• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Clown: The Fool we Make of Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyper Anon said:
Speaking of which, I'm also thinking about the profiles for extinct animals. We don't know enough about them because they're extinct. The only animal I should see us keeping is the Wolly Mammoth since humans did live it. But for example, some sources say the T-rex struggles to even walk, other sources say it can run up to 45 mph. Some sources say it's a scavenger, others say it's a predator. Some sources say the T-rex is stupid, others say it's smart. Some sources say it was antisocial and cannibalistic, other sources said it was social and hunted together. Same applies to the other dinosaurs and what not. We also don't know how they behave, did the T-rex rip apart everything it saw or did it use strategy and only attack when necessary? And what if we invent a time machine travel back in time, and find out there's no dinosaurs and that they never even existed. We don't know enough about extinct species, with the exception of the Wolly Mammoth, Saber Toothed Tiger, and the human ancestors.

Those are kept because they're characters that became memes, CT is a meme that became a character that became a bigger meme.

It became a meme only after it was put in the wiki, I think

As someone who is not a staff member, all I have to say is that this thread may not be outlived by the Composite Tree.

Sorry, had to leave the joke here. Btw I think Combined Human should be left because it predates Composite Human and is basically the trope of "All Your Powers Combined" or a Genki Dama human being and this doesn't really require all that logic, nor is violating any law of physics we haven't seen be violated with frequency already.

@Agnaa

As the guy who is responsible for the existence of Composite Ant, Composite Spider, Composite Cat, Composite Fish, Composite Shark, and Composite Snake as concepts to begin with (I'm pretty much the forerunner of the "Composite Animal" revolution), I can definitely tell you no such arguments were made in the case of Ant and Spider.

Heck most of them came straight from my blog post.

EDIT: I can even show you the thread where Composite Ant came from.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/460853

This is a site where you do math to get the power of fictional characters. This is nerdy, whacky fun. Joke Battles is more of an insane bit of the scope, to be sure, where it is all just joking around. But maintaining an air of seriousness on a site with this premise is ridiculous. It doesn't make sense.

I was just about to ask bout this.

Honestly,despite being the source of CO, I agree with CH1 and CT staying. They seem to have some sort of loic and re well regulated. There's clearly a difference between that, though, and every single being that can remotely be called a primate. You don't see us make "composite conduit" or "composite mutant" for the same resons. Nowhere near enough correlation, especially when one has to match up to this wiki's precision.

Composite organism is better suited for joke battles wiki. We don't need kilometers of MFTL fungus weighing trillions of kilograms with human level intelligence here, unless that somehow shows up in a fiction.

Wokistan said:
Composite organism is better suited for joke battles wiki. We don't need kilometers of MFTL fungus weighing trillions of kilograms with human level intelligence here, unless that somehow shows up in a fiction.
Quick, grab a pen!

inb4 composite organism confirmed for smash

OK these are some good memes but let's get back on track before we get derailed into oblivion. Does anyone here have some good reasons as to why more than CH can stay?

I'd be fine with maybe combined human sticking around, but if it was decided to delete that as well it wouldn't be a big deal.

Memes

Composite Virus is a very interesting idea that I'd like to have stay though, but that's my opinion.

Assaltwaffle said:
OK these are some good memes but let's get back on track before we get derailed into oblivion. Does anyone here have some good reasons as to why more than CH can stay?
Hope mine are remembered. Besides the great building of Composite Virus which is deserving of saving...

"I think Combined Human should be left because it predates Composite Human and is basically the trope of "All Your Powers Combined" or a Genki Dama human being and this doesn't really require all that logic, nor is violating any law of physics we haven't seen be violated with frequency already."

There are other people speaking about how we shouldn't be anti-nerdy on the reasons of why to actually ban Combined Human because it's a profile all about having fun making multiplications and calculations on human feats.

CV doesn't seem to see much usage, and most of its components are pretty redundant when all that matters that it can do is kill or incap. The actual mechanics behind symptoms and stuff doesn't ever seem to be addressed, so while it's an interesting concept, its ill suited for this type of site.

Like I mentioned the Composite Ant and Composite Spider are more uniform creatures and they don't cover as vast of a territory like Composite Fish or Composite Plant do. Because of this they do not have any notable contradictions.

@Assalt I can't give reasons why they should stay - honestly I don't care either way if they're removed - but I don't think CH's reason really cuts it either, at least to me. Its existed on VS Forums for a while and this is a VS Forum, sure, but it still isn't any more of a character than the rest of the profiles here, and shouldn't really be held any higher than the rest of them. At least from my perspective.

That said, I definitely feel that the fat should be trimmed. Profiles that are too wide in scope (composite plant) and those that are made redundant by another composite profile (composite shark made redundant by composite fish, though the latter may fit in the first category tbh) should be removed. Also, I feel that there should be very little overlap in the profiles: if Composite Human exists, Composite Primate shouldn't take feats from Humans, such as our intelligence, martial arts skill, weapons, etc.

@AN I hope no one including me has offended you by being critical of the composite pages. TBH my main issues were with the one I made and the ones you didn't.

I'd still prefer for even the more specific ones (Ant, Spider) to be deleted as well. They set a bad precedent; how many animals can contribute to a composite before we deem it too much? Some genus of animal have hundreds of members, while others have a dozen, so limiting it by classification like phylum, genus, or even species seems arbitrary.

CH exists since that is a common trope among VS communities, but I am not married to it if having any Composite means we have more of these Composite profiles wandering around.

Assaltwaffle said:
Since we're discussing which ones specifically need to go, I think that literally all but Composite Human need to be deleted. Anything else aside from CH sets a terrible precedent that may cause us to encounter this problem again in the future.
I agree with this sentiment.

Ryukama said:
@AN I hope no one including me has offended you by being critical of the composite pages. TBH my main issues were with the one I made and the ones you didn't.
Oh naw man I'm not offended at all.

I think all of the ones I made in particular aside from Ant and Spider are pretty ridiculous in hindsight. Fish and Snakes don't use kinetic energy in the wild, and even if they did it wouldn't justify a profile merging every single species of fish or snake.

Not to mention a fish weighing as much as a Leedsichthys most likely wouldn't be able to swim at 80 mph if we look at it from a realistic perspective.

I was pretty proud of coming up with the concepts for most of these profiles at first but when people started making "composite lizard" and "composite tree" and used kinetic energy as the main justification for AP I started rethinking.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Composite VS Battles Wiki Member: Accidentally allows unregulated memes and thought experiments to become real pages and then falls into a deep depressio over the realization of what they've done.
That's literally what I did.

I was so proud of my composite animal concepts but the moment "Composite Lizard" and "Composite Tree" became things, with KE for the main justification for AP, I started thinking that things were getting out of hand.

Just when we were about to have the ultimate waifu (via CO) but i guess i could settle for composite clown

I agree with the first post.

Since Composite Human and Composite Tree have turned so popular, perhaps they (and maybe Composite Virus) could be moved to the Joke Battles Wiki, whereas we delete the others? It is up to Ryukama if he thinks that it is a good idea though.

I think we should keep Composite Human. Combined Human and every other profile goes.

Anyone can move any of these composite pages over to Joke Battles if they wish. Any time even after they're deleted someone can just message me and I'll retrieve the code for them.

CH was stated to be fine to keep though, although if you think it should go, i'm not too attached, at least not more than anyone else. It can really go either way

I personally don't see the point in keeping any of the profiles (Composite Human included), since they don't really feel like anything more than random, arbitrary stat sticks that don't make much sense overall.

Well, if we keep Composite Human here, rather than at Joke Battles, it sets a diffuse precedent, so we would likely have to write down a rule somewhere about that it is a sole exception.

I mean, we could just put it as a note in the profile like we did with The Writer

Probs a bad comparison though. Just put a note saying that it's an exception from the rule.

In that case, we really should just cut to the chase and delete the rest, as it would streamline the conversation of whether or not to keep CH, as it is really the only questionble entity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back