• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Connie's AP Upgrade

Ok, so on Connie's profile, her AP is only stated to be wall level, but I believe it to be much higher, as she's been shown to go toe-to-toe with and even take down multiple High-difficulty Holo-Pearl's, which have Country level durability, and if you're wondering, no, she didn't take them down with Rose's sword. She took them down with a training saber. Even then, I don't think using Rose's sword in this scene would have mattered, since Holo-Pearl's aren't gems, the sword's ability to bypass gem durability would be useless here, effectively making it act like a normal sword to them.

Thanks, hope I can get this through, 'cause it feels like the current rating is really lowballing her. Especially since her reasoning for Wall level AP is based on something that happened WAY before she actually started training.

Why exactly do Holo-Pearls have Country level durability aside from them being created by Pearl?

There's a little something called outlier. Connie has never fought any Gems besides this without Rose's sword. Plus, Holo-Pearls have difficulty settings. I'm pretty sure Connie would have gotten murderstomped if they fought like actual Pearl did.

Pearl was caught off guard and stabbed from behind, it's possible Holo-Pearls (especially a Level 1 Holo-Pearl that she expected Steven to spar with) aren't actually that tough.

Plus I think the durability of some of the Gems is overrated anyway. Amythest once got her Gem cracked just by falling off a cliff.

Damage3245 said:
Plus I think the durability of some of the Gems is overrated anyway. Amythest once got her Gem cracked just by falling off a cliff.
That's called PIS.

I agree with Ovens, this upgrade legitimately makes no sense. Her higher end feats are done with Rose's sword or having people like Lion help her out. This seems like a huge outlier or the holo pearls in that scenario simply don't scale to Pearl.

Sir Ovens said:
There's a little something called outlier. Connie has never fought any Gems besides this without Rose's sword. Plus, Holo-Pearls have difficulty settings. I'm pretty sure Connie would have gotten murderstomped if they fought like actual Pearl did.
That doesn't make it an outlier if its the only time she has attemped to fight gem level characters

That hasn't been the only time she has attempted to fight gem level characters. The Holo-Pearls she fought are still not even 100% confirmed Gem level.

Connie has never come close to beating a sentient Gem. Her fighting Holo-Pearls means nothing because Holo-Pearls can be adjusted by Pearl, who in character would never let Steven or Connie ever truly get hurt.

This is Pearl we're talking about, a walking, talking, safety cone. Why would she of all people go all out against a human.

The most impressive thing connie has done is beat a corrupted gem whose best feats were wall level without using rose's sword

Sir Ovens said:
Connie has never come close to beating a sentient Gem. Her fighting Holo-Pearls means nothing because Holo-Pearls can be adjusted by Pearl, who in character would never let Steven or Connie ever truly get hurt.

This is Pearl we're talking about, a walking, talking, safety cone. Why would she of all people go all out against a human.
Ummm Except for the fact that Pearl was literally training Connie to purposefully put herself in danger to protect Steven the same way that Pearl protected Rose. One of her biggest quotes from that episode even is "Remember Connie, in the heat of battle, Steven is what matters. You don't matter." She didn't really care about Connie's safety until Steven stepped in. And, yes, Holo-Pearl's do scale to Pearl because in Steven the Sword Fighter, the Holo-Pearl she summons easily keeps up with Pearl in combat. [[1]] She pulls off a bunch of the same crazy moves that Pearl can do and even at one point disarms Pearl. They are definitely at gem level if they can be keep up with Pearl. And also, a trait of the High-Diff Holo-Pearls is that their eyes glow red, while the lower difficulty ones have blank eyes, so there's literally proof in the episode that she was fighting High-Difficulty Holo-Pearls.

It was never any danger to the point of her literally dying. When it got too serious(aka she was going to be training with actual Pearl) Steven immedieatly hopped in and stopped that. Before that she was fighting holo pearls that weren't even shown to be on th esame scale as Pearl. The other holo pearl you showed isn't even in the same fight as Connie and was used for Pearl to train herself, of course she'd use a holo pearl near her level. If the Holo Pearls REALLY were on Pearl's level, how could Steven and Connie casually take on 4 of them at once but the minute real Pearl came, after she got a little serious she casually beat them both?

Because Holo-Pearl's aren't nearly as intelligent as Pearl. Those 4 all went in for one big move and Steven exploited it and took them out. And then Pearl did the same exact thing to them. They both went in for a big lunge, Pearl saw it, it even zoomed in on her face to show this, and she took them out. And also it was getting to the point of her potentially dying, as one of the quotes from the song is "What they, don't know, is your real advantage. When you live for someone, you're prepared to DIE." And even then, Steven only interfered when the Gems told him about Pearl's past and he made the connection. He more than likely wouldn't have interfered otherwise. And one last thing, towards the end of the episode, Pearl told Steven that Connie needed to take her on herself. I think we can all agree Pearl is a Master swordsman, so why in the world would she want Connie to fight her if she hadn't been taking on Holo-Pearl's that weren't at least near her skill level?

What intelligence from Pearl was there specifically in that fight? She literally just got serious and casually curbed both of them. Keyword: Getting to the point. It wasn't AT that point yet. I never was saying Steven would or wouldn't interefere my point was he interefere'd prior to that. Because Connie is still new to this and even someone training someone to be prepared to die wouldn't outright start with immedieate one-shot missions?

Intelligence from Pearl wasn't my point, I was just trying to say that Steven taking out those 4 Holo-Pearl's didn't matter. And also, of course she curbed them, they went in for a sloppy lunge move that was easy for Pearl to slap away. Although, I'll touch on that point anyway. Pearl is more intelligent than the Holo-Pearls because she's proven she can think quickly in the heat of battle, while the Holo-Pearl's have proven that they are quite dumb. Such as when in that fight they stayed on Steven's shield for the whole 10 seconds they were talking, allowing Steven to take them out. Meanwhile Pearl simply saw the move Steven and Connie went for and exploited it to her advantage. Or, when she tricked Sugilite into falling off the cliff to poof her. Or when the Holo-Pearl disarmed her that one time, she still managed to outwit the Holo-Pearl and finish her off. She didn't need to "get serious" for her to beat them that way. Also, she didn't start with "one-shot missions", it's implied that weeks passed during her training from the time skips in the song,

She didn't need to think quickly in that situation, she's literally just superior to them. Steven taking out the holo-Pearls does matter as it shows that they're not on Pearl's level. Dude, you're taking a quick talking scene at face-value, that's just plot convience, Dragon Ball characters now stupid since they let their opponet power up and shoot out their blasts? She did two slashes at them when they were both attacking, I don't see where intelligence takes play into this. Why did you bring up Sugilite? I never said Pearl wasn't intelligent, this isn't relevant to the topic. Her eyes literally take a serious stance when she attacks both of them. Firstly, the keyword is implied, secondly, the BoP is on you now to prove that she sent her out on 6-C missions, cause all I'm seeing right now is straight up speculation, we already saw how that went with the grinch leak.

Because you asked what intelligence from Pearl was on display in this fight, and I took that as you wanted me to prove how Pearl is more intelligent than the Holo-Pearl's. I was just trying to show that Pearl has a tendency to recognize quick ways to beat an opponent and exploit their weaknesses, the same thing Pearl did there. That "Serious stance" is her recognizing the move they were going for, and remember she took that serious stance with her eyes just a few seconds before that and still got caught off guard by Steven blocking her blow. (She even emits an audible gasp.) She clearly wasn't being super serious in that fight considering how many times they caught her off guard. (Connie's initial charge and flurry of blows got her walking backwards, Steven blocking her blow, Connie sliding under her, all clearly caught her off guard by the expression on her face.) She only beat them because they went in for a sloppy move that she could easily take out, it's much easier to knock someone away when they're in the air and not when they're on the ground isn't it? Further proof that she wasn't being serious is that after she beat them she was breathing heavily and she was in a state of distress, (hence her emotional breakdown.) She simply wasn't ready for them to attack her. Also, Steven taking them out means they aren't on Pearl's level, what? Steven is 6-C, possibly 6-B in Season 2. He definetly had enough power to take out a High-diff Holo-Pearl, even if it's not one exactly on Pearl's level, they'd still be very close. Again, I proved above that she was fighting High-diff Holo-Pearl's. The High-diff ones have red glowing eyes, and the lower diff ones have blank eyes. Look at Steven the Sword Fighter, after Steven hits the Level 1 Holo-Pearl with his toy, it switches to advanced mode with the red eyes and immediately tried to kill him. They had those same eyes in Sworn to the Sword and also clearly tried to kill Steven and Connie. (Twice they attempted to slash at them from the back.)

I asked what intellignece did she display from simply overpowering them. She was surprised by Steven blocking her blow cause she was used to training purely Connie, and hasn't even really fought Steven in-series. This seems like an assumption, them being in the air wouldn't suddenly make it easier to knock them down, especially when they're attacking from both sides. He's not on Pearl's level in Season 2, as shown when she easily takes them both out, so what are you talking about? I never questioned Steven's tier, please stop going into conversations that have nothing to do with my premise. That once again, going back to my initial point, is pure speculation.

By recognizing the move they went for. Maybe intelligence was the wrong word here, combat experience would probably fit better here. Her greater experience allowed her to take them out easily, since they went for a move she could easily take out.

No, it is easier to push something that is in the air compared to when it's on the ground. When something is touching the ground, it has many million points of interaction with the ground and has friction against the ground. But when something is in the air, it only needs to push the air out of the way to move. Basically, when something is on the ground, it requires a certain amount of net force to be moved, but when it's in the air, there is no buffering section of force needed to move it, meaning it will accelerate from any difference in net force.

Also, surprised by him blocking her blow, despite the fact that they both charged at her side by side so she knew they'd both be attacking. Him getting slapped away when they did a very telegraphed move does not prove he isn't on Pearl's level. The proof that he is at least near Pearl's level comes from the High-difficulty Holo-Pearl's which scale to Pearl, which he beat. And him not being on her level doesn't really matter if she can't get a good hit in when she's caught-off guard by all of his attacks, as I proved she was above.

Hmmm, I feel like I'm losing people with my Holo-Pearl track. I could move on to another point that could prove that Connie is at Country-Level.

Have you done what I advised you to in my last post?

I am, but I am still responding to some messages when I have some time left over.

Back