• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Complete Saint Seiya verse Overhaul Part 1) - Perhaps one of the top 10 most ambitious overhauls to a verse in vswiki history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was that whole little arc with Ahimsa where he went to Hell and Asmita as a soul coming to his aid (where Asmita was noted to be the one of the only ones capable of traveling between worlds which is most definitely what that multiple dimensions scan is talking about as opposed to any higher dimensional whatever).
The multiple dimensions scan just means 8th sense users can perceive the multiverse. nobody said otherwise.

The multiple dimensions scan just means 8th sense users can perceive the multiverse. nobody said otherwise.
it also in no way contradicts the higher dimensional stuff.

the endless stonewalling and strawmans on this thread as ridiculous.

got a scan for that?

Asmita and Ahimsa both have the 8th sense yet the latter can't make himself a new body hence asking Asmita to help him with that, who couldn't either.

As I said this whole arc in general massively strays from how it works in canon because as Asmita and the Specters note Ahimsa resisted Hades' laws despite being a dead soul, even though the criteria for this in canon was going there alive.

Asmita and Ahimsa both have the 8th sense yet the latter can't make himself a new body hence asking Asmita to help him with that, who couldn't either.

As I said this whole arc in general massively strays from how it works in canon because as Asmita and the Specters note Ahimsa resisted Hades' laws despite being a dead soul, even though the criteria for this in canon was going there alive.

can we get an english scan? or at least a chapter number?

That's a link to an image in an album where the entire chapter is uploaded. It's the first chapter of Asmita's Gaiden. This is the only english version I found and it says the same thing (probably because it's just translated from the Spanish version).
527fd32ccc52e182fa9d0da22d455274.png

It's not the same because Kurumada has clearly shown them with the power to regenerate.
Looking at chapter 98 of the classic, this might not be the case. Dohko says
“Even in death...
Even after you die...
Even if your bodies are destroyed and only your souls remain... for Athena. ......” at least according to deepl

That's Asmita talking to Ahisma, you're blatantly lying.

Asmita says nothing about being able to regenerate his own body, not that Shaka can.

Classic blatantly confirms at the wailing wall by Dohko, an 8th sense user, that one cannot regen their bodies.

please stop lying.
That's a link to an image in an album where the entire chapter is uploaded. It's the first chapter of Asmita's Gaiden. This is the only english version I found and it says the same thing (probably because it's just translated from the Spanish version).
527fd32ccc52e182fa9d0da22d455274.png

That's Asmita talking to Ahisma, you're blatantly lying.

Asmita says nothing about being able to regenerate his own body, not that Shaka can.

Classic blatantly confirms at the wailing wall by Dohko, an 8th sense user, that one cannot regen their bodies.

please stop lying.
What the hell are you talking about? As I said, the full situation is Ahimsa first asked Asmita to save him from Hell, which Asmita says is impossible because he can't make him a new body, and evidently neither can Ahimsa for himself otherwise there'd be no point to that scene. And the fact that Ahimsa's even there in control of himself as a dead soul also contradicts MO.

The Wailing Wall is only proof that they can, where they literally say word for word the Gold Saints just resurrected using a phrase Kurumada even uses to distinguish from dead souls.
Looking at chapter 98 of the classic, this might not be the case. Dohko says
“Even in death...
Even after you die...
Even if your bodies are destroyed and only your souls remain... for Athena. ......” at least according to deepl
He was referring to the fact that their bodies were destroyed before and reduced to souls, yet they still resurrected to fight for Athena again as they said in that panel.

The Wailing Wall is only proof that they can, where they literally say word for word the Gold Saints just resurrected using a phrase Kurumada even uses to distinguish from dead souls.
no, but Dohko explicitly stated that they are souls, it's not literal resurrection, as you're trying to describe.

That doesn't matter when they literally state word for word that they resurrected right before (just as Shaka and Saori did)
Are you talking about Aiolia, Mu and Milo? Or the souls of the golds who went to the UW free from the rule of Hades who were stated to not be able to regenerate?

It seems an alternate translation is that they are back in general, which i think fits in with ND(after all, why don’t all 12 just resurrect?) much better. And also with what dohko says right after.

It seems an alternate translation is that they are back in general, which i think fits in with ND(after all, why don’t all 12 just resurrect?) much better. And also with what dohko says right after.
they're only pushing this agenda because they have no real argument other than to fabricate "differences".

The viz translation also has dohko saying “All the dead Gold Knights have returned!! Even though you all died…Your flesh obliterated, only your souls remaining…you’re still ready to fight for Athena,Earth, and Justice!!

no, but Dohko explicitly stated that they are souls, it's not literal resurrection, as you're trying to describe.
It doesn't mean they're only souls in that moment, just that they had been reduced to souls before because they'd been dead up to that point, but as he says they still fight for Athena which is shown by the fact that they resurrected there.
Are you talking about Aiolia, Mu and Milo? Or the souls of the golds who went to the UW free from the rule of Hades who were stated to not be able to regenerate?
The latter, though it's of course worth nothing that the revival of the former 3 and what the latter did has the exact same wording.
Back because they resurrected, yes. Kurumada always uses that phrase for resurrection and literally even distinguishes it from contexts where someone's only a soul.

dohko uses present tense. Not, ”only your souls remained“ or “only your souls were remaining” he says “only your souls remain” as in now, at this very moment, only your soul is here. No body. And, willing themselves to resurrect would make ND make no sense. Why don’t all the golds just revive and either enter the past, or guard the present?

The latter, though it's of course worth nothing that the revival of the former 3 and what the latter did has the exact same wording.
and what you're ignoring, is that ATHENA is who revived the other 3 and they also weren't under Hades' law so they had 8th sense.

Back because they resurrected, yes. Kurumada always uses that phrase for resurrection and literally even distinguishes it from contexts where someone's only a soul.
thanks for the concession. They were only souls. They didn't actually resurrect in the way you want everyone to believe.

Now you're lying and willfully ignorant.

dohko uses present tense. Not, ”only your souls remained“ or “only your souls were remaining” he says “only your souls remain” as in now, at this very moment, only your soul is here. No body. And, willing themselves to resurrect would make ND make no sense. Why don’t all the golds just revive and either enter the past, or guard the present?
I don't get why you insist on these irrelevant semantics clearly open to interpretation when it literally shows and states them resurrecting.

What you say can equally be applied to your interpretation of the 8th sense, it doesn't matter.
and what you're ignoring, is that ATHENA is who revived the other 3 and they also weren't under Hades' law so they had 8th sense.

thanks for the concession. They were only souls. They didn't actually resurrect in the way you want everyone to believe.

Now you're lying and willfully ignorant.
The fact is that the wording between both situations is the same, something that would make no sense if they were just souls.

The wording clearly says otherwise, because Kurumada distinguishes that phrase from being a dead soul.
w8vLr8vaQ5YgwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

What's wilfully ignorant is continuing to deny the Shaka and Saori correlation here which proves 8th sense users can resurrect and that the other Gold Saints in that scene are no different. Unless you want to revisit the topic of whether Shaka died or not.

The fact is that the wording between both situations is the same, something that would make no sense if they were just souls.
wording being the same but the context is anything but.

stop stonewalling with semantical musical chairs, Dohko is an 8th sense user, he outright said they could only appear as a soul. They cannot regenerate or come back to life as they were.

The entire plot of ND breaks if the Golds can just regenerate, and your only response is "character flaw". Same can be said for LC.

ND even confirms the dead cannot come back to life.

wording being the same but the context is anything but.

stop stonewalling with semantical musical chairs, Dohko is an 8th sense user, he outright said they could only appear as a soul. They cannot regenerate or come back to life as they were.

The entire plot of ND breaks if the Golds can just regenerate, and your only response is "character flaw". Same can be said for LC.

ND even confirms the dead cannot come back to life.
Context is the same considering said wording was distinguished from them being ghosts by Mu and what Shaka did, dying and yet being alive again with a real body, thus he regenerated.

He never said anything like that, this is an interpretation you give it by removing it from all the other context and the fact it even says they resurrected.

The plot is questionable no matter what you think the 8th sense is capable of like the ability to travel in time and intervene, it doesn't invalidate its feats.

Argue with the manga.

There's nothing to argue with, Hyoga's right. He's referring in general to regular individuals such as Gestalt's literal pet horse, that's why he even uses his mom as an example when saying that. Taking that how you're saying is insinuating something like no ability to come back from the dead existing in the Saint Seiya world, which is obviously not true considering Saori, Shaka, Ikki, Asclepius, hell Hades ability to revive the dead. It obviously doesn't apply to these kind of special cases, which 8th sense users fall into.

Context is the same considering said wording was distinguished from them being ghosts by Mu and what Shaka did, dying and yet being alive again with a real body, thus he regenerated.

He never said anything like that, this is an interpretation you give it by removing it from all the other context and the fact it even says they resurrected.

The plot is questionable no matter what you think the 8th sense is capable of like the ability to travel in time and intervene, it doesn't invalidate its feats.
It's like arguing with a politician with you.

The manga debunks you. You've been caught lying about scans. You've openly lied/spread false information.

Just stop.

It's like arguing with a politician with you.

The manga debunks you. You've been caught lying about scans. You've openly lied/spread false information.

Just stop.
I'm not the one borderline schizoposting about plot twists that don't exist and gaslighting myself into thinking someone lied by failing to comprehend the most rudimentary details about a scene.

8th sense users fall into.
so your counter argument to an 8th sense user making a claim he has the knowledge to make is "gods can resurrect" then proceed to use Saori as some kind of valid case of 8th sense resurrection?

Ikki has the power of the Phoenix constellation.

But do you know what 8th sense users have all got in common? Not a single one of them post death have EVER gone back to the world of the living in an able body (or a body at all for that matter).

and Shaka appeared in ND TWICE and never done so.

Aiolos NEVER appeared in person to help Hyoga.

NONE of the 12 Golds came back to life when Athena needed them most and instead only appeared as souls to aid her.

Your fanfiction doesn't actually hold up.

I'm not the one borderline schizoposting about plot twists that don't exist and gaslighting myself into thinking someone lied by failing to comprehend the most rudimentary details about a scene.
ironic coming from someone who'd have everyone believe Shun wore a spirit cloth that was physically destroyed by Thanatos.

so your counter argument to an 8th sense user making a claim he has the knowledge to make is "gods can resurrect" then proceed to use Saori as some kind of valid case of 8th sense resurrection?

Ikki has the power of the Phoenix constellation.

But do you know what 8th sense users have all got in common? Not a single one of them post death have EVER gone back to the world of the living in an able body (or a body at all for that matter).

and Shaka appeared in ND TWICE and never done so.

Aiolos NEVER appeared in person to help Hyoga.

NONE of the 12 Golds came back to life when Athena needed them most and instead only appeared as souls to aid her.

Your fanfiction doesn't actually hold up.
? Hyoga isn't an 8th sense user, he only used it for a few moments through a miracle.

Again, Saori is literally has a regular human body. They even make a point of saying she's no different from humans in the Hades Arc after she killed herself.

Just because they didn't doesn't mean they never had the power to. It's not as though they needed to do that and got the job done as souls.

At any rate, this can be resolved very simply. Did Shaka die or not?

Huge beef going on, I think @Hasty12345 should stop the accusations, we're all having a cool debate, no need to get mad just because a point was refuted or not.
Luffy, I'm not mad.

And to those who have read the manga know, I'm not making accusations, I'm stating facts. Gemini has lied about scans and context multiple times on this thread and use to to it all over Comicvine as well.

I'm trying to remove abilities on the profiles that don't deserve to be on there. We've never seen an 8th sense user regenerate their body, nor resurrect themselves.

Mind you, you can't "resurrect" whilst still being in the Underworld, if you're in the underworld, the afterlife, you're dead by definition, something people seem to forget, you can't resurrect and be in the afterlife, it's an inherent contradiction.

Luffy, I'm not mad.

And to those who have read the manga know, I'm not making accusations, I'm stating facts. Gemini has lied about scans and context multiple times on this thread and use to to it all over Comicvine as well.

I'm trying to remove abilities on the profiles that don't deserve to be on there. We've never seen an 8th sense user regenerate their body, nor resurrect themselves.

Mind you, you can't "resurrect" whilst still being in the Underworld, if you're in the underworld, the afterlife, you're dead by definition, something people seem to forget, you can't resurrect and be in the afterlife, it's an inherent contradiction.
take it easy, bro, we understand you

Weird google translator lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back