That second part about Undyne was to further support the idea that effecting body may not be necessarily effecting the soul (its still likely a game mechnich)

Incon FRA
It might be a stomp or a win for asriel depending on how his paralysis works.
That second part about Undyne was to further support the idea that effecting body may not necessarily effecting the soul (its still likely a game mechnics)
No what I mean is the thing you are defending means monsters actually grab your soul and rip it out to fight with you leaving your body nearby. That is a huge upgrade that I disagree with

It might be a stomp or a win for asriel depending on how his paralysis works.

No what I mean is the thing you are defending means monsters actually grab your soul and rip it out to fight with you leaving your body nearby. That is a huge upgrade that I disagree with
This is the scene Im talking about:

Uh thats what I am saying. By your logic every fight scene the monsters just grab our soul and attack it while our body just stays there
waiwha-
Where did the grabbing part came from?
Frisk automatically enters battle mode, no need for a monster grabbing it to work.

waiwha-
Where did the grabbing part came from?
Frisk automatically enters battle mode, no need for a monster grabbing it to work.
I didnt mean grab in an actual way. When they fight frisk by your logic frisks soul leaves their body and fights right? Is that what you mean?

I didnt mean grab in an actual way. When they fight frisk by your logic frisks soul leaves their body and fights right? Is that what you mean?
Oh sorry, I thought we were arguing about the grabbing part... (English is not my native language :C )
I also disagree that Frisk just standing while their soul does all the dodging.
Papyrus' date also proves you right (when you interact Papyrus' hand with your soul, Frisk is holding hands with Papyrus).
The point I'm making is that even though soul and body can be used interchangeably, there can be exceptions (like here with Asriel).

Oh sorry, I thought we were arguing about the grabbing part... (English is not my native language :C )
Me too lol
I also disagree that Frisk just standing while their soul does all the dodging.
Papyrus' date also proves you right (when you interact Papyrus' hand with your soul, Frisk is holding hands with Papyrus).
Papyrus date isnt really a fight though so it is a different case I guess.
The point I'm making is that even though soul and body can be used interchangeably, there can be exceptions (like here with Asriel).
Not convinced tbh. That is extremely weird and unreliable as we will never know when Frisk's body is in the battle and when its not. Voting Asriel because of paralysis

Not convinced tbh. That is extremely weird and unreliable as we will never know when Frisk's body is in the battle and when its not. Voting Asriel because of paralysis
Deltarune shows that Kris' soul can float outside their body, the examples I can think of are these:
Kris's soul sealing the fountain, soul floating in front of Spamton to enter yellow mode, and of course Soul breaking out of prison to interfere with Susie fighting Lancer.
I know linking Undertale and Deltarune is unreliable but, this acts as a supportive evidence
Frisk broke out of paralysis only when they gained high amounts of determination (when the SAVE option appeared) they were still paralyzed before that, except their soul.

Deltarune shows that Kris' soul can float outside their body, the examples I can think of are these:
Kris's soul sealing the fountain, soul floating in front of Spamton to enter yellow mode, and of course Soul breaking out of prison to interfere with Susie fighting Lancer.
I know linking Undertale and Deltarune is unreliable but, this acts as a supportive evidence
Really unreliable like I said. This means we have no idea when the body and soul are together and when they are apart in undertale because theres no visual
Frisk broke out of paralysis only when they gained high amounts of determination (when the SAVE option appeared) they were still paralyzed before that, except their soul.
They couldn't save and load which is done with the soul though.

I'm voting utsohu, mostly cause this spirit Manipulation might turn this into a bleach situation since most of this is all soul based.

I'm voting utsohu, mostly cause this spirit Manipulation might turn this into a bleach situation since most of this is all soul based.
Shit if she has that she stomps I think. She has resistance to soul manipulation which is all there is to undertale lol

Really unreliable like I said. This means we have no idea when the body and soul are together and when they are apart in undertale because theres no visual
There is some implying, but not outright confirmed, like:
  • Mettaton's soul/heart floating out of his PP to fight "heart to heart".
  • When Frisk is stuck in Muffet's web they are still able to move their soul.
  • Flowey commenting on how souls are struggling inside him after he absorbed the 6 human souls.
  • When Undyne turns your soul green and making Frisk unable to escape, Frisk presumably can get close enough to FIGHT.
  • When Madgic "confuses" Frisk's soul starting to drift.
  • And lastly but most importantly, Frisk's soul being able to move even when their body is paralyzed.
I have probably missed some other scans but these were enough to convince me.
They couldn't save and load which is done with the soul though.
They couldn't save and load, cus Asriel with 6 (+1) human souls was more determined than frisk.
Also I didn't refer to "save" as in quick saving a game, but rather the option to [SAVE] our friends.

There is some implying, but not outright confirmed, like:
  • Mettaton's soul/heart floating out of his PP to fight "heart to heart".
  • When Frisk is stuck in Muffet's web they are still able to move their soul.
  • Flowey commenting on how souls are struggling inside him after he absorbed the 6 human souls.
  • When Undyne turns your soul green and making Frisk unable to escape, Frisk presumably can get close enough to FIGHT.
  • When Madgic "confuses" Frisk's soul starting to drift.
  • And lastly but most importantly, Frisk's soul being able to move even when their body is paralyzed.
I have probably missed some other scans but these were enough to convince me.
So what are you suggesting? Soul can move without the body? Do monsters always fight the soul when the body is standing there? Its illogical to think both of those things happen in the same situations
They couldn't save and load, cus Asriel with 6 (+1) human souls was more determined than frisk.
Also I didn't refer to "save" as in quick saving a game, but rather the option to [SAVE] our friends.
pXt6o9i.png

They couldnt reach it

Shit if she has that she stomps I think. She has resistance to soul manipulation which is all there is to undertale lol
Wouldn't paralysis still work tho?

Theres literally no way to tell them apart.
But we know that they CAN.
Then frisk would press it and it wont work, frisk just couldnt reach it as they are paralyzed
Saving the game (save file), is different from saving your friends (SAVE)
They couldn't reach it not because they were paralyzed (isn't saving and loading thought based anyway)
but because Asriel was more determined.
"But with what little power you have, maybe you can SAVE something else..."

Back