• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Vein upgrade (Assuming anyone has even a tiny bit of interest in this verse :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So, Code Vein. The verse I have tons of interest in, and practically nobody else. Let's see if we can get more than one message a week on this post, shall we?

The current tiering for the Code Vein verse is pretty barebones. The early game keys are based on purely a size feat, basically being a placeholder, and the late game keys are based on an extremely casual feat performed by a character who isn't even one of the strongest in the game. So, there's a lot of room for revisions. This CRT aims to further elaborate on and make the tiering for the main cast more accurate by changing them to be 7-A at their peak.

In the cutscene where it is revealed that Nicola was the Successor of the Breath (available here) it is also stated that the Successors are able to create their own "crypts", the places where they will live for an eternity as they hold the Queen's relics. On top of that, unlike with some depictions of crypt creation throughout the game (where it seems as though they simply morph the surroundings to their wishes) this cutscene explicitly shows and explains that Nicola was simply left in the middle of a field, and yet created their crypt there regardless. The reason this is important is because Nicola's crypt is an entire mountain. As such, Nicola single-handedly created an entire mountain atop the middle of a field.

With this in mind, the Successor of the Breath and the characters who scale to him would be 7-A, due to the feat of Nicola creating an entire mountain. On top of that, there are several characters who would scale very far beyond the Successor of the Breath, due to Nicola only carrying a single Queen's relic, compared to characters like Gregorio Silva who carry multiple. On top of this, the main cast scaling to the Successor of the Breath takes place quite early in the game.

So, what are the suggested changes?

The Queenslayer: Change the "Early Game" key to "7-A", via scaling to the Successor of the Breath. Change the "Late Game" key to "At least 7-A, likely higher" via scaling to the Virgin Born, a character who wielded almost every single relic at the same time (compared to Nicola, who performed their 7-A feat via wielding only one)

Io: Change the "Early Game" key to "Possibly 7-A", via potentially being comparable to the Queenslayer. Change the "Late Game" key to "At least 7-A, likely higher" via scaling to the Virgin Born.

Louis Amamiya: Change the "Early Game" key to 7-A, via scaling to the Successor of the Breath. Change the "Late Game" key to "At least 7-A, likely higher" via scaling to the Virgin Born.

Mia Karnstei: Change the "Early Game" key to 7-A, via scaling to the Successor of the Breath. Change the "Late Game" key to "At least 7-A, likely higher" via scaling to the Virgin Born.

Gregorio Silva: Change to "At least 7-A" via wielding multiple relics (when a single one is easily capable of a pretty good 7-A feat)

The Virgin Born (page not yet created, will get to soon): Make "At least 7-A, likely higher" via wielding the power of every single relic at the same time (when a single one is easily capable of a pretty good 7-A feat)

so you agree?

Are there any staff members (other than me of course :p) who would be able to evaluate this? I think at least one other staff member agreeing with this should be enough to apply it.

Through what's shown in-game, I'd definitely say it's quite a well above average size mountain. Though as far as I'm aware there aren't any specific measurements for it.

Eh, if it's reasonably large and specifically was reality warped into existence it is probably fine.

Sounds good. If you're fine with it as well, I think I can begin to apply this.

Welp, looks like we're finished here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back