• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Community Character Creation

Having a constant bound field around her so that whenever somebody is in proximity she will always hear the enemy better than they hear her.

The bound field will basically allow her to have (Enemy's senses)+1. It will always be better than her enemies senses unless they have a counter to that ability or something.

Do we have any good rules for this? The rules for the original were pretty well made, but I don't see much here.

Yobobojojo said:
Do we have any good rules for this? The rules for the original were pretty well made, but I don't see much here.
It doesn't seem so.

I think we should make it like this:

• 1 - Do not input exaggeratedly overpowered things. It ceases the fun, and makes the character quality look low and unviable.
  • 2 - Please refrain from shitposting on the character. We won't have a butt-faced character unless we all agree on it, which would be interesting.
  • 3 - All opinions are taken into account. If you take in account all rules for your opinion, it should have the value as the others, and should not be ignored at any cost.
  • 4 - As always, respect others opinions. Refrain from flaming or making other opinions look like they matter less, please.
Something like that. Also, the enhanced senses thing seems fine. Will she able to feel like she's seeing within the field if the target is in it, though? If you know what i mean.

A good restriction we had was a hard cap on one additional ability per person over a certain timeframe, but that's optional

Yobobojojo said:
A good restriction we had was a hard cap on one additional ability per person over a certain timeframe, but that's optional
How many? A 24-hour limit for ability per person could be fine.

How long?

1 day

2 days

1 week

ever

The poll was created at 11:14 on December 21, 2018, and so far 6 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

bump

What's left? If nothing is so someone should start doing a sandbox. I was proposing myself of doing the illustration but Mark will do it. He is better than me doing stuff.

> Blindfold

> Uses a sword

So it's Nier Automata.

Hmmm, where's activity? Lemme use some magic (Ôê®ÔöǤëÔöÇ)ÔèâÔöü☆´¥ƒ.*

About names: I have six questions there:
1. Will we use some already existing name? From what roots its origin would be like (ex. Latin, Japanese, Russian, British)?
2. Will we use an original name? How would it be composed and from which languages (fictional included) will we use elements?
3. Would the name have relation to any of her attributes? Would the name have any sense at all?

I'm voting Latin for the name, though I suspect Japanese will be the end choice.

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm voting Latin for the name, though I suspect Japanese will be the end choice.
Japanese may be like that because of, well, how the users behave. Maybe.

Edit: I'll write a full list of the roots that can be checked.

Try searching some interesting names there

Edit: Of course not any name is given here. For example, Kalmyk names are missed.

Edit 2: Be careful with Japanese, Chinese and similar names as they usually have lots of meanings!

Edit 3: If you're interested with Kalmyk names, let me know it. Their meaning can be found on Russian sites. I myself have a masculine kalmyk name Lari, an abbreviation of lavri, a kind of silk that is mentioned in the Jangar Epic, a traditional epic poem of the Kalmyk people.

I honestly prefer Greek-Latin roots for my characters in general, but this isn't one of mine, so...

I'll vote for russian. Let's break the loop a bit and see some interesting slav names

I've chosen the most interesting feminine Russian names that can be used for our character.
Text in brackets mean meaning, a question mark means the unreliability of info.

For navigation means:
der. - derived from
aso. - associated with
co. - combined with

• Agafya ("good")
  • Aglaya ("splendour, beauty")
  • Agrafena ("wild horse"?)
  • Akilina ("eagle")
  • Akulina ("eagle")
  • Albina ("white, bright")
  • Anfisa ("flower")
  • Antonina (?)
  • Ariadna ("most holy")
  • Borislava ("fighting for glory")
  • Bronislava ("protection" co. "glory")
  • Dominika ("of the Lord")
  • Elvira ("all true"?)
  • Ekaterina ("pure")
  • Esfir ("star"? or Ishtar)
  • Faina ("shining")
  • Fedora ("gift of god")
  • Gennadiya ("noble, generous")
  • Glafira ("smooth")
  • Gordeya ("proud")
  • Gorimira ("gorgeous")
  • Gradimira ("certain, persistent, creative")
  • Gradislava ("wisdom")
  • Granislava ("persistent")
  • Inna (?)
  • Isidora ("gift of Isis")
  • Ivanna ("gift of god")
  • Kira ("far sighted" or "young", aso. "lord")
  • Marfa ("the lady, the mistress")
  • Nika ("victory, bringing victory")
  • Nina ("fire")
  • Oxana ("hospitality, foreigner, guest")
  • Raisa ("light")
  • Roksana ("bright" or "dawn")
  • Selena ("moon")
  • Serafima ("fiery ones", der. seraphim)
  • Shura ("defending men")
  • Sivilla ("prophet")
  • Snezhana ("snowy")
  • Sophia ("wisdom")
  • Stanislava ("stand, become" co. "glory")
  • Sudislava ("balanced, judicious")
  • Svoboda ("freedom")
  • Tverdimira ("loyal, persistent, reliable")
  • Tverdislava ("strong, determined, insisting")
  • Yara ("sunny, furious, stubborn")
  • Yarina ("sunny, furious, stubborn")
  • Yaromira ("to ensue peace")
  • Yaroslava ("spring of glory")
  • Yulia ("courteous")
  • Zinaida (Zeus)
  • Zlata ("golden")
  • Zoya ("life")
If any of these names don't fit your mood, I'll list more names.

I like Gradimira and Tverdislava the most ;-;

I would like the main name and then a surname, though the surname depends on what personality is achieved or duplicated

Let's say if Glafira is decided, for the "happy" personality surname would be Zoya or Raisa (life, light representing happiness), and for the "determined" one would be Tverdislava

I hope what you guys get what i'm trying to mean

Uninown said:
I would like the main name and then a surname, though the surname depends on what personality is achieved or duplicated
If anyone would write a full list of usable personalities, I'd offer for you possible surnames (names).

Edit: I'll do names in my second weekend 'cause I gonna sleep soon.

Edit 2: Do I provide lots of info? ;3

Skalt711 said:
Uninown said:
If anyone would write a full list of usable personalities, I'd offer for you possible surnames (names).
Edit: I'll do names in my second weekend 'cause I gonna sleep soon.

Edit 2: Do I provide lots of info? ;3
Yes, you do provide good info. Thanks dude

Intelligence

Mindless

Animalistic

Below Average

Average

Above Average

Gifted

Genius

Extraordinary Genius

Supergenius

Nigh-Omniscient

Omniscient

The poll was created at 10:07 on January 13, 2019, and so far 9 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

> Omniscient

Nah but like

Better to make a character with some limitations to break, yes? Ergo I vote gifted. Good enough for intelligence.

Back