• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Clown: The Fool we Make of Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fine with a footnote in the Composite Human page.

I'd be fine with just removing the profiles that only rely on kinetic energy for their tier and Composite Primate should be a Composite Human Key.

Edit:Forgot about Composite Shark. I think it should be a Key for Composite Fish.

Eternal figure said:
i'm with hippo, deleting ALL of them seems too harsh
This isn't about harshness or punishment; this about solving an issue on the Wiki. Leaving the profiles (aside from maybe CH) sets a bad precedent and aims for an illusionary Golden Mean, when in reality there are 1,000,001 ways we can set the limiters for composite profiles aside from "none" or "none other than CH."

This isn't about harshness or punishment; this about solving an issue on the Wiki. Leaving the profiles (aside from maybe CH) sets a bad precedent and aims for an illusionary Golden Mean, when in reality there are 1,000,001 ways we can set the limiters for composite profiles aside from "none" or "none other than CH."

I don't think it's an issue. If anything, it's one of the most unique things about the wiki and keeps new profiles being made in my opinion. I've never seen Composite Tree or Composite Canid be used anywhere else and they don't rely on kinetic energy. As a horror fan, I'm honestly just happy with anything new that interests me even if it is a bit odd and most of the parts of the Composites don't have profiles. (Also I don't see many Composite fictional character profiles around and they seem to be moderated just fine.)

Composite character pages are completely different from composite organism pages for reasons already specified.

I'm fine with keeping CH.

I'm still only going with Composite Lizard and Composite Snake being removed but if the community prefers this, then it's decided.

So, does anybody have a suggestion for the footnote text in the Composite Human page?

Why do we need to move composite profiles to Joke Battles Wiki? The wiki is not made for serious profiles (unlike russian Drebedenboi Wiki, which is made for both non-serious and serious profiles). Move these composite profiles to FC/OC VS Battles Wiki instead because these composites are no different from fanon characters.

@Skalt711

I'm fine with your adding Composite Species pages to the Drebedenboi Wiki.

@Ogurtsow Okay, then! How other Russians will react to Composite Organism? We'll see))

@Antvasima: If you will confirm that composite Real World profiles will be moved to FC/OC VS Battles Wiki, I'll do the work. And I already want to do that work, lol! I hope that Promestein will allow me to do that...

@Chartate101 No, just no.

combined human is the only combined profile perhaps that can be kept because its a thing in vs debating, you could also have a note about it at the bottom

Let's wait to see what the rest of the staff thinks first, but it is ultimately up to Promestein to decide.

I think that the consensus seems to be that only Composite Human should stay, and the others move to FC/OC, but if the rest of the staff want to keep Composite Tree due to its popularity I do not have strong opinions about the issue.

I don't want to keep Composite Tree, that one is something that belongs on JBW. I don't think most of the others belong on FCOC either.

Okay. Well, Ryukama and Promestein have to decide if they want the composite profiles in their respective wikis.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm the one who initiated a bunch of composite animal profiles like Composite Cat, Composite Shark, Composite Spider and Composite Fish. All of the others like Composite Lizard and such probably came from the idea of the composite animals that I think I came up with, so I think I'm responsible for all of this. Regardless I think the ones like composite Ant and Composite Spider are fine, because as Saikou said they are relatively uniform, or at least they don't use kinetic energy that the animal never relies on in the wild as the only justification for AP.
No, I've made a lot. Anyways, I'm against this since it's the main thing I'm interested in but I obviously can't stop anyone. Do what you want.

I have no issues with the pages being in JBW. If Prom wants them in FC/OC then that's fine.

By the way, there's no 'fool' made of yourselves. This is a wikia we are talking about. Making unofficial pages with stats made up for fictional characters is absolutely just as absurd as creating ones for Composite real life entities. This is not an art form or a job and it's clearly not at all serious. You are literally making pages for characters that other companies or people that can change at any moment and any way they want using calculations that simply don't work in fiction.

There is an entire essay on why the whole fictional calculation thing doesn't work at all and that this just relies on make-belief and assumptions. You can call this absurd but the entire premise and deal of this wiki is even more so as you are making pages for things that never existed and can't be grounded or proven at all unlike reality. If you took a step back and just looked at this entire thing you would see what I mean. How can you call this absurd if this entire wiki is built on something just as much or even more so?

To me composite profiles simply do not follow the premises set up by this wiki of either listing notable official fictional characters or to a lesser degree real world animals and weapons.

Self-created characters are more the domain of FC/OC and ones created for sheer silliness are more suitable for Joke Battles.

You also seem to assume that we have no sense of self-awareness whatsoever, which is inaccurate. Personally I work here because this is a nice and friendly community that makes around 800000 visitors a month a little happier because it is a fun wiki to visit.

@CCFB

You do realize that trying to dismantle the basis of the wiki is a bannable offense right?

One person's opinion isn't going to sway the opinion of several thousand users.

Antvasima said:
You also seem to assume that we have no sense of self-awareness whatsoever, which is inaccurate. Personally I work here because this is a nice and friendly community that makes around 800000 visitors a month a little happier because it is a fun wiki to visit.
You can work and have fun whenever and however you want; I don't care, I want people to have fun and be happy. I just keep it real.

Reppuzan said:
You do realize that trying to dismantle the basis of the wiki is a bannable offense right?

One person's opinion isn't going to sway the opinion of several thousand users.
I'm not holding a gun to your head to stop going on a website for fun. I'm not trying to dismantle anything, I'm just showing the fact that this composite profile ordeal is no different than the entire premise of this wiki in terms of being absurd or 'clowny'.

I don't care as it wasn't my objective.

Antvasima said:
To me composite profiles simply do not follow the premises set up by this wiki of either listing notable official fictional characters or to a lesser degree real world animals and weapons.
Honestly, if you're going to do that then you might as well delete the real world page altogether. There's composite character profiles which are just as complicated and strange and there's essay-like standard character pages even more complicated.

You are outright saying that we should:

• Never use calculations
  • Go by authorial intent over quantifiable feats because "Contradictions!"
  • Stop quantifying Universe / Multiverse levels at all
  • Stop trying to quantify hax
If you have so many problems with the way we do things to the point where out entire system is anathema to what you want, maybe you should go elsewhere.

Look, all that I am saying is that with these profiles we are straying into self-created speculation character territory. That is not within the bounds of what is intended within this wiki. We have Joke Battles and FC/OC as partners to cover the parts that we do not. This incident is nothing out of the ordinary in that regard.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you drop the subject. It is not constructive, and I do not have the time and energy to deal with arguing about it.

@CCFB

Was talking about what Rep said. I still disagree heavily with your essay, was just appalled by the handwave.

I incredibly disagree with CCFB's idea a lot. But banning someone just because they had a different opinion than us? Especially when they weren't expressing this opinion in a rude or offensive manner? C'mon that's ridiculous and just makes us look like a corrupt hivemind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back