• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodlusting Shadow just makes him stop time indefinitely and keep attacking Garou until he dies lol. Stomp.

Good thing we were talking about Chaos CONTROL, a completely different ability.
Speak for yourself. Everyone here has already agreed that Shadow can't do enough damage in CC to take out Garou without somehow ripping/cutting off his head due to regen and pain tollerance.

In fact, you yourself say that he ends up limiting it himself in character. Which means Garou's wincons are exponentially more likely than his.
I would first like to mention, though I am a Sonic fan, I will be responding to this without letting bias cloud my judgment. I mean, I'm currently neutral right now as I don't fully know how Garou's regeneration works (I haven't been keeping up with OPM as I only read it once physical copies/volumes drop. I'm currently waiting for the next volume to drop). But Shadow doesn't really limit his time-stop in cutscenes where we see him use. It's just that he usually doesn't need it anymore. In the case of Sonic Forces, he already destroyed the clone. Why would it be necessary to keep time frozen any longer? In Sonic 2006, he slowed time against Silver, and turned it off after, sure, but he was also trying to reason with Silver.

So from what we know (based on cutscenes anyway), Shadow turns off Chaos Control once he no longer needs it/it's no longer necessary due to it becoming redundant.

Unless there's a cutscene I'm forgetting.

My guy these are the people who stonewalled that Type 1 Immortality granted Cosmic Radiation resistance for an entire page.
THAT is completely disingenuous. The majority of Sonic supporters had no part in that argument, stop being obtuse. It's annoying being lumped into an argument or situation I had no part in just cuz I'm supporting the same character.

Okay so Shadow is bloodlusted now. The match is a stomp.
You are being a poor sport. Spinoirr can turn off bloodlust after just turning it on and you still haven’t answered why Shadow limits his Time Stop in character.

Now shadow loses. It’s a roller coaster at this point
IMG_20220809_235745.jpg

How will that change anything?
Shadow being bloodlusted means he will simply stop time indefinitely(which we know he can) and will simply spam attacks until he kills Garou. Which Garou won't regenerate from. Because time is stopped, and as such so would his regeneration. Eventually he's going to die regardless of endurance because he literally cannot think or move, especially when he cannot regenerate, because Shadow can keep attacking him until he dies.

Without bloodlust Shadow would not do this, obviously.

So what are Shadow's wincons now that decapitating Garou isn't a thing and that CC isn't viable either since Shadow can't take him out during it?
Shadow's Chaos Spear can be versatile. They can explode on contact, or embed themselves into surfaces. There are examples such as his knight counterpart Sir Lancelot where he fires Chaos Spears that embed themselves in surfaces due to their sharpness. Or against Shadow in Generations, he's shown shooting Chaos Spears that embed themselves in the ground. There are also other uses too such as paralyzation, purely damage, exploding on contact, etc.

Wouldn't adjusting the power just make it a bigger and stronger explosion? Why would adjusting power make it suddenly cut things?

I think they're trying to say, Shadow could cut Garou's head off without a Chaos Spear via a homing attack. As opposed to just punching a hole in him.
It's just Shadow curling into a ball... Imagine a basketball with spikes being thrown towards your face. It's not going to cut off your head. It's too big for that.

I mean if Shadow stabs him in the head with his quills he can't regenerate from that as regenerating from severe brain damage would require Mid regen-

No wincons. Either way he has no wincons.
* Starts with 2x AP

* Time Stops in character, only turns it off if he thinks he doesn’t need it.

* Paralysis and Powernulls with Chaos Spear.

* Has a degree of Cosmic Radiation by scaling to Sonic, Amy, Knuckles and Tails, all 4 being directly next to a Sun for a period of time. Shadow being the Ultimate Lifeform surpass Amy Knux and Tails. Resist Matter Manipulation and Antimatter Manipulation by being unaffected by attacks from the Antimatter Cannon and Particle Beam Cannon. Resist Diseases by his immortality, which was created to cure incurable diseases. Should be more than enough to last far longer than a Rich Child with Child Emperor.

* Plus Sealing, which I haven’t seen anything from what Garou has done to resist Chaos Energy’s space/time sealing.

How is that severe brain damage?
I mean if you get stabbed in the head and it pierces your skull it's gonna hurt your brain lol. And I think getting stabbed in the brain would be severe brain damage.

Also, realized Shadow has spines, not quills, argument immediately irrelevant from minor mistake.

Wouldn't adjusting the power just make it a bigger and stronger explosion? Why would adjusting power make it suddenly cut things?
In the video you sent Shadow had specifically charged the attack before firing it off, thus the explosion. As Laser explained Chaos Spear has had varied effects rather than just being an energy explosion.

It's just Shadow curling into a ball... Imagine a basketball with spikes being thrown towards your face. It's not going to cut off your head. It's too big for that.
Considering how sharp Spin Attacks are it’d be more like if someone shoved my head into a buzzsaw

I mean if you get stabbed in the head and it pierces your skull it's gonna hurt your brain lol. And I think getting stabbed in the brain would be severe brain damage.
Where does the line of "limited brain damage" and "severe brain damage" start?

Where does the line of "limited brain damage" and "severe brain damage" start?
I mean, personally, I'd consider getting stabbed in the brain pretty severe, especially by multiple spines considering just one isn't gonna be piercing Garou, but multiple. I dunno what's really defined as "severe brain damage" though, so feel free to take my argument with a grain of salt, if that suits your fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back