• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Clown: The Fool we Make of Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually making a page for Modern Human Civilization but I got lazy halfway due to so many damn factors. If anyone wants to help me make it? I already listed all our hax.

@ROLV

People have actually tried to do that. So please make it clear that you're joking next time or I might ban you on reflex.

Oh, Earth?

Civilisation Profile of course. It should be a fine replacement for the ones who liked Combined Human.

I already technically made it, I have all the text and shit. I just need Intellgience and range, plus a name for it, Earth, Unified Earth, Modern Humanity, Modern Human Civilization, The United Nations, etc.

@Megaquake

Modern Human Civilisation seems fine as a title.

@All

So how is the moving process progressing?

After it is finished, remember to remove the profiles links from The Real World verse page.

Profiles for different real-life civilizations would be very interesting (Mongol Empire, Roman Empire, Incan Empire etc) since they have been used in VS Debates on occasion. What is going to happen? I currently don't understand what has occurred

Not liking Composite Human's name as a reason for it to be deleted is childish but if you have to, then I'd rather name it Peak Human.

@CCFB

Personally, I don't think this will be beneficial. We are not /paradox_interactive_game_name/ wiki to make pages about various nations. Moreover, it can turn into political conflicts. Our members live in dozens of different countries, and yet vandals come to the wiki. We will see silly pages like "Great Armenia", where Armenia destroyed Azerbaijan and Georgia, and also beat-up Turkey.

I agree with Ogurtsow that it seems too controversial for this type of wiki.

Anyway, we should preferably shift focus towards how the moving progress is proceeding.

Of course, that would easily offend people. I don't see how anyone would be offended by a making a profile for a 3,000-4,000 year old civilization. The nuclear weapons or guns are more offensive.

Real world weapon yields are recurrently useful as references for our regular fictional profile statistics, and are politically neutral.

Real world human civilisations are recurrently strongly tied to national pride, and if we would list them as backwards, primitive, superstitious, etcetera, this would eventually cause conflicts between members from very different cultural backgrounds, regardless if the information is accurate.

In addition, there may be the matter of that they were outright genocidal, which will cause descendants of the victims to find them offensive.

CCFB said:
Of course, that would easily offend people. I don't see how anyone would be offended by a making a profile for a 3,000-4,000 year old civilization. The nuclear weapons or guns are more offensive.
Some might be offensive but like Nazi Germany, Confederate States of America and hell, the Soviet Union but I still think they should be added.

The nuclear weapons fried and killed thousands of real people and slowly gave thousands of others cancer to die slowly. It is just as offensive, if not more so.

I doubt anyone is going to relate or strongly tie to an ancient civilization that connects to no one alive, for example the Roman Empire, the Mongol Empire or Ancient Egypt. It would just be stat showing for the people who use them in battles. Anything before 1400AD seems okay to me.

This is not supposed to be a political wiki, and this is an extremely off-topic discussion, so let's stop this immediately, and focus on how the moving process is progressing instead, so we can finally close this thread.

For the record, I agree that real life nuclear bombs that have killed thousands of people are likely inappropriate to feature in this wiki, but two wrongs do not make a right.

Again, this wiki is not supposed to be political. It is how we have survived for this long despite visitors from the entire world, with cultures and ideologies that are diametrically opposed to each other.

Well, they seem more offensive than a 5,000 year old civilization would be, yes.

Yes, and that's a hard thing to manage so it's good. I can relate myself.

this is not a religious wiki either but yet we have historical gods in the mythology verse

We do not feature any currently worshipped religious deities. But again, this is not supposed to be a political wiki. Making things worse in that regard by using any exception that you can find is not going to help us keep things calm and manageable, rather than diehard partisan.

Anyway, this thread has turned very long and off-topic, so it might be best if I close it, and start a new one in the staff only forum that focuses entirely on the moving process.

Yes. I will close this thread, and ask the staff to help out.

Here is a continuation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1570815

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back