• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Concerns for a couple Kirby villains.

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
I have no problem with the upgrade that happened, but the feats that warranted the upgrade came from Dark Nebula & Necrodeus(i think).

Therefore i'm not sure if single appearance villains prior to 2006(when Kirby Squeak Squad was released and featured Dark Nebula) like Nightmare(Kirby's Adventure-1993/Nightmare In Dreamland-2002) and possibly Dark Mind(Amazing Mirror-2004) should've been included in the upgrade.

I exempt Zero-2(Kirby 64-2000) & Marx (Kirby Super Star-1996/Super Star Ultra-2008) due to Zero's status as the leader of all dark matter, and Marx being part of a post 2006 remake in addition to an extra form.

Maybe i'm overthinking this but....

I can ask Fastsword88, who did the upgrades.

It's not that i oppose the upgrade. It's just that i'm not sure Nightmare or possibly Dark Mind(depending on you view him in comparison to Dark Nebula) should be that high.

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
Hehe, yeah i hate that part about myself.

On a serious note, you may be up to something Skodwarde. Like are we sure all of the Kirby characters are warranted enough to get this upgrade?

I don't mind Zero-2 being scaled that high(due to his position) or Marx Soul (Normal Marx, i'm not too sure about) but the other 2 mostly the former draw a big question mark.

I see. So Zero-2 and Marx are alright, just Nightmare and Dark Mind is what your asking? Hmm, alright. Well we'll see what FastWord can say on this.

CrossverseCrisis said:
I see. So Zero-2 and Marx are alright, just Nightmare and Dark Mind is what your asking? Hmm, alright. Well we'll see what FastWord can say on this.
Basically. And i would much appreciate his input.

You're likely right. I'll change Nightmare back to tier 5 based this calc and possible powerscaling from Bandana Dee.

As for Dark Mind, isn't he superior to Dark Meta Knight who can hold his own against Kirby in Triple Deluxe (2014) that came 8 years after Squeak Squad ?

I think it's better to only powerscale Kirby characters who appeared again after Squeak Squad since it's the major reason for Kirby's upgrade.

Dino Ranger Black said:
I think it's better to only powerscale Kirby characters who appeared again after Squeak Squad since it's the major reason for Kirby's upgrade.
There are exceptions like Zero-2 though. And Marx due to his rebooted appearance in KSSU

I changed Nightmare back to tier 5. Do you guys think it'll be safer to put Dark Mind at "Possibly 4-A" (for being superior to Dark Meta who has a "rebooted" appearance as well in Triple Deluxe) or simply "Unknown" for now ?

That's possible. Alright then, though I'll probably add "possibly much higher" because we don't exactly if Dark Meta surpassed him or not.

Back