• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Clown: The Fool we Make of Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, those that definitively needs to go would be Cat, Canid, Plant, Fish, Primate and maybe Lizard. The rest is debatable.

I'd say Bat and Snake also aren't really needed on top of the ones Saikou noted.

Also, I'd prefer if we do not get mixed up the profiles we already have and nonsense like MFTL+ Bacteria or Composite Organism. There is a clear difference between the two.

I'm not going to lie. The "Composite Human" (the one with the strength of top powerlifters, speed of Usain Bolt and what not) I see no issue with.

Let's just stop putting it under "Real Life" since it is a fictional idea.

Combined Human (even though I have seen this type used in many VS forums too) and all the other composites I think should go.

We can still have a profile for a cow, a wolf, an alligator, etc. No "composite". But just a profile for an animal.

Yeah I'm still with Saikou on this. Relatively uniform composite creatures like the ant and spider can stay. Ones like fish and plant need to go as they're too vast, and ones like Shark or Primeape are redundant/repetitive.

I've never been a big composite tree fan either though. I also think it's too vast and it's not even a sentient being.

@Ryukama

I really like the idea of composite human. I recall you saying that it was a legitimate scientific concept at once point, and if that's the case I have no problem with it existing on this wiki.

I don't recall ever saying it was scientific (how on earth is it scientific)

I said it's an actual idea used within VS forums. Which it is. But I'm still fine with deleting the page due to how asinine it is.

Oh, alright. I just recalled you saying it was a legitimate concept at some point that wasn't just a "oh hey you know what would be funny--"

I think all of them except composite primate and human could be deleted, maybe that virus as well.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm the one who initiated a bunch of composite animal profiles like Composite Cat, Composite Shark, Composite Spider and Composite Fish. All of the others like Composite Lizard and such probably came from the idea of the composite animals that I think I came up with, so I think I'm responsible for all of this.
Regardless I think the ones like composite Ant and Composite Spider are fine, because as Saikou said they are relatively uniform, or at least they don't use kinetic energy that the animal never relies on in the wild as the only justification for AP.
Ant/spider/tree still have the problem of combining abilities that can't be combined.

You can't combine a poison that kills in 48 hours and a poison that makes you feel a little sick in 2 minutes and combined them for a poison that kills in 2 minutes.

And for the tree, you can't combine a sap that makes the tree fire retardant, and a sap that is toxic to touch, and get a tree with fire retardant and toxic sap. At least, if you did neither of the two would be as effective as normal.

These kinds of contradictions exist across most of the profiles. But I overall don't care which way it goes, as long as there's consistency in the rulings. Even if it is a bit of a shame we're not getting 3-A composite organism

╠ÂI╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠Ât╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âa╠Âg╠Âr╠Âe╠Âe╠Â,╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âv╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠Âp╠Âo╠Âs╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âl╠Âo╠Âw╠Ân╠ ╠Âp╠Âr╠Âo╠Âf╠Âi╠Âl╠Âe╠Â.╠ ╠Â

Yeah, I agree with this post FRA.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Oh, alright. I just recalled you saying it was a legitimate concept at some point that wasn't just a "oh hey you know what would be funny--"
Okay I wrote the page as saying "some fields of science and research". I obviously wouldn't say something out of nowhere for no reason. But considering this was 2 years ago I forgot where I got this from and I was more likely than not mistaken. My bad.

Hmm i have no problem with Composite Human and Tree but i can see why things like Primate and Plant would be removed for the reason they are redundant.

Honestly, even virus seems kinda unneeded at this point. Fictional diseases aren't getting profiles, so why should this? I feel like the only ones that should stay are the humans, and even then I wouldn't lose sleep over combined being removed if it came to that.

Composite human, ant, spider, tree and virus should remain, as they're either Composite version of species that are pretty similar, or not different enough to create big contradictions. Combined human is debatable, but I'm neutral on that. Everything else must go away.

Edit: viruses are different, but as Matthew said, it's an interesting concept

Ryukama said:
I don't recall ever saying it was scientific (how on earth is it scientific)
I said it's an actual idea used within VS forums. Which it is. But I'm still fine with deleting the page due to how asinine it is.
Pseudo-Science isn't actual science. I agree with Ryu.

Ant, spider, tree, and virus still have large contradictions. They assume abilities and effects of abilities can be combined in ways which aren't realistic.

Agnaa said:
Ant, spider, tree, and virus still have large contradictions. They assume abilities and effects of abilities can be combined in ways which aren't realistic.
At most they're going to need some revisions, but I don't think we should delete them

Also, why does Composite Human use every positive aspect any human has ever had, but ignores the negatives? At least give him human weaknesses or something.

Speaking of which, I'm also thinking about the profiles for extinct animals. We don't know enough about them because they're extinct. The only animal I should see us keeping is the Wolly Mammoth since humans did live it. But for example, some sources say the T-rex struggles to even walk, other sources say it can run up to 45 mph. Some sources say it's a scavenger, others say it's a predator. Some sources say the T-rex is stupid, others say it's smart. Some sources say it was antisocial and cannibalistic, other sources said it was social and hunted together. Same applies to the other dinosaurs and what not. We also don't know how they behave, did the T-rex rip apart everything it saw or did it use strategy and only attack when necessary? And what if we invent a time machine travel back in time, and find out there's no dinosaurs and that they never even existed. We don't know enough about extinct species, with the exception of the Wolly Mammoth, Saber Toothed Tiger, and the human ancestors.

Since we're discussing which ones specifically need to go, I think that literally all but Composite Human need to be deleted. Anything else aside from CH sets a terrible precedent that may cause us to encounter this problem again in the future.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Also, why does Composite Human use every positive aspect any human has ever had, but ignores the negatives? At least give him human weaknesses or something.
Someone with every negative human flaw would instantly die. That's why.

@Ryukama

Oh no you're alright man

@Agnaa

You're addressing contradictions that the profiles don't use. The profiles for neither the ant nor the spider claim that the deadliest effect applies to the shortest time frame. The ant just has a list of different venoms and what they do, while the spider only mentions a "composite venom".

And I'm not a big fan of the tree either. Never once did I say I was for it; I was against its existence since the day it popped up, I just preferred to stay silent, as my opinion was outnumbered.

Ryukama said:
Someone with every negative human flaw would instantly die. That's why.
I don't mean every weakness every human has ever had, that would be ridiculous, I mean weknesses that average humans have.

They're funny. For fun. Fun? Yes?

Fix them up, sure, if you feel they're failing, but don't outright delete them. Claiming this wiki shouldn't have them because they don't make sense invalidates 95% of all characters because in real life, their feats don't make sense.

We have plenty of profiles meant for giggles. Why surgically remove the giggles when you can laugh at them?

@Mr. Bambu

They aren't characters anywhere, just random ideas that we come up with for the sake of it. If you want whacky fun, go to Joke Battles Wiki. We are here to list characters, not to thought experiment how the combination of tons of animals would turn out.

I think a composite animal page, if it can be done well, would fit perfectly in a site where we discuss hypothetical situations characters are placed in.

@ArbitraryNumbers If we are going to keep profiles like ant/spider we shoul have more detailed guidelines on how compositing abilities like poison work. Just mentioning that the spider has a "composite venom" has a lot of room for exaggeration. I haven't looked through CS and CA's threads, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them mentioned "strongest poison in the shortest time frame" as an argument.

I brought up the tree as it shared similar problems, even though I realize you may not be the most fond of it.

Average human weaknesses are largely related to usually being 10C-low end 9C. Even compared to other animals, it was stamina and intelligence that gave us the leg up. CH is the strongest human in every possible way, so a lot of those "Standard human weaknesses" just don't apply.

At least Composite Tree should remain. We can't delete it simply because "it's a meme", otherwise we would be deleting a lot of pages, like Reinhard's, or 682's. And it was used before in VS threads.

TriforcePower1 said:
At least Composite Tree should remain. We can't delete it simply because "it's a meme", otherwise we would be deleting a lot of pages, like Reinhard's, or 682's. And it was used before in VS threads.
Those are kept because they're characters that became memes, CT is a meme that became a character that became a bigger meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back