• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consistency of Saitama’s normal punch, along with an armored Boros durability suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this thread technically does give released Boros ftl
which is quite consistent given that Saitama blitzing armored Boros was actually calced at rela+ (but rejected on a random technicality)

ok Damage I'm just curious, has your opinion shifted at least a little bit? We've gone back and forth quite a bit so I'm just wondering
like maybe you started out with 0% agreement in my points and maybe now you're like 10% there? Anything like that...

@ZillertheBucko The weird thing is, I think we're in 90% agreement but we just differ on the conclusion for what we get out of it.

We both agree that Saitama is holding back in his fights, but you see that as some kind of self-imposed limitation where if Saitama is holding back then he can't react to someone faster than his "casual state".

It's like saying that if Saitama is holding back far enough, then weaker characters can injure him too (in theory). And you can even argue that to hypothetically by the case like "Why would Saitama break Sonic's sword with his teeth instead of letting it hit him, since it would do no damage to him either way?"

But I interpret it differently that if Saitama is holding back, it's not that his reaction speed has dropped... it's just that he doesn't react. Not that he can't react. We shouldn't read too much into it because then we run the risk of interjecting our own assumptions too heavily into the scene.

@ZillertheBucko The weird thing is, I think we're in 90% agreement but we just differ on the conclusion for what we get out of it.

We both agree that Saitama is holding back in his fights, but you see that as some kind of self-imposed limitation where if Saitama is holding back then he can't react to someone faster than his "casual state".

It's like saying that if Saitama is holding back far enough, then weaker characters can injure him too (in theory). And you can even argue that to hypothetically by the case like "Why would Saitama break Sonic's sword with his teeth instead of letting it hit him, since it would do no damage to him either way?"

But I interpret it differently that if Saitama is holding back, it's not that his reaction speed has dropped... it's just that he doesn't react. Not that he can't react. We shouldn't read too much into it because then we run the risk of interjecting our own assumptions too heavily into the scene.
alright then
Usually I'd counter that but I'm still gonna wait some more time for your longer response then instead of arguing with this one, since this thread understandably takes a while.

I agree with Damage on his durability and reaction speed points, as those aren't things you can just lower. Though Ziller's points about Saitama having a set casual regular speed and AP I'm still neutral on, leaning toward agreeing.

oh yeah durability was never part of this of course,
although....
Nyan did leave that scratch on saitama's head, and boros did damage saitama, and that cat also scratched saitama, and gamma ray burst did knock saitama out for a few seconds, and Saitama did have to block meteoric burst Boros' rush, and Tatsumaki did make Saitama twitch
hold up Kachon you might be cooking

disclaimer: this is a joke, because I know that it might be hard to tell

By the way, would you mind temporarily closing this thread? It's a bit slow moving, and I'd like to open up the crt limit for a moment as well.

So I thought of a potentially more acceptable line of logic
Instead of continuing to say that saitama’s reactions are physically lowered, we could just instead say that he’ll only move at ftl speeds, so even when he reacts to something he doesn’t bother to blitz them faster than his casual speed starts at
it would still be practically the same thing but it would be less of a jump of logic to say that “he is perceiving these attacks, but it’s his physical response is what’s getting “blitzed”, not his actual perception.
It’s just an alternative that may be more agreeable

So I thought of a potentially more acceptable line of logic
Instead of continuing to say that saitama’s reactions are physically lowered, we could just instead say that he’ll only move at ftl speeds, so even when he reacts to something he doesn’t bother to blitz them faster than his casual speed starts at
it would still be practically the same thing but it would be less of a jump of logic to say that “he is perceiving these attacks, but it’s his physical response is what’s getting “blitzed”, not his actual perception.
It’s just an alternative that may be more agreeable
Do you mean including a note for his standard tactics / fighting style?

Of course it would be case, just tagging saitama means nothing when he’s clearly allowing himself to be hit, and of course coincidentally the only one who I think really qualifies is released Boros since he stated that Saitama was fighting evenly with him, and he lasted a somewhat extended period of time trading blows and not really taking a direct punch from Saitama even after he was blitzing Geryuganshoop and his armored form

Alright, if anybody wants to give their opinions on the AP side of things too, then we could start that discussion as well

Bump
can we just move this along a little bit? A few longer revisions have started and ended since this one was created, and we’re still not done talking about the smaller half of this crt…

Gonna have to do a premature bump here because
this thread really needs to get back going, it’s been a month and we’re not even halfway through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back