• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Acnologia

Status
Not open for further replies.
WilliamShadow said:
Those "arguments" only prove my point.

1. No you can't equalise in this case because we only equalise things that work on similar way and even if you equalise you could likely only equalise things that don't ignore durabilty (like lighting attacks) which is worthless here plus people always say we wank Acnologia and his absorption and magic resistance abilty when he is winning, but when losing it's okay to do so just to make it "fair" or at least that's what it looks like to me.

2. Acnologia would never teleport someone into his dimension (in fact he threw out Anna and Ichiya) the only reason he teleported the dragons slayers is because he needed to use their powers to stabilise his own magical energy or else he would of lost control which is what in the end happened and he simply disspeared.

3. "If it were a stomp then someone would have already pointed that out" if that was true than we would of never had the versus removal thread in which people are continuously complaining about stomps and ridiculous match ups endings (you included) wouldn't you say? Also, I just did point it out so there is that.

4. It's a battle between high Regenerationn, matter absorption, Ionic Drain, power absorption, sub atomic destruction and other durabilty negation abilties vs 0 hax.

That's not a stomp to you?
1. We have multiple comments regarding this, verse equalization works here, he absorbs magical elements just fine normal elements should work here as well.

2. Without any ONE of Cole's abilities, it doesn't matter, without regen, he gets stomped, without a black hole, he eventually gets BFR'D, to say Acno would never bother taking the easy way out after blasting a dude continuously is downright laughable.

4. I never get this, when a Ryuko match is made when the opponent can't bypass her regen, the fight is added, but now with a ridiculous strength advantage and some hax, the fights a stomp, because that's okay right?

I'll say this again, without High Regen, Acno stomps, without Black Hole, Cole Eventually gets BFR'd, without the rest of his stuff, he's helpless against the flying Acno.

Cole only wins via a combination of all of his abilities being put into action, which makes the fight interesting.

I'll say this, Monkey put FAR more effort into his debate then I've seen people do 95% of the time with a bunch of FOR REASONS ABOVE bullshit.

This is a decisive victory at most, remove 1 ability Cole loses, remove regen, Acno stomps.

First off, Gargoyle and William, you both need to chill the hell out okay? To be blunt, that tone is uncalled for. Not only that, disliking "FRA" is nice, but we've had a discussion for why it is used. So I suggest you not speak in that tone about it since many people including staff and yourself use it. Monkey did a good job, but guess what, not every post needs to have such a long reply. Simple as that.

Secondly, While I'm not personally a fan of this fight at all since I dislike the very basis, it is decisive. However, I'll keep my other reasons to myself.

Can we not go through, stomp or decisive or aggressive confrontation every damn Fairy Tail fight? Like seriously, it's like the moment a FT character gets involved, the match becomes a bloodbath.

For the sake of it, I will go over each scenario.

1. Remove Teleportation: Cole is now completely helpless as none of his abilities can hurt Acno without black Hole, and without being able to get close, he will get one shotted over and over and eventually Acno gets bored and BFRs him.

2. Remove Regen: Self Explanatory.

3. Remove Black Hole: Same as one only more difficult to BFR

4. Remove Power Absorbtion: Cole is now struggling to get close to Acno and activate the Black Hole as Acno continues flying away from it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
First off, Gargoyle and William, you both need to chill the hell out okay? To be blunt, that tone is uncalled for. Not only that, disliking "FRA" is nice, but we've had a discussion for why it is used. So I suggest you not speak in that tone about it since many people including staff and yourself use it. Monkey did a good job, but guess what, not every post needs to have such a long reply. Simple as that.
I didn't insult William, I simply disagreed with him, and he didn't even talk to me.

Unless you're referring to Knight, which case I fully agree.

That said, the discussion for why FRA is used resulted in most of the staff agreeing to remove it, with only a few people wanting to keep it.

"If we remove his abilitie"

If this is the argument people agree with i will just leave cause it's sad.

Considering how many matches wouldn't be a stomp if we did that.

Gargoyle One said:
That said, the discussion for why FRA is used resulted in most of the staff agreeing to remove it, with only a few people wanting to keep it.
The simple fact of the matter is that it's still a thing. Leave it alone. Understood?

If you have a reliance on abilities to take a win then it refrains from being a stomp.

And please, Dragon literally just told us to calm down. There's no need for this.

WilliamShadow said:
Considering how many matches wouldn't be a stomp if we did that.
I'm just going to say this and leave it.

This is not the case for most stomp matches.

Dragon, we can conclude here, close at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back